JWeston

58577 Nova Fox

no worries.

ya, It would be nice if all the boxes were just the same size for similar types of cars, so said my storage closet too.

• Like 1

Sad there arent blisters in the box, that is alot of the experience.

Quick tip.. Nova Fox swaybar. ... useless. Leave it off unless it's a shelfer.

Cheers

Cheers

Thought as much.

- J

Here is some interesting images from the Fox build: Either Tamiya was lying about having left over Fox parts, or they used some old tooling. Although the wheels are Wild Ones plated! Were they always the same in the original Foxes..I never checked when I first built mine.

gy8u.jpg

wye2.jpg

8rzg.jpg

cf6a.jpg

s56h.jpg

Cheers

• Like 1

wow that's cool! i wonder if the first batch of novafoxes will use the original numbering and © dates then eventually change over...?

as for the wheels they were always wild ones plated.

i can't wait till someone starts parting out these kits so i can pick up a few bits since i don't think i'll build my nova kit right away.

• Like 1

Here is some interesting images from the Fox build: Either Tamiya was lying about having left over Fox parts, or they used some old tooling. Although the wheels are Wild Ones plated! Were they always the same in the original Foxes..I never checked when I first built mine.

Now if yu look it has the ABS or PC on it & that is new & have to by law . So it can be recycled or some thing like that .

Just remember you can do 3D scanning etc these days , so all they had to do is pull out a NIB fox kit & scan the parts .

The wheels were the same & you will see on the parts trees etc .

I have looked at one of my fox chassis & it don't have made in japan or any markings ... ?

Now if yu look it has the ABS or PC on it & that is new & have to by law . So it can be recycled or some thing like that .

Just remember you can do 3D scanning etc these days , so all they had to do is pull out a NIB fox kit & scan the parts .

The wheels were the same & you will see on the parts trees etc .

I have looked at one of my fox chassis & it don't have made in japan or any markings ... ?

While it is possible that Tamiya 3D scanned a NIB Fox to create the re-re, I'd imagine that they simply reworked the original tooling where possible. Far more cost-effective than recreating tooling from scratch, considering the size, complexity and cost of moulds used in injection moulding.

Cheers

I'm glad I just scored a second NIP original swaybar/stabalizer kit. One for my original fox runner and one for my nova fox.

Steve.

+1, I'm sure Tamiya just pulled out the original plastic parts moulding tooling and put it back into service again. I very much doubt 3D scanning the original plastic parts was involved, as this would have requred a lot of clean-up of the scans to make sure all the small details are correct (moulded logos and numbers) and to correct any accuracy losses in the scanning process and to correct fit tolerances, then a lot of expense constructing new tooling. Not impossible, just more cost.

Original Fox wheels were always from the same mould as the Wild One wheels, just with the gold plating.

- James

Just got mine today.

To my surprise the Nova Fox is made in Japan not the Philippines . The quality is very good indeed.

• Like 1

ame="matman" post="501375" timestamp="1374753934"]

While it is possible that Tamiya 3D scanned a NIB Fox to create the re-re, I'd imagine that they simply reworked the original tooling where possible. Far more cost-effective than recreating tooling from scratch, considering the size, complexity and cost of moulds used in injection moulding.

Not if they didn't have the tooling as they were turfed out !! .

well, all the moulds have 1985 on them, so I doubt they went and made new moulds with old dates on them.

I just checked out the instructions and I see that the new Novafox uses the some horrible plastic counter gear and bevel gears in the diff by the looks of it,at least i know my Thorp gear should go straight in to prevent stripping gears :)

I was hoping for metal bevel gears at least to strengthen the diff up a bit, who knows maybe they will release a ball diff at some stage for it ?

In regards to the Fox wheels with Wild One markings, I have a NOS set that have RCC Wild One stamped on them and they came with Wild One hub adapters etc.

Has anyone seen any spares come onto the market yet ?? Either on Ebay or in RC stores ?

Has anyone seen any spares come onto the market yet ?? Either on Ebay or in RC stores ?

Yep , seen some gold rim's for sale & they had 4 set's . Good price as well .

Odd that they would put the old kit number on the parts, in the new format. Wouldn't the originals have just said "5851" or "RCC FOX" instead of "58051"? They didn't go back and add the 0 into the old kit numbers until they reached 58100.

I missed out. ;(

Stella did not get too many kits, they did not even get them up in the web store. I wish I had known they were taking pre orders.

They tell me they won't have any more for 1 to 2 months.

Sadness.

C..

I missed out. ;(

Stella did not get too many kits, they did not even get them up in the web store. I wish I had known they were taking pre orders.

They tell me they won't have any more for 1 to 2 months.

Sadness.

C..

I didn't pre-order, just kept my eyes on the site on the release date and as soon as it went green, ordered 1
  • Like 1

Yep that's how I got mine from Stella.I really thought they will last at least a few days but I was so glad I raced to my car during my dinner break ( checked stock status on my phone) and fired up my laptop to buy it. My next break they were sold out. Gee thats quick. 3 hrs flat. :(

My others are still in the post from r/c mart. Interesting that r/c mart has got a new shipment in and the price has gone up . Stella has taken their price down so I say the bargain price of $125 & $130 from mart are gone.

They are around $145 now from mart. Still a bargain I feel. :)

While this would be true, it's pretty clear by now from all the re-issued kits (both RC and static) that Tamiya keep all their tooling.

If they threw away the moulds, there's a chance another company could get a hold of them and start making copies. Tamiya pride themselves on the quality of their moulding technology, they would not want this to happen.

- James

WOW , Whats up with the steering servo idea ?. Are they trying to get way up front ?.

I have set it up the way it should have been , ( with out redrilling the holes where they used to be )

So it should work fine . Didn't like the foam idea they had done . :angry:

So i have put in the original servo horn setup , but used the new mounts .

IMG_0800_zpsc617aa18.jpg

Yeah I did the same thing.

Used old servo horn with current mounting points. Still its a crappy turning circle.

Cheers