Sign in to follow this  
baldmanrox

Anyone ever have problems with Pargu's store?

Hey guys. I was wondering if any of you have ever ordered directly from Pargu's store - NOT through that auction site. I placed a few orders with him and it took a couple weeks for him to send out the package. He apparently combined orders into one box and shipped what he had in stock (even though everything I ordered was listed as being in stock). Be backordered a total of four items and told me they would be "shipping soon". A couple of weeks went by and I contacted him again. Same thing - "shipping soon". Again I contacted him. He then gave me a shipping date of April 15th. It is now April 25th and I still don't have shipping confirmation and he will no longer answer my emails. I don't know what happened with this guy. He used to be great to deal with. Seems not any more. If you're going to order from him, stick to what he lists on the auction site. Looks like I got shafted. Hopefully none of you will..........

Oh - the oldest order is 2 months old.

I really needed those parts, too :( ..........

Plus, I'm out 120 USD :angry: .......

Sorry for the rambling and borderline incoherence. I'm so mad right now.

I had similar problems with him, ordered the parts,RC 10 wheels, and heard nothing tried the site and e-mails but no reply.

Ended up opening a paypal dispute and after that communication was good but it did go right down to the wire with timings on paypal.

I think he only produces the parts when he has enough for a run which is fair enough but this should be communicated.

The parts are of excellent quality but the experience this painful.

Hope yours goes well.

Rich

Thanks Rich. I am past the dispute date with Paypal, unfortunately. However - any time I make a purchase from a vendor overseas I use my credit card. My credit card gives me 120 days to dispute a charge. I have all of the documentation needed to file one - including emails from him detailing specifically what parts he still hasn't sent me. I'm pretty confident that I'll either get my parts or my money. I'm just miffed over this whole ordeal. It's a TERRIBLE way to do business - which is a shame because he does make nice quality products.

I think what makes me most angry is that he has stated that he considers me "one of his best customers". I have spent a total of about 1500.00 USD with him over the past few years and this is how I'm treated? It's absolutely HORRIBLE at BEST.

Bought a NIB body set from him, never arrived' said shipping would take six to eight weeks, lost my money as by this time I was past the paypal refund dispute window!

@THEWILD1: That's terrible. That's why I pay by credit card through Paypal. That way I have 2 options.

I've only bought off the guy twice, and both times took over a month to arrive (even though they're coming from the otherside of the world). I expressed an interest in having an alloy front bulhead for the astute he did but no responce.

I've only bought off the guy twice, and both times took over a month to arrive

Which is my OTHER problem. At the end of June / early July I will be moving halfway across the country. We sold our house already and are leaving New Jersey when the kids are done with school.

The window of time is slowly closing..........

Recently bought some Optima Mid wheels directly on the side, and communication was less to none. I was told on the forum on rc10.com that his english was very limited.

I finally got through to him via his Ebay page, and after 1½ month I received the wheels in Denmark.

I am not impressed with the service, but the wheels are really great.

This topic comes up once in a while here.

Pargu has always been extremely slow at shipping. I've had orders take 4+ months to get to me. Very irritating, but it is what I expect from him. His English is very limited, and he can get confused sometimes in email discussions. I think he translates the English you send him into Korean using translate.google.com or similar and sometimes it doesn't do a perfect job. For example, one time he forgot to include an item in one of my orders and I sent him an email saying the item was missing. He got confused and thought I received the item, so I had to create a simpler English sentence that said "I did not receive the item", which apparently translated better into Korean and he immediately mailed the missing part.

Over the years I have come to understand that he is not trying to scam anyone, but the language barrier is tough and his communication is not good at all (probably because of the language problem).

He makes a good product, but isn't truthful/forthcoming about shipping delays. In the past I have asked for, and received, a Paypal refund for an order that was like 5+ months old.

I think that the communication problems are part (or all) of the reason why he discontinued his old eBay ID and created a new account. Too many feedbacks were complaining about slow shipping and poor communication. Unfortunately, this is still the case.

Edited to add:

If you want Pargu to make you a new part, send him an email and include a picture of the part you want made, or a picture of a CAD drawing of it. If he doesn't respond, try again in a month or two. I did this exact thing a couple years ago. I asked him if he could make a black anodized aluminum radio tray for the Kyosho Assault. He didn't respond the first time I asked, but after the second time he said "i have upper deck for assault. make for you soon." and sure enough a few months later he added it to his store. I immediately bought one, of course, and thanked him for making the part. Later, I bought a second one. So, the Kyosho Assault radio tray is in his store because I asked for it.

By the way, his first name is Cho.

I can echo others experience. Amazing parts, crazy delays and poor communication due to his English and my Korean.

That said I think Champ85 called it right. Cho intentions are good.

Just email him every day in very plain english or find a friend who can translate into Korean for you :)

James.