mheald

TXT-2 Agrios - Video coverage

Just found this video on YouTube with some great video coverage (at the Grand Prix of Long Beach) of the new TXT-2 Agrios. The truck is only in a display case but you get some nice insights into some of the finer details of the truck.

You need to fast forward to 7:30 to get to the right bit...

I've got mine pre-ordered with Fusion with an estimate dispatch date of May 10th...can't wait!

Enjoy.

Mike.

Some interesting tidbits from the Agrios segment...

Wheels are modified versions of those from the Wild Commando. This is a model I'd never heard of: http://www.tamiya.com/english/products/43503wild/

Tires are from the TNX: http://www.tamiya.com/english/products/43508tnx/

Kit includes the parts for the cantilever shock setup if so desired to make it like a TXT-1, at least that's what they say on the video.

So that makes some sense; it's not like they tooled up some new wheels and tires for this model. Personally I'd be perfectly happy if they supplied the kit with TXT-1 wheels and tires (same as Clodbuster) instead.

With you on the wheels/tires but I get the feeling that this was a cost saving move as the sheer amount of rubber on the TXT-1 tires is probably twice as much as on these. Cheeky blighters ;)

Ooooh more footage of the beast in action, this time from the SHIZUOKA Hobby Show! Looks sweet, I cant wait to start my build!!

Just one thing... the cantilever parts are included, but if you use them without a sway bar the truck will be very floppy....