stu22

Don't buy from [ID REMOVED] on fleaBay

Changed the description with 3 hours left (at around noon when a buyer would be at work) to account for missing transmitter and battery cover leaving no time to review the change and cancel the bid.

Changed the description with 3 hours left (at around noon when a buyer would be at work) to account for missing transmitter and battery cover leaving no time to review the change and cancel the bid.

This is why these entries are moderated!

The item was listed and sold as 'Buy It Now' so whoever bought it failed to re-read the description before buying - hardly the seller's fault

According to eBay, kit was listed at 10:02 on Apr 1, edited for description and shipping terms by 10:10 same day and sold at 13:35 that day, giving the 'buyer' 3 hours to read the listing.

Don't sell to Buyer tu724 might be better advice :lol:

http://www.ebay.com/...=item338114174d

The seller's ID has been removed from the text in this topic so it doesn't show up in searches

Listing's revision history

tanklist3.jpg

Start time;

tanklist1.jpg

End time;

tanklist2.jpg

Done a bit more playing on eBay and their new layout makes it pretty clear that the tank was sold as 'Buy It Now', because proper bidding auctions still show the bid count on completed/sold listings

tanklist4.jpg

So, not only did the buyer 'Buy It Now' without fully reading the listing, they also left the seller negative feedback for doing nothing wrong, and then came and started this thread!

tanklist5.jpg

The only reason the seller "Changed the description with 3 hours left" was because Stu22 bought the tank 3 hours after it was listed.

Well it looks like I got ripped off. Won a Heng Long Walker Bulldog on fleaBay on 4/1, the problem is the seller changed the description with about 3 hours left to state the controller and battery cover are missing.

I haven't cracked the thing open yet to see what's in there but does anyone have any experience converting these things to use a different controller?

Don't know if this will make a difference but it is the smoke and sound version.

Nice sleuthing, TWINSET. If I'd left that feedback for a seller (though I wouldn't) and had all this explained to me, I'd be straight on ebay to remove it.

yeah it seems like pretty harsh feedback for something that didn't appear to be intentionally deceptive. even if i really have a problem with a seller i don't leave negative feedback before contacting them. and usually, for example, had the buyer contacted the seller to say he thought X,Y and Z were included but weren't the seller probably would have worked with him to give a discount or something - so long as it was a reasonable complaint. only if i've tried repeatedly to contact a seller via "other" subject and had no luck will i even send the seller a message under the subject "item not received" etc. this isn't quite negative feedback but i'm pretty sure ebay pays attention to these message types. only once did i send actual negative feedback and it was due to poor quality plastic printed material with adhesive on one side designed to decorate RC car bodies (wink wink) from a seller in thailand and the quality was terrible, the seller did nothing but fold up their account and start a new one. how do i know it's the same seller? because i am blocked from buying from them!

Harsh is an understatement - the seller did everything right - from the screenshots you can see any edits to the listing happened way before the tank was bought

There's no justification for that negative, it was all down to the buyer not reading (or re-reading) the write-up before hitting the BIN button.

The eBay notes on events is enough to see the seller wasn't in the slightest bit deceptive, let alone 'intentionally'.

TBH that negative feedback would instantly make me suspicious that the buyer was at fault anyway because as far as I know eBay does not allow a seller to revise a listing with 3 hours remaining. A seller can add information to a listing (at the bottom of the listing) but not revise the original wording.

I can understand the buyer being annoyed with themselves for not reading the listing properly before hitting the Buy It Now but to leave feedback like that AND come and start this thread with a total BS post is..well...I don't know the word.... vindictive? Spiteful?

With only one other feedback that seller's account has effectively been killed stone dead and they've done absolutely nothing wrong!

I can't see what the OP was hoping to gain from this thread - but I can see his eBay id ending up on a lot of member's blocked list as a result.

Everyone, I want to publicly apologize to the seller. I was completely wrong and went off half cocked and was not thinking.

I have contacted him and will do whatever it takes to make things right. This is my fault and I will take responsibility for my stupid actions.

• Like 7

This is my fault and I will take responsibility for my stupid actions.

Good for you, stu22.

Everyone, I want to publicly apologize to the seller. I was completely wrong and went off half cocked and was not thinking.

I have contacted him and will do whatever it takes to make things right. This is my fault and I will take responsibility for my stupid actions.

That's pretty good form in terms of a recovery considering your initial actions.

I hope the publicity of this thread wasn't what changed your mind and that something communicated via private message would have sufficed.

Top Bloke!

Takes a Man to admit he was wrong - Well done Stu