Sign in to follow this  
wolfdogstinkus

Tamiya DT-02

Have all these parts dissapeared?, not seen any on the bay for a while now.

Have found some on google but where have they all gone?, I have broken 2 myself so for every DT-02 sold has everyone bought 2 "c" parts.

Maybe I have selected something on ebay and cant find them, but cant find any on ebay at all. :(

@Super Gripper, Yep, thats the part, I found a few through google but ebay has none?, might have to save some cash and get a few while I can.

Looks like they are discontinued, according to TamiyaUSA: http://www.tamiyausa...duct-id=0004253

@Champ85, I hope they haven't stopped production of this chassis,

After releasing so many models on this chassis, would they just stop making parts for it?

I get fed up with TUSA - they seem to state discontinued when they simply run out of stock.

Thanks Percymon, I am pretty sure I have checked worldwide on ebay and cant even see any of these coming from Japan.

There are two reference numbers for the DT-02 C-parts tree.

Old number: #0004253 (discontinued)

New number: #19005987 (still in production)

As Tamiya is still releasing new DT-02 chassis based cars since its introduction in 2005, I am sure this chassis type and its spare parts will be available for a long time.

However, my DT-02 front shock towers never broke... even after heavy use. How do you guys manage to do so? :)

I've got to mention, I never went for the friction dampers, but replaced them with CVA oil dampers right from the beginning. Does this may have an effect on the front shock tower strength?

Ahh sorry for not checking for a new part number. Thanks GregM.

I'm sure more parts will turn up.

DT-02 is used on too many popular models to be OOP.

I am using oil dampers, I have tried with a brace between the shock tower and also without, I am running brushless and lipo so that has a lot to do with it, one wrong move or pebble at 40mph and something is gonna break. :lol:

@GregM, I see,....thanks...It's the new number in my Sand Rover manual.