HomerJHandley

Ebay purchase from canada : now arrived after 48 days!

Hi All, won some Falcon R parts NIP from canada and it has been over a month (well 1 month and a week) since they were paid, and marked dispached on the 16th, i paid i thin a shade over £30 for 2 NIP R part trees, but as Falcon lovers know, R parts NIP are pretty rare and don't really show up that often and when they do they get high prices

Now as nothing has arrived i emailed the seller and he said he would check, but didn't get any more response and he sent via international air small packets, not tracked.

I had until the 26th (i think ebay had) to put a resolution issue in, so regretfully i have had to do this as i dont think anything will arrive.

Most peeved as i really wanted these to make a start on buying odds and sods new to eventually have a new build falcon :(

so is 1 month too long to wait or shall i still hold out some hope?

I had a package that came from HK to Frankfurt germany (even the cheap deliveries are now with trackable number), it took 1 week to arrive in Frankfurts main post hub and then was stuck at customs for 4 weeks before I got a letter that I could collect. So stay put and cross your fingers ;)

The main thisng is to raise the case within the timeframe allowed by eBay - if they arrive you can close the case, but once you have it open it buys you more time ;)

• Like 1

I've had packages sent the same method to several overseas destinations as a seller on ebay. The delivery time has varied greatly. This is no fault of the seller. Cross your fingers !

The main thisng is to raise the case within the timeframe allowed by eBay - if they arrive you can close the case, but once you have it open it buys you more time ;)

+1 Regardless of how honest the seller is, you have to keep yourself protected too

Even if my buyers don't opt to pay for it, I send everything insured nowadays just in case stuff goes astray - that way, no-one loses out if the postal service falls down.

It may not feel great claiming against a guy that promises the goods were sent, but you can always send him the $$ again once the goods arrive.

I've never had anything take a month to arrive, I think you been patient enough - the world's not that big a place any more

• Like 1

I had a problem like that when sending parts abroad. Fortunately the buyer was very communicative and so we settled for a refund, though the money was given back again to me when the parts did arrive after nearly 2 months! This was a TC trade, however.

eBay-wise, I would follow the advice given about knowing your timeframes for opening cases and such. I have not much of an idea why Canadian postal services take so long to process orders, but apparently it is a problem with people looking to send model parts.

so is 1 month too long to wait or shall i still hold out some hope?

I think you should still hold out hope.

I'm sure you've already checked the Canada Post website but the stated time for packets to the U.K. is "In as little as 6 days" - fairly ambiguous I'm sure you'll agree :)

However the stated time frame for surface (on a boat) is "4 up to 6 weeks" so you should ask your seller if he definitely sent it by air.

I have twice bought Mauri parts from Canada and was warned by the seller that delivery was a very long time. Both times it ended up being nearly 12 weeks (this was to Australia). I only went ahead with the deal has the seller had a number of high number of sales with a high feedback score. In general though I won't buy of ebay sellers with a score lower than 99.7% and at least several hundred sales.

My understanding is that the postal stuff goes by seamail, so it is likely that the parts are on the way, but they are going to take a while to get to you. I would suggest if you do make a claim with ebay, that you at least inform the seller of what and why you are doing it.

good luck

Myself, I live in the poor side of the world, and with stuff sent from Canada down here I have had mixed experiences. Some packages take about a week, but I also have had a couple that has taken as long as two months to arrive. I have no clue what's the reason for that. But there is something about the Canadian postal service that isn't as fast as your USPS or Royal mail services.

I have gotten stuff from RCmart to NS canada, faster than from a shop I could drive to in under four hours. Canada post is slow.

I sent a package to Canada and it took about 8 weeks. Royal Mail said 5-6 weeks. The chap opened a case, won, got refunded and then the package turned up...

I'm afraid I won't send overseas (with ebay) anymore unless fully tracked, insured etc and I only do that if a potential bidder gets right on my case re an item. I prefer to stick to UK only.

Sounds like both ways across the pond for UK & Canada is a bit sloooooooow.

J

I've bought numerous bodies from that lexan seller in Canada - despatch has varied from 3-7 days but they've arrived within another 7-10 days. However i tend to buy one ata time o they come in a shoebox sized parcel and qualify for airmail. I bought my Gmade Spider conversion kit from a TC member in Ontario, that arrived within 2 weeks too (albeit a few years ago).

I suppose it depends on how much shipping you paid for, there will be slow boats and faster routes.

Do you actually know it was posted, or just relying on the seller stating that ?

I bought a couple of UFC figures from Canada ( at separate times) and on both cases they took about 6 weeks to arrive which was the time frame quoted to me from the seller for delivery from Canada to UK.

It seems most buyer fault the seller when likely is the local postal service and or custom that is holding onto the goods. The other route is by courier but who wants to pay the courier cost. just cannot win and have to rely on luck...selection and price have a price too.

i have said to him that i am willing to wait until the 6th of april (about 2 weeks) before i would like to start any refund proceedings.

Ok heres my take on this one . I have extended family who live In Banff , Canada . From what they say the Canadian postal service is to put it politely less than perfect . They say that a lot depends on the weather and the time of year . Air mail is ok but surface mail is a bit of a nightmare according to them .

where are they going to? it takes about 1 month to ship to Germany from the US due to customs.. not to mention expensive-

UK to US takes about 3 - 4 weeks

US to UK takes 3 - 5 weeks

US to HK takes 1.5 - 2 weeks

HK to US takes 10 -15 days

All times depend on weight and size of box..

I have had things take two to three months from Canada to Australia, mistakenly sent by surface!

Airmail, same route took a little over a week.

C..

Post from Canada seems always to be slow ... I had stuff take 6 weeks from Canada to Australia before

4 weeks MINIMUM seems the norm, so I'd still hold out hope that it's just the slow post at fault and probably not the seller.

• Like 1

Agreed. The longest I have waited is about 2 months. Everytime it turns out that is has taken all that time to leave Canada. Times when I have has stuff sent registered/insured it has sat in some post facility in Canada until the day before the insurance claim period starts (6 weeks from lodgement date).

Short story, don't blame Canadian sellers, their postal system is lazy.

Ah Canada, a great place to visit...not so sure a place to live. Things are expensive and taxes are high from personal income tax to the HST, which is just the provincial sales tax and the federal sales tax combined into one double digit sales tax. No wonder most Canandian don't have any disposal income as 6 to 7 month of their pay all go to the government. Plus now Canada seens to have a 3rd world postal services. Everything must be delivered by unionized sled dogs. Where each dog gets 4, 15 minutes break for each hour. The government is trying to allow only 2 half hour breaks per hour.

Yay, arrived today! 48 days from posting! blimey.

but now I have 2 NIB R parts, £16 each including postage so not a bad price IMO for something that is not common, just keeping an eye out for other falcon bits now so slowly build up a complete model.... :)

Glad they arrived - I had another package in from ***** this morning, admittedly only a large jiffy bag but a week door to door ain't bad.

Glad they arrived - I had another package in from ***** this morning, admittedly only a large jiffy bag but a week door to door ain't bad.

thats fast, they probably had them in stock, usually takes a week to ship them. but hey, best place to get a 'new' shell :)