Sign in to follow this  
njmlondon

Short springs on TA03 dampers...

I have the TA03 low friction dampers and have bought the short spring set which apparently goes on them... only problem is they are so short that I have had to use two of the big spacers on each damper. This surely must be wrong - I have not completed the car yet so have not driven it, and the dampers certainly feel fine, but it just does not make sense.

Anybody got any thoughts???

Hey well since you have the shorts springs you will have to use more spaces on each shock so that i will be equal with the damper retainers on the bottom of the shock.But i suggest you go with different springs if it doesn't work our right.Thanks

He njmlondon,

The Short springs are made for the CVA extra mini shock units wich will fit the M03/M03L chassis.

If i where you i would buy the onroad tuned springset #53163 or the Onroad Tuned springset Hard #53440.

These will fit perfect on the TA03 Low friction dampers and you dont have to use as much spacers.

-Whacky.

You can also place some internal limiters on the shaft, say 3 or 4 black o-rings. This will limit the shock downward travel and allow useage of the shorter springs without all the external spacers to take up the slack. This is the way I have my M03 Mini Cooper set up with the TA03 low friction dampers.