When we had Wyatt (my 5yr old) I started buying him hotwheels. Mostly mopars, or other cars I like. After about 500 cars my wife told me to stop buying them.

All of the mopars, or rare cars, I bought two of. 1 to play with and one for later. My plan is to be the cool grandpa who gives his grand kids vintage nib hotwheels. They'll also be the ones their fathers played with as kids.

I totally expect my grand kids to tear them open and play with them. I should lay them all out and catalog 'em just to see what all I have.

• Like 1

hello J,

I do not do facebook.

I do however have a huge collection of matchbox rolamatics. all new in boxes.

Lee, that's a shame as I've thrown a load of photos on that I know you'd love. Rolamatic fan here as well. Good man :) J

When we had Wyatt (my 5yr old) I started buying him hotwheels. Mostly mopars, or other cars I like. After about 500 cars my wife told me to stop buying them.

All of the mopars, or rare cars, I bought two of. 1 to play with and one for later. My plan is to be the cool grandpa who gives his grand kids vintage nib hotwheels. They'll also be the ones their fathers played with as kids.

I totally expect my grand kids to tear them open and play with them. I should lay them all out and catalog 'em just to see what all I have.

I'd keep them tucked away! :)

• Like 1

Ohhhh... I used to have all the 75 from the 70's. Unfortunately had to sell them, they were SO beautiful, the boxes, the colors... I am a huge Lesney fan!

I don't have a Facebook to join your group, but I appreciate your work and the excellent pictures I'm sure you have for share. Your Tamiya pictures are always so very well presented.

Anyway, do you happen to collect other Lesney/Matchbox toys, John? I collect the early-to-mid 70's Fighting Furies figures. I like both, the Western and Pirates. They're so amazingly detailed and their boxes are so superbly decorated and well presented! You remember them?

• Like 1

Ohhhh... I used to have all the 75 from the 70's. Unfortunately had to sell them, they were SO beautiful, the boxes, the colors... I am a huge Lesney fan!

I don't have a Facebook to join your group, but I appreciate your work and the excellent pictures I'm sure you have for share. Your Tamiya pictures are always so very well presented.

Anyway, do you happen to collect other Lesney/Matchbox toys, John? I collect the early-to-mid 70's Fighting Furies figures. I like both, the Western and Pirates. They're so amazingly detailed and their boxes are so superbly decorated and well presented! You remember them?

I have Fighting Furies, yes :-) I've got Captain Pegleg, Mr Hook and quite a few outfits :-)

Is nice thought and a good reason to keep on buying in the name of your future grand children. :-)

However be prepare that they may show no interest at all. I started rc thinking my son would get into it. No such luck but i got into it instead. Than i thought of diecaste at 1/43 scale, big enough won't get swollow. 150+ later, my son tells me buying diecaste again. I guess it was more formy own liking. Bottom line, your children and grand children will likely prefer cash...than they can get what they like. However, should they like your collection than youb will indeed be one cool grandpa.