Sign in to follow this  
94grasshopper

kyosho ultima rb

hello! i have a kyosho ultima rb, the plastic gears on the engine and the gear it connects to have rounded of after the engine moved away from it. were can i get the right metal gears to fit?

thanks

kyle

google search and see if anyone has them ,not sure which rb you have but, if its quite an old car after market hop ups will be fairly thin on the ground , kyosho plastic gears are quite robust, check the gear mesh and thread lock the motor mounts and make sure the motor doesnt get too lean or the clutch bell pinion will get too hot and melt the spur gear teeth , its a common problem as a lot of guys think you just add fuel and go when actually the first tank is for getting the lean correct with the carb needles and this must be done every time you take it out as the barometric air pressure changes from day to day so what was fine one day is not fine the next.

good luck with the hunt for metal gears.

I do believe there was one available at one time as an aftermarket. The Stinger I have, had one when it got here and it's not supposed to. The person I got it from mentioned it was a hop up a long time ago so it stands to reason there are more out there.