y2blade

Remote controlled car stolen from 14year old outside school

http://www.wiltshire.police.uk/index.php/newsand-appeals/44-appeals/4764

Shortly before 6: 00pm on Monday 29th April 2013, a 14 year old boy was playing with his remote controlled car outside of Priestly School, Prince Charles Drive in Calne.

Three boys approached him, picked up the car and ran off in the direction of Abberd Way. The victim was left shaken and upset.

The remote controlled car is a black Hyper 10 Nitro Touring car with an illuminous green aerial and a black tip. It is valued at approximately £300.

The three boys are described as white, aged 18-21 years, of average build and were wearing dark jackets. One had long hair which was plaited and tied back, another had a mohican hair style and the third had short blonde hair.

Anyone with information regarding this incident or the location of the remote controlled car is asked to contact PC Steve Martin on 101.

Alternatively contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

What is the world coming to, I bet they'll get £40 for it down the local boozer!

Sickening.

Does anyone mark their cars?, just a thought after reading this, had a car picked up myself, it was in a car park at a festival and the thieves disapeared in the crowd.

Hope the kid gets his car back and they catch the people who did it.

Doesn't surprise me at all. One 14-yr old against three 18-21 yr old punks? No contest.

I grew up in a big city and got taught early on to lock the house, lock the car, keep things out of sight, and have some way to enforce ownership if you have nice things.

There's no reasoning with evil.

Can we all keep our eyes open for this poping up on ebay ect ? These Scum Bags need to be caught .

I'm often on Ebay looking at RC goods, so will definitely keep an eye out.

On a related matter, it is a good idea to mark one's cars in case this happens to you. It is a good idea to put the mark somewhere where it can only be seen if the car is partially disassembled, as the thieves will be less likely to notice the mark and try to remove it.

Very sad to see this,but have been close to being victim of this when out with my RC,for this reason i mainly only run at an RC track or well out of the way.

Also,it is the noise of nitro or petrol atracts kids,so i mainly only run ev`s now.

Hope he gets it back.

That is day light robbery. Reported to the police? They would likely know who the local touble makers are. Would the victim recognize these individuals again, which would solve the crime. Sad to hear..

That is day light robbery. Reported to the police? They would likely know who the local touble makers are. Would the victim recognize these individuals again, which would solve the crime. Sad to hear..

The sad thing is though is that our police are so over stretched and under funded that they more than likely won't spend any time investigating this .

Can anyone that uses other forums please copy and paste. Probably been done all ready?

I've posted it on the two UK based RC forums that I use...please feel free to post it anywhere.

Go to the local high school and flip through the year books should id these out laws and bring them to a hanging judge...well maybe not to that extend as we are in the 21st century. Are the local hoodlums.

That's poor, it is something that has always concerned me, especially when I used to take my £1000+ savage out.

I wonder if we will be seeing trackers put in R/Cs!!

I hate to wake up to read news like these.

Those three punks would look real fine on some electric chair!

Someone should come up with a way to install and subsequently detonate those ink canisters they use to ruin money in bank robberies - from the Tx. It would mark them for authorities and if it went off with a sufficiently loud bang, might startle the thief into dropping the car.

Someone should come up with a way to install and subsequently detonate those ink canisters they use to ruin money in bank robberies - from the Tx. It would mark them for authorities and if it went off with a sufficiently loud bang, might startle the thief into dropping the car.

It's called C-4, but I'm pretty sure you'd get in trouble for using it. :lol:

One thing is for sure: the thief wouldn't do it twice.

Crossed lipo wires might make them think twice, kind of a time delayed bomb.

That's rough. :( My older brother hate a similar thing at that age, saved up his pennies for an expensive Vision skateboard and only had it a couple of days. was skating in a school and a few older thugs took it from him, nothing he could do, he was gutted. Hope he gets it back, and the three get whats going for them.