JWeston

58577 Nova Fox

i posted the image here before but it got muddled somehow. here it is again:

8661979137_662e54f3cc.jpg

Definitely a pic of the original, but no fear, means a true re-re without doubt, excited somewhat :)

• Like 2

Yes agreed, and since the Fox is a one-off chassis being re-released I think the BIGWIG is a dead cert for an anniversary special etc. at some point if not just yet.

would love to see a re-re bigwig too! although i wonder if they'd potentially have some additional hurdles with licensing of the "moon craft" name.

• Like 1

All I can think about is the new drive shaft rear end and cheap gears and spares :)

oh and the fact that I will be adding a fourth Fox to my collection when its released

• Like 1

Wow. I'm just learning about the Fox re-release.

For the last three weeks I've seen an unusual quantity of Fox buggies and parts for sale in secondhand markets (namely eBay) so that shows some people already knew about Tamiya re-releasing it.

Would you guys consider that a sign of official information leaking?

Myself, I'm not particularly excited about this model, but I'm very happy for the (many) Fox fans among us!

• Like 1

Wow. I'm just learning about the Fox re-release.

For the last three weeks I've seen an unusual quantity of Fox buggies and parts for sale in secondhand markets (namely eBay) so that shows some people already knew about Tamiya re-releasing it.

Would you guys consider that a sign of official information leaking?

Myself, I'm not particularly excited about this model, but I'm very happy for the (many) Fox fans among us!

No!! , As i have seen blackfoots pour in & other cars of late . I'm sure the ones that keeped them just for

the money , Now know that they can no longer , As a re re can come anytime & kill it .

So only the true collectors will keep them . I did see $999. NIB fox & it went on sale for $799. after

the re re news of the fox .

I think people will poor the fox's on the market soon , more than we have seen . NIB , shelf queens

will be coming , As the sellers find out about the re re & sell it .

So NOW i will cash in & hope to get a NIB The Fox vintage woohoo . Not for some mega $$$ price .

So happy , about this & the re re .

• Like 3

Wow! Fox re-release! Fantastic.

Knew it would be re-issused eventually, but no indication it was in the works judging by eBay. Never saw this coming. I've been scouring eBay for the past year or more trying to pick up a lot with nice kit box. If anything, while there are usually one or two complete used cars, Fox spare parts have completely dried up on eBay. Decals, body, rear arms, wheels and chassis parts all near impossible to see. One seller selling gear sets and F parts sets for $55 each. Bodysets were fetching over $100 when they did appear. Decals alone went for about $60. One bodyset appeared with a low BIN for about $70, it was snapped up in no time.

Anyone have a nice Fox kit box they are willing to part with? :P

- James

• Like 1

Yes agreed, and since the Fox is a one-off chassis being re-released I think the BIGWIG is a dead cert for an anniversary special etc. at some point if not just yet.

Maybe in 3 years time. A 30th anniversary special, celebrating the 10th anniversary special. :D

I wonder if the Fox was actually released in Japan as the Nova during the '80s?

Shizuoka starts on the 16th so just under 4 weeks of more speculating. I love it that the info gets leaked early but the month long wait for the actual show to start so we can see the finished car is always a killer, lol.

• Like 1

Wow! Fox re-release! Fantastic.

Knew it would be re-issused eventually, but no indication it was in the works judging by eBay. Never saw this coming. I've been scouring eBay for the past year or more trying to pick up a lot with nice kit box. If anything, while there are usually one or two complete used cars, Fox spare parts have completely dried up on eBay. Decals, body, rear arms, wheels and chassis parts all near impossible to see. One seller selling gear sets and F parts sets for $55 each. Bodysets were fetching over $100 when they did appear. Decals alone went for about $60. One bodyset appeared with a low BIN for about $70, it was snapped up in no time.

Anyone have a nice Fox kit box they are willing to part with? :P

- James

Yes I have a Fox box (2 actually, so I'd let one go) if ya want one. I'm gonna have one of them matted and framed. Love that box art. I saw the $70 body and while I considered it, it sold, which made my choice for me.

Some guy down under is really proud of his fox parts ($55 a gear set what!?!?!? Nope.) but I guess if its the last piece if the puzzle, someone will pay it. Not me though.

No!! , As i have seen blackfoots pour in & other cars of late . I'm sure the ones that keeped them just for

the money , Now know that they can no longer , As a re re can come anytime & kill it .

So only the true collectors will keep them . I did see $999. NIB fox & it went on sale for $799. after

the re re news of the fox .

I think people will poor the fox's on the market soon , more than we have seen . NIB , shelf queens

will be coming , As the sellers find out about the re re & sell it .

So NOW i will cash in & hope to get a NIB The Fox vintage woohoo . Not for some mega $$$ price .

So happy , about this & the re re .

Yeah bud I think you're on point here. ^^

That guy with the NIB Fox has had that kit up for over a year now. He floats the price lower about once a month, then it's back up to $999 next time around. I monitor the fox parts on eBay, and I've seen more and more cars on as if late, nothing spectacular, but a lot of cars. Some meh part offerings, but the parts that most runners need (rear arms, drive hubs, gear sets) have been noticeably absent. Lots of poo on the bay.

I'm hoping some nice, hopped up Fox examples go up on ebay when the re re hits the shelves. We'll see what shakes out.

I'm trying to decide if I wanna sell one of my vintage foxes, and perhaps some of the hop ups I'm not using that I've accumulated. We'll see.

I am so stoked about reasonable spare parts. Man I can't wait.

I was telling my friends about 2-3 weeks ago that a fox rere must be coming. From my checking of ebay, the number of foxes that popped up over the last month seemed out of the ordinary. A lot of shelfers and runners. I think someone must have let the cat out of the bag

Maybe in 3 years time. A 30th anniversary special, celebrating the 10th anniversary special. :D

Bring on the BigWig! Anything that came standard with a Technigold DESERVES a re-release! :)

• Like 1

I've never personally cared for the Fox (it was at the end of its life cycle as I was getting into Tamiya as a boy) but as with most re-re's it's really spiking my interest now...I think I'll be adding one to the collection!

Some guy down under is really proud of his fox parts ($55 a gear set what!?!?!? Nope.) but I guess if its the last piece if the puzzle, someone will pay it. Not me though.

^^ Some of us have , we have NEVER see fox gears on the bay NIP & that is not a bad price

for some thing that is very hard to fine . I have got front arms of him as well . I think he also

said that he is a TC member . Not a bad bloke .

I'm trying to decide if I wanna sell one of my vintage foxes, and perhaps some of the hop ups I'm not using that I've accumulated. We'll see.

I am so stoked about reasonable spare parts. Man I can't wait.

Now my Ears perked up :P hop up's you say ?.

You may sell you say ?. What ya got ? , I'm interested in buying if your interested in selling :D .

Now that the fox is out , WooHoo . I wonder if anyone will bring/make hop up's ? .

Like RC Channel & some Evil bay shops & what would they make ?. Gold alloy Rims :) .

I was telling my friends about 2-3 weeks ago that a fox rere must be coming. From my checking of ebay, the number of foxes that popped up over the last month seemed out of the ordinary. A lot of shelfers and runners. I think someone must have let the cat out of the bag

So if this is the case , We should of had Blackfoot by now & super champ as there was a run of them & i don't see any of them at all . 959 parts had perked up over the last few months .

They seem to come in streams + alot of sellers are aware of times of the year Mr T brings out

stuff . It's a game for the sellers now , Like the stock market :lol: . Not knowing when to sell etc .

Or what Mr T is going to Bring .

I have also seen alot egress on the bay of late & one guy didn't want to sell & pulled out .

The price was not there he wanted ( it would have gone up ) . As i wanted a runner Egress .

So i hope one comes out & that screws him for price :D , ( As i wanted it ) :lol: .

what would they make ?. Gold alloy Rims :) .

There's been several runs of them over the last few years. I wasn't fussed on the gold anodizing, so grabbed a silver 7075 alloy set and hit them with Tamiya clear yellow. Looks just like the real thing, but no centre crackouts or flaking gold plate.

• Like 2

Now my Ears perked up :P hop up's you say ?.

You may sell you say ?. What ya got ? , I'm interested in buying if your interested in selling :D .

Now that the fox is out , WooHoo . I wonder if anyone will bring/make hop up's ? .

Like RC Channel & some Evil bay shops & what would they make ?. Gold alloy Rims :) .

Oh yeah, I've got some goodies stashed away. I actually picked up a fox on eBay today just because of the hop ups. Wasn't even listed as a fox. :D aftermarket rear arms, front sway and a few other items I needed.

I've finally organized my parts and have an idea for what Ive got. Soooo....

I'm gonna thin the herd and parts stash here soon as I have a car I've been wanting I'm gonna scoop up.

If you're in need of a specific part just shoot me a PM. There's a decent chance I have it.

Yes I have a Fox box (2 actually, so I'd let one go) if ya want one.

Yes please, if it's in nice condition with the divider! I have all the blisters, body parts etc for a NIB, but no box to put it in! You have a PM...

I saw the $70 body and while I considered it, it sold, which made my choice for me.

LOL! I had the same experience!

Yeah and that guy trying to get $999 for that MIB Fox on eBay has run out of time. If they had asked a more reasonable sum like $500-$600 it probably would have sold, not much chance of that now for the time being. It looks like the motor in it isn't correct either, it's a newer one with recessed endbell and the Mabuchi decal on it, which says to me that the original kit might have been raided for parts at some point, and the blister will likely be damaged.

- James

I didn't see a PM from ya so I sent you one. :)

I am so excited about the Nova Fox, I keep thinking about it. It can't get here soon enough.

• Like 1

There are many of us at the moment that are like children on the run up to Christmas. July can't come quick enough for me, what a way to celebrate my birthday buy, build and then run a re re fox lol.

Steve.

• Like 2

Badwagon pretty neat ! After reading that how Tamiya is boasting how good the fox is ....just how did it fair on the track racing against other 2WD buggies in it's time era? would be awesome if there was some racing footage of foxes racing other 2wd's back then!

I've had good and bad experiences racing my Fox since 87.

In the good times, where the RC10s and the Ultima Turbos were turning 17 laps in a 5 minute heat, I, and another Fox owner who started when I did, were pulling 16 average in 540 2WD at the old HEORCC club. The bad times were restricted by spur gear and half shaft failure. The spur gear was my fault, I believe. The Fox was my first build and I seem to had missed the e clips that held the side gears to the diff joints. This allowed the diff to rock out of mesh with the spur. Found that out when I did my first restoration in the mid 90s.

Now vintage racing has taken off, it still is a good performer. In the pre-89 class, it is still showing that it is easily the superior Tamiya 2WD pre Astute.

There it is, carrying the front wheels off the line at Castle Hill last year.

fox2_zps1f595331.jpg

Gets a bit wet there at times....

IMG_8622_zps21bb8a18.jpg

IMG_8602_zps0db6c3b9.jpg

• Like 4