Sign in to follow this  
jujutsuboy

Time for a new kit - suggestions please

Following yearly bonus, I have decided it is time for a new kit! Basically, I'm after something which is an interesting build and capable of running on varied off road surfaces (not limited to Tamiya). Currently thinking of; Axial Wraith, Axial Exo, Hotshot/Supershot, XV01T. (Current collection includes Lunch box, Blitzer and CC01).

Any thoughts? I know we like to spend each others cash! :D

The Vaterra is interesting, and if in kit form would have been on the list! I have also been considering a 3 speed but looking at new preferably.

Any thoughts? I know we like to spend each others cash! :D

Well if I had the cash then i'd spend it on a DF-03ra, not fussed which one but probably the Lancer Evo. So if I could spend your cash for you then that would be my choice. :)

I am in a similar position to yourself and I settled on the XV-01. The chassis has got great ratings and looks a real gem from Tamiya.

I have bought the Subaru Impreza WRX STi Team Arai version because I plan on doing more off than on-road and I thought the pretty blue aluminium parts on the Pro version would get trashed.

The body though is likely to get sold because I have a classic '98 Subaru 555 body with gold wheels for running and I have a Lancia Delta Integrale with cockpit for sitting on the shelf.

I like the fact that you can easily convert it to Touring car spec too. There are so many great bodies from the TA-02 and TB-01 eras which will fit straight on.

I would choose the XV-01 (my next kit puchase) for many reasons including the ones above. I own a Wraith and I can tell you they can become costly really quick. I do not own an EXO but from what I've heard they are in great need of hopups and can be a pain to work on. If you like to build a kit and you would like to own an Axial, buy a scx10- great kit, fun to put together and tough as nails. But, I'd still choose a XV-01.

Do you plan to purchase online? Do you plan on buying all upgrade parts or replacement parts online? The reason I am asking is because Tamiya products are nonexistent in local hobby shops in America. You may want to check to see what your hobby shops have too. I can say in my part of the USA everyone and their mother is either running a Traxxas Slash or AE short course trucks and all of the hobby shops are supplied accordingly. It is either short course trucks, or 1/8 scale buggies or truggies. I am the side-show with my 1/10 scale Tamiya buggies. LOL

Thanks for input. Almost pulled the trigger on an Exo, but ordered Wraith instead just have something different that can go anywhere plus potential for scale fun and games. We shall see if all goes well as first non Tamiya :blink: