Zac_F83

Why are there no nice plastic 1.9 truck wheels?

I can't find a wheel that I honestly like for a decent price.. The Axial Walker Evans or HPI stock car wheels are the closest I can find to my liking and those I can barely see on a truck I would build..

WHY do all the nice wheels have to be beadlocks or alloy.. I hate it- I'd like a nice 8-10 hole plastic wheel 1.9"x26mm NON beadlock

I can't find a wheel that I honestly like for a decent price.. The Axial Walker Evans or HPI stock car wheels are the closest I can find to my liking and those I can barely see on a truck I would build..

WHY do all the nice wheels have to be beadlocks or alloy.. I hate it- I'd like a nice 8-10 hole plastic wheel 1.9"x26mm NON beadlock

Zak i may be able to help you out . I have a set of Topcad gold 6 spoke alloys with almost new tamiya pajaro tires that i need to part out . Their too bling for my Land Rover project but maybe they will suit . They are all 12mm hex drive and have come off a CC-01 . PM me if your interested and i'll send you some photos .

I found some alloy ones @ integy, and also check out their drift car wheels, they are 1.9 size

I'm not looking for expensive alloy wheels (all Integy alloy wheels are $$- cheapest one's I found were $60+) TopCad makes some for $40 and they're nice (had them on my highlift) BUT I don't wanna spend that much and don't want alloy's..

why aren't companies making nice plastic truck wheels?? it's cheaper than alloy's as far as cost to make, you can chrome plate them..

What "style" are you looking for ? That will help us guide you, there are a number of plastic ones available. Some inexpensive steel ones as well. (RC4WD, Junfac, Axial, Proline)

What "style" are you looking for ? That will help us guide you, there are a number of plastic ones available. Some inexpensive steel ones as well. (RC4WD, Junfac, Axial, Proline)

like the Topcad 8 hole alloy wheels, or just nice "truck style" wheels- not a wheel for a drift car or touring car- wheels that would fit a truck that aren't alloy or beadlocks

Check out the Lancia Rally Wheels (58278), or maybe the Hummer Wheels, or the truck wheels on the CC-01 Pajero/Chevy/XV-01t Asterion (0445516).

Why beadlock? Because you need to fix tires firmly if you intend seriouse crawling or scale crawling. Otherwise tires will pop off easely. Or you must glue tires to the wheels which is not a good solution as you bind tires and wheels forever. I have severals scaler running and building and I really just use aluminum or steelies beadlocks. They are simply the better looking and better functioning wheels. 1.9 steelies do not cost alot, they are cheap compared to the very simple plastic wheels.

May I ask for what Tamiya model are you trying to find good 1.9 wheels, Zac_F83? Is it for a CC-01 chassis?

Yes I'm looking for 1.9's for my CC-01 w/ a Parma 97 Dodge Durango body

I like the kit supplied 5 spokes and they're ok but I'd like something a little nicer..

have a set of Prerunner F-150 BFG Mud Terrain tires coming- so just need regular 1.9 wheels

This is just a basher not a crawler or anything like that- stock motor/ESC/NIMH battery

I have a set of new Landcruiser wheels I'm about to put up for sale. They're off a never been run XB CC01 and good as new. Just like these:

http://bit.ly/14gYbmq

I thought about these as well -I had a chrome set from my F350 HL and my LHS has them for $15/set or so - thanks for the offer though!

Check out the Lancia Rally Wheels (58278), or maybe the Hummer Wheels, or the truck wheels on the CC-01 Pajero/Chevy/XV-01t Asterion (0445516).

These (bold) are the CC-01 Bronco kit supplied wheels- they're nice but not for a 90's truck in my opinion - they will however remain on it til I find a new set..