Tamiya1/10

Twin Hammer by Vatarra

I picked up a 2nd hand one recently and am lovin the insane speeds. Not really a crawler by any traditional sense, the two speeds are more like fast and sonic boom!

You now have quad hammer. :D Kidding aside, any changes you've made or considering?

Oh yes, you know me I can't leave anything alone :) I will do a build thread for it but so far I've dissolved the bonnet (not by choice) so that's being replaced in plasticard. I didn't like the driver figure and mine came with a resin copy of the bruiser head anyway, which looks the same as the Sand a Scorcher/Monster Beetle head but is obviously a bigger scale so looked very wrong! I've got a FAV head sprue ordered to replace it with and will add a bit more cockpit detail. What was suppose to be an upgraded gear change servo has already died on me just after I finished setting up the 3rd channel, so it's currently a manual lever to change between fast and ******* me that's fast. What else... Oh yeah I've cut out the rear of the battery tray to fit my larger 5000mah 2s lipo and changed the spare wheel & mount. It also came with Axial Ripsaw tyres and I'll be adding some much needed weight to the wheels.

Not had a chance to have a proper drive yet but I assume I'll be putting a slower motor in there at some point. The original is fun and has an in built fan, but it's not what I usually go for.

• Like 1

got one from modelsport last week , on unboxing i was ultra impressed at the quality of plastics and all other gear , weathers hooooorendous here at the moment so cant get it out to try it , added a few bellray and kc stickers also a tamiya z parts drivers head , so its looking quite tamiyaesque now , lol

got one from modelsport last week , on unboxing i was ultra impressed at the quality of plastics and all other gear , weathers hooooorendous here at the moment so cant get it out to try it , added a few bellray and kc stickers also a tamiya z parts drivers head , so its looking quite tamiyaesque now , lol

Ah another member to the mighty Thor club. You should be able to unleash the beast as all the stuff are weathered proofed. I hear the locking front diff should be a must.... my is still unopened...not even a peek yet:-( I am thinking of getting the lock piece, F/R sway bars and the sheet metal body mentioned by twinset.

BTW... it does come with a manual? oh yea the driver head is good too..

• Like 1

Ah another member to the mighty Thor club. You should be able to unleash the beast as all the stuff are weathered proofed. I hear the locking front diff should be a must.... my is still unopened...not even a peek yet:-( I am thinking of getting the lock piece, F/R sway bars and the sheet metal body mentioned by twinset.

BTW... it does come with a manual? oh yea the driver head is good too..

got the ally body on and the front and rear sway bars !! great minds n all that ;);)