Toykid

RC10 original gold pan re-release - RCCA july 2013

Anyone checked the inside cover of RCCA july 2013?

Double page spread of original RC10 advert, no other info on page. It has been rumoured and petitioned for on other forums.

Is this just an expensive tease or will they follow through?

James.

I've just downloaded the issue, wow I really hope this is true. I know nothing about Associated's culture but why else would a company do such a thing? I have wanted one of these for ages and to get the NIB experience would be fantastic.

This rumor has been going on for the past 2 yrs.

Would be cool but I don't want one that bad especially if it retains it's original price tag <_<

Almost picked one up last week mib..... glad I passed. Any way to post a pic of spread ??

It's this photo over a two page spread, simply with the words "Team Associated RC10" in the top right corner.

dddd_zps4d09f775.jpg

Very promising IMO, why else would they do such a thing if they were not planning a re-release?

That would indeed be good news... but only if they do it right. White nylon, short arms, 6-gear transmission, jellybean wheels... and made in California, not China. Otherwise, no thanks.

• Like 1

i think it would have to be made in the far east if they are going to re re it , to make it in america i think the RRP would be around $800 , i wouldnt be interested at that price and if it is going to be a LTD ED without spares back up for many years then its a big no no, i do really really want one but only if i can thrash the butt off it ,

then again they may be using the image to promote the brand as its a famous car that changed the game .

I remember reading that most of the original molds are gone, which is why it have never been re-released. It would be interesting if they made some new ones to release this.

There was no other information other than the photo I posted above. No wording whatsoever except for the "Team Associated RC10" in the top corner. Here's a photo from the digital issue on the iPad...ii_zps77704a09.jpg

• Like 1

Hmm, this is interesting, I would definately consider one of these

I always wanted an RC10. Almost bought a basket case from a kid who found an old chassis in the woods, but the chassis was trashed and almost nothing was usable.

I'd pick one up as long as the price is right.

I'm excited if this is the case. Would love a third build of this icon and to be able to keep it!!

Sorry for being a boring dude, but there is a tread called other makers:

http://www.tamiyaclu...hp?showforum=22

This is for Tamiya Re-re's...

Badboy

Sorry for being a boring detail oriented dude, but the thread title is Re-Release Discussions, not Tamiya Re-Release Discussions. :P

I'd wanted one since I first seen it in RCCA in 1986. Out of my price range now unless it gets a re-release.

I took this photo of the original advert of the well read 1986 magazine. Notice the big tick. I ticked all the models in there I wanted. Nearly all of them! :lol:

AE_RC10_RCCA_Fall_1986_Advert.jpg

• Like 1

Ha Ha ! I used to dog ear the pages in hopes someone would see it and buy it out of kindness in my family .... Never worked ...