JWeston

58577 Nova Fox

Just console yourself with the fact that Australia really is a huge country and i have to drive for an hour to get to boondall to run, if i went to casso it's over 12 hours drive! So it'd be like crossing about 6 countries in europe LOL

Or a drive from Stockholm to Kiruna, Sweden ;)

58577_p.jpgdot_invisible.gifNova Fox
dot_invisible.gif
2WD buggy, Fox in the late 1980s, was popular alongside the hot shot is an appearance afresh. Inherits directly or monocoque frame with high dust resistance, such as four-wheel double wishbone suspension and mono shock type front, a basic configuration, change to dog bone type the drive shaft. Is enough attractive now polycarbonate body sharp like buggy.dot_invisible.gif● 1/10 Electric RC Car Series No.577
1/10RC NOVAFOX (fifty-eight thousand five hundred seventy-seven)
★ total length 425mm. ★ Equipped with ball bearings in the rear suspension around and sealed gear box inside. ★ It is a whole new marking, we also renewed package.
dot_invisible.gifJuly release
1 bale Quantity 4

58577_p.jpgdot_invisible.gifNova Fox

dot_invisible.gif

2WD buggy, Fox in the late 1980s, was popular alongside the hot shot is an appearance afresh. Inherits directly or monocoque frame with high dust resistance, such as four-wheel double wishbone suspension and mono shock type front, a basic configuration, change to dog bone type the drive shaft. Is enough attractive now polycarbonate body sharp like buggy.dot_invisible.gif● 1/10 Electric RC Car Series No.577

1/10RC NOVAFOX (fifty-eight thousand five hundred seventy-seven)

★ total length 425mm. ★ Equipped with ball bearings in the rear suspension around and sealed gear box inside. ★ It is a whole new marking, we also renewed package.

dot_invisible.gifJuly release

1 bale Quantity 4

Hi where is this info from.

Steve.

...we also renewed package.

Don't like the sound of that. Hope they just mean the name tag on the box art. I want original artwork & box size as per every other bona fide re-release.

• Like 1

Yeah im interested to all pics and boxart too - like everyone else.

Heres hoping it has everything that ended up being "hopped up" in the beginning in the kit. Would be nice to have it ready for sale in Australia in August for the September Vintage Festival. We may have to have a separate class if there are that many people already keen on pre-order lol.

Cheers

Don't like the sound of that. Hope they just mean the name tag on the box art. I want original artwork & box size as per every other bona fide re-release.

Yeah I'd be hoping that the Boxart doesnt change, although I wouldn't be surprised if the box was slightly smaller, minus blisters of course, a bit like the Hotshot, Wild One etc...

It is a whole new marking,

Sounds like there's no sponser decals to avoid copyright issues like on many of the other re-release kits as well.

change to dog bone type the drive shaft

That's a good thing! No more worn out hex shafts.

I can't see the hopup swaybar being part of the base kit, although it should be. Let's hope that at minimum it's made available again.

• Like 1

Hard to tell because that's an old picture I think.

because it shows resisters on there,

still trying to find it on Tamiya website.

where are you guys looking? Tamiya japan

Thanks Beef muffin, its hard to tell with such a small picture.

seems that the "1 bale Quantity 4" is really a mistranslation of a reference to a footnote. in this case...

"There is the case that is different from the product image. In addition, there is subject to change name of the product, prices, and specifications."

aka - the image shown is not a Nova Fox

"1 bale quantity 4", usually means the shipping box to distributors contains 4 kits, or that's what I've taken it to mean in the past. 1 bale seems around just the right amount to order :P

huh - well you might be right! i'm not familiar with that sort of thing... but i did notice that only maybe 2 of the kits listed had 4 instead of 6, and the other one with a 4 didn't seem to me to have anything else in common with the nova fox other than the possibility that they are both approximate pictures. but even if the 4 isn't a reference to that footnote it still seems that it would apply...

Wonder if they will be using the same Flaky paint for the wheels. Would be nice if they could supply an anodized set or, to lessen the cost, have a much more durable primer/paint application of the gold. Of course Im dreaming, but that would be the way to go...from the notes in the blurb on the site - doesnt seem like any change though.

Cheers

SWEET! here are some screen caps... all i can say is, hold onto those vintage decals fellas.

8743923522_08e58d4e2d_b.jpg

8743923528_da4d802272_b.jpg

8743923542_27ec8671ca_b.jpg

8743943842_aac29430b3_b.jpg

Looks good, doesn't it?

Front stabiliser is there?

C..

looks like a new, integrated version... goes under the body? hmm

luckily it looks like stabilizer just screws onto the two existing front screw points on the upper chassis... whew. so the chassis wasn't modified just for that! which also means the original style stabilizers should still work just fine. i guess they figured they're throw in a cheap freeby to help the baseline performance.

Sounds like there's no sponser decals to avoid copyright issues like on many of the other re-release kits as well.

That's a good thing! No more worn out hex shafts.

I can't see the hopup swaybar being part of the base kit, although it should be. Let's hope that at minimum it's made available again.

but they're going to have to pay royalties... FORWARD. ooohhhhh, snap.

Really don't like the 'NovaFox' instead of just 'Fox'. That's something they could have left alone surely. The word is so long it protrudes over the edge of the pattern. The rest of the sponser decals are here nor there.

Good thing I got a vintage decal set to run myself copies off from for the bits that do matter.

yeah - i totally agree. i mean... ****, even if they just made it FOX^2 (ie squared) that would have been way way better.

another odd thought crossed my mind, after seeing all the RTR BF3's on TC recently is how strange will it be to see RTR NovaFoxes all boxed up, pre-painted driver, etc...? very odd feeling i get from that!

What a beauty! I can understand the frustration of the hardcore enthusiasts with regards to the name change but I have to say I quite like it, although no doubt I would still have preferred the original name to have remained. Doesn't look like there is a way around it by chopping up the decals either.

Looks like they have done some thing to the steering

as that sits high in the 1st pic , I don't think it is the stabiliser

set . Will have to wait to get some clear pic's .

But it is looking good .