I have one on mine fella and its much stronger than the plastic one and does not flex even with a 21.5 brushless in

I have one on mine fella and its much stronger than the plastic one and does not flex even with a 21.5 brushless in

Thanks - looks like i will need one . The 55t produces a lot of torque . Add the reduction unit and its asking a lot of the plastic mount i think .

Good progress today . Fitted up the Junfac 4 links - what a transformation . They really give the rear axel much needed location and get rid of the flex in the cheapo plastic kit supplied items . Articulation is excellent . Might need to add some spacers to set the final wheelbase but thats a easy fix . I also mounted up the skid plate . Junfac had missed a spacer out of the packaging but i cut a pair and it fits well . Adds some weight that will aid the COG while giving the underside a lot of protection .

Next up was the rc4wd reduction unit . Nice quality item - seems to be well engineered . It mounted up to the 55t motor perfectly using the supplied pinon . Refitted the 18t drive pinion and the mesh is spot on with the spur gear . It seemed quite loud till i realised that the reduction box needs lubricating - bit of mollyslip and its sweet as a nut :D . I had to try it so lashed a battery up directly to the motor . WELL happy . Speed is a steady walking pace - ideal for a scale trail runner and the torque is awesum . Even without the propshaft connected and in fwd only its got a lot of grunt .

All in all a afternoon well spent enjoying the sun , a few beers and spannering . :D

At a standstill again now waiting on parts from Japan - once they arrive i can sort the front end supension out . In standard form the amount of travel really is woefull .

sorry for hijacking this yet again but here goes

well its been a while since this was updated so thought it was about time to get it finished :sick:

DSCN1175.jpg

DSCN1176.jpg

DSCN1177.jpg

DSCN1178.jpg

DSCN1179.jpg

DSCN1180.jpg

DSCN1181.jpg

DSCN1182.jpg

DSCN1183.jpg

DSCN1184.jpg

DSCN1185.jpg

DSCN1186.jpg

DSCN1187.jpg

well i am happy with it now so need to run it and see how it goes before i decide on anything else

the steering mod seems to be working well and nice and smooth :pinch:

cheers for permission for this aaron

Nice work fella . I like the idea of using side mounts for body - neat . Just me but i think the wheelbase needs extending slightly more to bring the rear wheels into the center of the rear arch . I've added 10mm to mine with 5mm spacers either end of the 4 links . i see you did the drop link mod - works well dont it ;)

Nicely done cossack. Me and bromvw have spoken about this type of front end conversion. I'd be interested to see how you've modified the steering and shocks mounts. Have you got any WIP pics or without the guard?

I agree with bromvw, think the rear axle would look better if it was a little further back.

here you goo peeps pics without guard

DSCN1223.jpg

DSCN1224.jpg

DSCN1225.jpg

DSCN1226.jpg

to be honest i think i have took a bit much off this so am going to invest in a new chassis and do it again now i can see where i dont need to cut out :rolleyes:

not really looked at wheelbase yet its the last thing on my list ha ha

the shocks are mounted on the rear of the arms and i used alloy servo mounts to space them up

i am just going to keep messing with this till i get it right then do a re-build

cheers ian

Thanks Cossack, is the steering a lot more responsive with that sep up? I'm thinking to try this on a CC01 Dingo but I'm a little apprehensive as once I start cutting there's no going back :(

It looks like you've left the arms as standard and turned the knuckles around and relocated the shocks, is it really that simple?

Thanks Cossack, is the steering a lot more responsive with that sep up? I'm thinking to try this on a CC01 Dingo but I'm a little apprehensive as once I start cutting there's no going back :(

It looks like you've left the arms as standard and turned the knuckles around and relocated the shocks, is it really that simple?

Its that simple . Just tried it on mine although having already modified the steering i'll keep it as is otherwise the suspension mods wont work . Good idea using alloy servo mounts as top shocks mounts . Might well 'nick' that one :D

its a lot better my friend but you have to be brave

as i mentioned i probably went too far on mine but i done it with no guide so when funds allow i will buy a new chassis and start again

i had to tap the back of the arms on mine but the stock ones have holes all the way through

yeh so apart from that was easy to do

Its that simple . Just tried it on mine although having already modified the steering i'll keep it as is otherwise the suspension mods wont work . Good idea using alloy servo mounts as top shocks mounts . Might well 'nick' that one :D

i have copyright on that mod ha ha ha

so i need to run it now as a new project has arrived B)

Has anyone tried Absima Dampers from Modelsport ? They look to be ideal for my CC-01 front end upgrade in terms of length ( 85mm ) and looking almost like the stock Tamiya items but i wonder what the quality is like .

well this got a real good testing yesterday and withstood everything i threw at it without any problems

just needs a bit of fine tuning and should be spot on and well worth the effort :rolleyes:

well this got a real good testing yesterday and withstood everything i threw at it without any problems

just needs a bit of fine tuning and should be spot on and well worth the effort :rolleyes: I've not done anything on mine in almost 2 weeks due to work commitments but hope to find some time this weekend .

Being side tracked in recent weeks due to work commitments but hopefully parts will land tomorrow from Tonystamiyaparts so i can do the TL-01LA front suspension mods on the CC-01 . BTW if anyone is having problems ordering from Tony cut him some slack as hes not being well recently and has to visit hospital 3 times a week . He has some assistants who can deal with the general orders but if you require tech advice give him time to get back to you please .

Done the front end mods and WOW what a improvement . The track width is identical to stock but the amount of suspension travel is vastly improved . Money well spent IMO . Just need to fabricate some top mounts for some longer dampers but that will have to wait till I have the body so I can see just what length I can actually fit without them hitting the underside of the wings .

Can anyone with a Defender CC-01 conversion please tell me the height in mm to the underside of the bonnet ? I need to fabricate some custom front damper mounts but don't have the body yet . Many thanks if you can help me out .

where are you wanting measurements from fella from chassis to bonnet or just from the body to bonnet i.e behind the grill

cheers ian

where are you wanting measurements from fella from chassis to bonnet or just from the body to bonnet i.e behind the grill

cheers ian

Could you measure from the top of the tub where the on/off switch is to the underside of the bonnet please mate ?

still working on this one but being held up by A lack of funds and B waiting for parts to arrive .

Hi Brom,

Have you made any progress on this? It sounds interesting. What scheme are you going for on it?

Will

bit stalled at the moment Will till I free up some funds . I think i'll be going for a kinda weekend warrior look . Sort of thing you see on the green lanes and doing the odd bit of mud plugging .

OK Cool. That sounds good. I really like the body, and its so easy to customise.

P.S- Make it a van Landy, not many about, and more unique ;)

OK Cool. That sounds good. I really like the body, and its so easy to customise.

P.S- Make it a van Landy, not many about, and more unique ;)

Might do Will . It would make it easier to hide the electrics as I will more than likely have a second battery for a winch