A couple of days ago I come across this picture and so I finally got to see a real-size monster truck with the Juggernaut tires. I'm a huge fan of monster truck racing and love the Juggernaut, but to this day I never before seen any truck sporting such tires. How about you, guys. Ever seen the Juggernaut "shoes" on a real-size truck before this picture?

This only makes the Juggernaut more desirable ;)

Y'all have a great Wednesday! :)

Juggernauttires_zpsacebfc82.jpg

• Like 1

So does this make the Juggernaut more 'scale?' :P

Interesting find, and an interesting van!

Juggernaut tires are not so good. They are baloon tires and they invite the car to roll overs.

Anyway they are very cool!

Max

Now that would make the school run a lot more fun :D Is that a nitrous bottle on the front grill?

Nice find Erich! I've never seen 1:1 Jug tyres either, that's awesome! Now to find out who made them?

the first Monster Trucks ran on Tractor tires... which are what those are.

um, I think my redneck is showing...

• Like 1

They're Chevron's they're still being used over here on Monster trucks... those in the pic you posted actually look like tractor tires as they look a little skinnier than that of a Chevron

Okay, here's a monster truck from the good old days with the 1:1 Juggernaut tires. Firestone Heavy Duty Deep tread.

Enjoy these vintage pictures! ;)

77_pullingpower89f.jpg

77_thundertrucks1920.jpg

That's the way I like my Monster Trucks, ungainly and top heavy, with testosterone oozing names. (and I'm not kidding)

• Like 1

Yup climb up the tyre and open the door. Modern monster trucks you climb up frame and under inside of door.

It's awesome to see a 1:1 counterpart of the Heavy Duty Deep Treads, makes me respect my Jugg tyres that much more.

Have you hugged your juggernaut tyres today? :)

• Like 1

How do you get in to the cab?? you have to climb up the tire or something?

I have seen the legendary Jim Kramer climbing the tires of Bigfoot II (the regular size), and Bigfoot V (the one with the 10-foot tall Tundra tires) to get inside. As a matter of fact, he would do it while the truck was moving, as a part of a show back in the mid-80's. I would not be surprised if Kevin Dabney did the same with the Mega-Force monster truck.

Unfortunately not. Or not in free TV. My guess is that it can be seen on cable or satellite TV? Not sure.

I'm checking the video. The Andersons. I can't believe it's been 30 years already! I think there's nice stunts on the freestyle, but man, I sure miss the side-by-side racing!

is that yours or the real thing Martin :lol:

:lol: I don't work that fast .........

I've hopefully acquired some Jugg tires on clod wheels, assuming an Ebay purchase goes ok, so will be painting the clod wheels bright yellow and fitting on the skidder to replace the chrome Jugg2 ones I couldn't bring myself to paint :)

• Like 1