JWeston

58577 Nova Fox

I found a youtube on the NovaFox dated May 2013. Apparently an interview withe the Fox"s designer. It's in Japanese. Can anyone translate it?

Just having a quick look at the manual (didn't get a chance to have a look thru the box last night) it looks like only the front wheels use the plastic bushings and the rest of the car has bearings is this correct?

Just having a quick look at the manual (didn't get a chance to have a look thru the box last night) it looks like only the front wheels use the plastic bushings and the rest of the car has bearings is this correct?

Yep & how tight is that Mr T .

Well this did start yesterday , but i have done the rest today & got the body to do :( .

I have the Thorp diff & spur gear , 'But' the dog bones are small & don't fit the thorp diff :( .

As there is way to much movement side too side etc . Have put on the original Fox

sway bar & put in the original steering setup . I will get give it a run & then pull out the thorp

diff & put in the original one sadly , But will use the original fox axle set up :D ... As dog bone

setups get chomped up to quickley here + i can put in anti wear grease .

Will have too take out a spacer IN the front shock ( as there are two ) . Since i have put

on the sway bar .

I was going to put this in what have you done today , But it maybe better here ?.

IMG_0801_zps41b7710c.jpg

IMG_0802_zpsc004a0a4.jpg

PS: Also like the boomerang, hotshot etc , The diff has the E-clip . So if you put in a ball diff etc , You will have to shim it .

As the bearing depth is different to the original , like the boomerang etc . As the old fox used the C-Clip & now the new one uses the E-clip . Please just remember that , as it may cost you $$ :( ..

Does anyone know the part number for this ?. The alloy part that the front stabiliser bar bolts too ?.
Need the left & right one .

HAHA you may need the pic's :D .

IMG_0147_zps08fd9220.jpg

IMG_0146_zpsdcf834ac.jpg

These are off my shelf queen , But i have an almost complete kit for my Nova Fox , Bar these two items , that i don't want to use these one's on a runner . Need to put them back on the shelfer . Thanks

I found a youtube on the NovaFox dated May 2013. Apparently an interview withe the Fox"s designer. It's in Japanese. Can anyone translate it?

It's mostly just talk about how good he made it by changing some things.

he mentions changing to dog bones, which makes it a lot smoother.

He mentions that with full bearings in the gearbox and rear, it can run for up to 30 mins on a battery. and although it has the normal motor, it feels quick.

He mentions the fitting of the sway bar to help control the front end, because of the mono-shock. He took the new version for a drive and felt that it wasn't perfect, so he tried a sway bar like the hot shot and personally felt it drove better.

then she says she doesn't know much about the old cars. and they ask about the Agrios.

She makes the boys feel good about themselves by pretending not to understand the technology behind the frame of the agrios, so they can explain it to her.

• Like 2

Many thanks for your translation and summary.

• Like 1

OK, guys, I tried to do a search but came up empty.

What are the most common parts that break on the (Nova)Fox?

In other words, what are recommended spares to have? I mean besides the standard gears and dogbones (no more hex drive!).

Glad I can kill a large thread with a question like that. :rolleyes: Still looking for spares suggestions.

In other news, those if us that pre-ordered the Novafox from Tower don't have much longer to wait. Stock status says "Early August" (was "Late August").

Assuming the Nova has the same weaknesses as it's predecessor, I would have to say all the arms are weak points, but especially the lower ones, front and rear. At least one set of F and R parts would be a good idea.

I also had the front bulkhead plates give me some trouble whenever I hit something hard enough. They are the C Parts.

Over tightening the chassis top screws will destroy both the upper and lower chassis pieces as well!

C..

• Like 1

Hey all - I FINALLY got my NovaFox kit and I was finally able to confirm my hunch that Tamiya would be supplying one of the silver-can motors with the longer wires/leads the same as those from the Super Clod etc.

Not that this is much news for most of you who have had their kits for ages now... but I was still curious!

ALSO I was very happy to see that the decals come with precut masking for the windows. Which I find super helpful and will be using on a NovaFox body I'm finishing with vintage decals.

Not sure whether I plan to build the Nova or not. I have a runner Fox and now that spares are so easily available I may just run that. Hmmm...

Hi all I just finished my Nova Fox build (a bit behind everyone else I know lol). I don't know if I've done something wrong in the build but there is a major see saw effect in the front suspension. The swaybar cures it but I was just wondering if this was common.

Steve.

Hi all I just finished my Nova Fox build (a bit behind everyone else I know lol). I don't know if I've done something wrong in the build but there is a major see saw effect in the front suspension. The swaybar cures it but I was just wondering if this was common.

Steve.

This is why you needed the swaybar & this is what the fox is all about .

They had it from the start & this is why the swaybar was the hop up in the day ,

sort of .

So you have done nothing wrong , it's the fox trade mark :P ..

SPEARS!? that's downright medieval. :blink:

Well i feel old enough :P .. :lol:

It is a better runner than the original.

Steve.

No different . Both the same car , with all it's quirks .

No different . Both the same car , with all it's quirks .

The Nova Fox seems to have a better turning circle compared to the original.

Yep the Nova has better steering throw due to the repositioning of the steering servo.

It's not much but it helps alot.