Sign in to follow this  
BigSteve

Re Re Hornet

Hi all practically what is the most powerfull motor that can be fitted into a re re hornet. Mine has bulk standard suspension all round and std kit gearing.

Many thanks Steve.

I have a black can sport tuned in one of mine, and a dirt tuned in the other. Both propel the car to the limits of controllability with stock suspension. The gearbox can handle a lot more though, so if drag races are your thing and you aren't bothered with cornering at speed, the sky is pretty much the limit.

Strength wise, I have a MambaMax 4600Kv in mine and it's my most used car and been running it for almost 3 years.

Practical wise, the kit 540 is enough power to make it hard to control with the standard bounce (I won't call it suspension). It's only a light buggy, so anything you put in it will make it go quite fast, even a Sport Tuned blackcan motor.

Gearing options are... none! The kit pinion size (but use a steel 32dp one), or for extreme motors you can fit the Lunchbox's motor adapter and use the Lunchbox's long brass 10 tooth pinion (What I have in mine).

Strength wise, I have a MambaMax 4600Kv in mine and it's my most used car and been running it for almost 3 years.

Practical wise, the kit 540 is enough power to make it hard to control with the standard bounce (I won't call it suspension). It's only a light buggy, so anything you put in it will make it go quite fast, even a Sport Tuned blackcan motor.

Gearing options are... none! The kit pinion size (but use a steel 32dp one), or for extreme motors you can fit the Lunchbox's motor adapter and use the Lunchbox's long brass 10 tooth pinion (What I have in mine).

that's some great info right there.

Thanks Mark!

I am actually going to try a slower motor in mine - something like a 35t. I want to maintain some speed but on the surfaces I run on (bmx track gravel / dirt track), it spins out too easily even with the stock can so I spend most time at about 2/3 throttle anyway!

The pants suspension makes it nearly impossible to get any real power down on any surface except maybe short grass!!

Rich

I am actually going to try a slower motor in mine - something like a 35t. I want to maintain some speed but on the surfaces I run on (bmx track gravel / dirt track), it spins out too easily even with the stock can so I spend most time at about 2/3 throttle anyway!

The pants suspension makes it nearly impossible to get any real power down on any surface except maybe short grass!!

Spoken like a champ... well almost!.. there is some folk somewhere that like to enjoy the hornet as it was intended for by running an easy motor to enjoy the handling characteristics of what the hornet was made for, putting a high output motor in a hornet is a waste of time & money buying tires flogging the guts out of it.. get the old glass filled grey differential kit plus a sport tuned motor & enjoy it, what it was made for. :) just my 5 cents..