LeeMutz

Supposed to be a Lunchbox - Spot the problem..

OK, bought this off someone on another forum, as a LB/MP.. Now, I spotted the issue right away before buying it, but bought it anyway out of curiosity.. Has MB wheels and nobbly tyres which are cool enough..

Is this a REAL LB? It has Tamiya stamped parts, but see if you can spot the fundamental error lol Or has someone fitted a part from a diff Tamiya ??

E4865C69-69AD-4D58-81B7-57772351D2DC-1837-0000010EC00DCF17_zpse70959b7.jpg

D7669C7E-37A8-48CE-B291-402E7216692D-1837-0000010EB80C7710_zps1c25d6ca.jpg

D305E653-490C-4F17-A296-C5AF81A1DF36-1837-0000010E82496885_zps5b6fe9a9.jpg

2883918B-6FCE-4975-8A07-5689667F8A42-1837-0000010E7408DB9F_zps88854cad.jpg

Looks like a genuine LB/ MP to me. The problem is the gearbox is bolted straight to the chassis mounting points where you would normally have a 4mm rod to give a floating axle. What do I win ????? ;)

Nope, the problem is, look at the motor, spot anything wrong??

Looks to me like a LB/MP but previous owner has put motor on wrong side (it is possible) you can see the original step in on other side from photo of rear where motor is supposed to sit.

LOL! How can you bolt the motor cover and motor on the wrong sides? Hahahahaha. :lol: :lol:

It's missing the Lunchbox motor adapter plate too. And I dare say, the 10T long brass Lunchbox pinion.

Yes, that is the issue... I did wonder, thought it had a different gearbox on!! It must be because he didn't have the spacer for the motor then

Yeah, I bought it for my son for his birthday at the end of the month, who has since informed me he doesn't want it, kids hey!! Will be selling it for what I paid for it £25 plus P&P

Those tyres are Blitzer Beetle rears - in reasonable condition by the looks of them. You'd probably get £10 per set of two... might be worth splitting?

Reckon split and eBay the lot in bits? Good shout!

split the tyres off the rims? Or sell as a set?

Gold MB rims as aone lot

tyres sell off in pairs

motor another lot

leave the bulk of the lunchbox chassis intact

you could even sell off the shocks indiviaully as a fifth shock mod - i'll get me coat >>>>>>

Careful with postage costs they seem to have risen substantially in the course off week what was 5.70 a week ago first class was 8.50 today. It was even in the same packaging I weighed it in.

IT didn't take long to get them listed then ! ;) 

Nope.. He wants a new scooter instead lol

Boring !!

Although the 4 wheel multi axis 'carving' ones are pretty cool and really fast :D 

I don't think they are blitzer beetle tyres?, I don't remember my new ones having that much tread. No matter, just curious, do they have super gripper written on them?

Yep the pattern is the same but those have much more tread depth, the blitzer tyres last about 5mins with a silver can. ok maybe 10mins. :lol:

Maybe they're a difference compound too - might explain why they're in reasonable condition?

IF you do decide to sell it as parts, could I possibly buy the front shocks off you?

When I bought my Midnight Pumpkin, it was missing 1 front spring and the bottom mount for it, so I have had to use an odd spring that I had lying around the house (It's a different length and It's softer as well) and make up a bottom mount myself to make it usable, albeit not great, so It's not getting the use I would like to give it, due to the fact that with the odd front shock, It's awkward to control.

I have also had to 'strap' the front end down with an elastic band hooked around the 2 front body mounts and over the bonnet/hood through the mount holes, which allows the front end of the body to 'bounce' about when using it.

I am going to do the 'Tamiya Suggested - Pink & White' paint job (the 1 that was suggested in a thread I've posted up - http://www.tamiyaclu...19 - on it as soon as I can get it working properly and I can find the transfers at the 'Right Price'.

Aaron.