Sign in to follow this  
madbad jezza

RM Tornado mk3

Phew!, its been a while since ive logged in to tamiyaclub!. My interest has been re sparked again after buying a small job lot of RC items and finding a very tidy and complete RM Tornado included in the job lot.

My query is, is this car a desirable/rare/collectable tamiya and worth restoring or is it viewed in the same light as a grasshopper and not worth throwing a bucket load of cash at?

Any info is gratefully appreciated.

cheers,

james.

It's from the first 50, so it's definitely collectable. Not sure about desirable or rare, although I've often fancied getting hold of one of the RM series of cars...

Yeah, i like 12th scale pan cars anyway, so if it fell into the grasshopper catagory then i wouldnt be too fussed. But we all know how restorations go....and before you know it you've spent more than the price of a nib kit!.

It has got some nice touches to it though - and some crude ones!.

Ah well....we'll see what happens....

The servo saver and side or front bumpers tend to be the hardest to find for that era. The speed control comes up for sale occasionally but if it's all there the battle is pretty easy. Almost forgot about tires and wheels. The tires are next to impossible to find in good shape so if yours are good you've got a very rare find.

The Tornado is rare but not much sought after. I'd say only a few people collect this model. Although I'd count me to those few who collect it, or would like to have it. Still I am on the search for a Tornado.