BadWagon

I Couldn't take it any longer. New Boomerang SIG Image for review

Which Image for the Boomerang SIG  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Today has been a full on, get it done kind of day here at work.

so i decided to take a break and browse TC and the showrooms, which lead me to the SIGs, which lead me straight into a pet peeve... not so fantastic photoshop work, and more importantly, stretched out of proportion graphics, blurry (not with a purpose).

boomerang.jpeg

I don't mean to insult the person who made the current image, but I just needed to do something. It's been driving me nuts since I joined the group.

Without further ado, here are two images which may be used for the Boomerang SIG. If I've broken a rule, I'm sorry, I'm just trying to help. Let me know what you think.

boomerang-sig.jpg

boomerang-gang-sig.jpg

• Like 7

Not a member of the SIG, but as its one of my peeves too, the new pic gets my vote as better.

• Like 1

I am kind of fond of the 'Boomerang Gang' logo. Nice work; I agree it could use this improvement!

• Like 1

I'd take down the a bit the red off the "gang" word, but IT'S ALL "Boomerang Gang" FOR SURE!

• Like 1

nice work mr wagon! i agree some of the SIG images are basically unreadable...

• Like 1

I've had a couple of PMs from members about this one, and whilst it doesn't break any rules, I do think it's a little discourteous to discuss replacing someone's work without first consulting them about it.

• Like 1

I think the same. As much as I like the newly suggested pictures, why not contacting the S.I.G. owner first before starting any polls?

• Like 1

Looks great! I voted and glad to see my vote made all the difference by making them exactly the same! lol

• Like 1

<p>

I've had a couple of PMs from members about this one, and whilst it doesn't break any rules, I do think it's a little discourteous to discuss replacing someone's work without first consulting them about it.

Andy I have no idea who made the other one, I was simply trying to help out and give back to TC. I ment no disrespect at all.

I assumed the whomever created the original image had struggled with finding a Boomerang logo which was clean enough to be legible.

I had a very long day yesterday so the phrasing in my post definitely could have been more tactful.

I apologize for hurting anyone's feelings, for stepping on anyone's toes, over a line or the like.

I simply thought I could take 10 minutes out of my day and give back a little something to the community.

If ya want you can delete this thread.

Fair play - there's no need to delete the thread - we had a holiday here yesterday, so you achieved more than me.

If you (or anyone) ever need to contact a SIG owner, they're the one at the top of the SIG's list of members.

If you click on their username that'll take you to their TC homepage and you can contact them from there - if they have all their tabs (showroom, trades etc.) showing then they're still a subscribed member so can do all the necessary maintenance.

• Like 1

I think the same. As much as I like the newly suggested pictures, why not contacting the S.I.G. owner first before starting any polls?

I'm sorry, I didn't realize SIGs had owners. I would have contacted them if I had realized that.

I thought they were just groups put together and 'run' by someone.

I dont' know how to find out who owns the SIG.

I totally get that the owner wouldn't like someone just posting stuff up about 'their SIG'...

I did not mean to be rude, I assumed it was a community thing, and that the correct way to go about it would be a poll.

To the owner of the Boomerang SIG I am truly sorry if I hurt your feelings or upset you. I really was only trying to give back to TC and the Bommerang SIG. Please let me know how to make it up to ya.

I don't wanna be mean to a fellow TCer, especially a Boomerang Guy!

...I didn't realize SIGs had owners. I would have contacted them if I had realized that.

I thought they were just groups put together and 'run' by someone.

ah ok

The idea of SIGs is that someone decides to create a 'Special Interest Group' to gather like-minded individuals in one place - they're refered to as the owners - not sure where the phraseology came from originally.

They design the banner and then add a quick 'bio' for the group to summarise what the group's about (in case the purpose isn't obvious from the title)

All it means is the original banner is usually the work of the SIG owner - some of the guys here are mustard with photo editing, some of us aren't.

• Like 1

Thank you Andy and Percymon!!

Now I get it... and I know the right way to go about it.

I'll reach out to Kenta78 and apologize directly, as well as here, publicly.

Kenta78 I am truly sorry if I upset you and your vision for the SIG banner. I was only trying to help, and give back, but now I see that I was out of line. Sorry bud.

I'll shoot you a PM here in just a bit.

Thanks for the feedback and info guys.

I've sent both an email and a PM to Kenta78 regarding this thread and the Boomerang SIG image.

We'll let him decide if he'd like to replace the current image, use one of the two I created, or have me create a different image all together.

Sorry for the ruckus guys!

I'm a little concerned that the text on the existing banner seems to be moving very slightly from side to side - can anyone else see it, or am I (going) a bit odd?

I'm a little concerned that the text on the existing banner seems to be moving very slightly from side to side - can anyone else see it, or am I (going) a bit odd?

No, you're not odd, it's called an unconstrained stretch. What that means is that the image was stretched by width, while the height stayed the same, or both were modified, but not in equal amounts. In Photoshop, if you hold down the shift key while transforming it (stretching/shrinking) it will constrain the proportions so that the asset doesn't stretch more one way than the other, and looks all pretty. :)

yes, you are odd. for example, the rest of us see the below image as a perfect square with nothing out of place at all. i suggest a visit to the eye doctor ASAP.

optical-illusion-inside-out-sumit-mehndiratta.jpg

• Like 2

Greetings fellow "Boomys"!

I´ve replied to BadWagons email, and well.. the image WILL be replaced soon , Not to worry! :)

Well the image that I found and used ain´t that good I know, but then again it is what I found and used.

And my skills in PS or similar is some what limited. Therefore I didn´t make a new one.

Anyway.. I´ve made my decision of the new image, and my decision is final.

Take care boys and girls! And no I´m not angry or offended or anything.. Just happy that the SIG are alive ,and have grown alot since I started it.

Regards

/Kenneth "Kenta78" Benjaminsson

• Like 3

Thanks so much Kenneth!

Man what a relief.

Thanks to everyone who helped me out with new info and the like.

• Like 2

NP!

Btw, I recently changed the picture.. no need to email me the image , as I found another way around ;) hehe..

//Kenneth

• Like 1

NP!

Btw, I recently changed the picture.. no need to email me the image , as I found another way around ;) hehe..

//Kenneth

Look at you using the right-click > save image as function. ;)

So happy I could give back. Thanks for being such a good guy!

• Like 1