Toykid

RC10 original gold pan re-release - RCCA july 2013

I'll probably pick one up, buuuuut... I recently grabbed one of the Associated RC18 T2/B2 Team kits that you can build as a truck or buggy. No idea what to expect, as this was my first kit from this company, and wow... :blink:

The manual and documentation sucks. Tamiya clearly spends actual money making decent, useful construction guides. It's so laughable, its not even a comparison. And I thought Kyosho manuals needed improvement. :lol:

I always wanted an RC10.

I'd pick one up as long as the price is right.

I 2nd that. I remember several years back i was looking for alternative besides Tamiya and came across it only to learn no longer in production.

• Like 1

Anyone read anything about this elsewhere? Just wondering if there is any additional info.

There's a lively topic about it over on RC10Talk.com, started by me after reading about it here. Some people over there claim to have inside info that it's happening, others claim to have inside info that it's just an ad gimmick and a re-release is impossible. Basically, no one knows what's going on. We're sort of waiting for RCX in June to see what shows up at Associated's booth.

There's a lively topic about it over on RC10Talk.com, started by me after reading about it here. Some people over there claim to have inside info that it's happening, others claim to have inside info that it's just an ad gimmick and a re-release is impossible. Basically, no one knows what's going on. We're sort of waiting for RCX in June to see what shows up at Associated's booth.

Hmm, struggling to find it

Hope this is not to be found in the April's issue of the magazine? As some sort of April fooling? :wacko:

How about trying to contact the magazine and ask for some info's?

Another idea that might explain the rumor: next year (2014) is the 30th anniversary of the legendary RC10 :rolleyes: .Could be a little sign for a limited birhday rere???

I cannot find it on RC10 talk either. Link?

Edit : found it. http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=31102

I brought this comment from the RC10 page. I think it pretty much sums it up. If I broke some internet/forum law, just delete it mods.... :unsure:

trkneller wrote:

Well, in the back of my mind, I keep thinking of what Farmer reported from RCX last year:

"So before I get started, let me recap yes as stated on my other post Lett just told me about a RC10 remake ,so without any further adue let me tell you what he said. When he said remake I looked him straight in the face and said no way you kidding, he said nope, I said I thought all the molds and tooling were gone and he said nope. We have over half of the original tooling and that they were going through them to find out what was still cost effective and useable compared to today’s technology, with CNC machines and injection molding and what not! and explained that the old parts where machined and hand trimmed and finished and were clunky and didn’t fit the best and that they are trying to get that same type of fill for the kit and parts, with the modern day fabrication process, like square sanded corners, rough shock towers etc, etc than he said that they were also working on a way that every new part would have a irreversible marking that would make it unique to the reissue kit. What did I just hear did I really just hear this rite from Mr. VP Cliff Letts mouth, yes I did! "

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=26724&p=271076&hilit=farmer+cliff+lett+rc10#p271076

Here's to hoping!!

• Like 1

Hope this is not to be found in the April's issue of the magazine? As some sort of April fooling? :wacko:

How about trying to contact the magazine and ask for some info's?

Another idea that might explain the rumor: next year (2014) is the 30th anniversary of the legendary RC10 :rolleyes: .Could be a little sign for a limited birhday rere???

Valid point, but I can't see them spending the dollars on a two page spread in RCCA magazine..... Gosh has it been 30 years already ?? I am like crypt keeper old !!

Whoops, yeah, I should have posted a link. Sorry. I was posting from my phone, and it's really hard to copy/paste.

Whoops, yeah, I should have posted a link. Sorry. I was posting from my phone, and it's really hard to copy/paste.

No worries, just did it for the lazy blokes like myself..... :D

I remember looking at this kit wanting it at 13yrs old on the counter at a slot car track in Fairfield Sydney..although I have a used one not built in box, for sure i will grab one!.. bonus..sounds like it will be built on u.s soil. c'mon ozi dollar start climbing again ;)

I really hope Associated re-release that RC10! I had an A stamped gold tub about 4 years ago that had been retro fitted with a white stealth transmission.I really liked that buggy,but between a lack of non extortionate priced wheels and parts,and the fact i had little knowledge on them at the time i sold it on the bay.I always thought it would be a super kit to own if complete and looking like that photo!

I plan on being at the show on the 1st. If there's any earthshattering news, I'll post some pics.

It's UK price in 1985 was £130 which translates as $530 in today's money. Tamiya have managed to make the cost of most of their re-releases much cheaper to buy the second time around but maybe that is because of their size as a company. I wouldn't be surprised if a re-re RC10 did cost around the $500 mark but that wouldn't put me off, so long as it was faithful and came in the original packaging.

It's UK price in 1985 was £130 which translates as $530 in today's money. Tamiya have managed to make the cost of most of their re-releases much cheaper to buy the second time around but maybe that is because of their size as a company. I wouldn't be surprised if a re-re RC10 did cost around the $500 mark but that wouldn't put me off, so long as it was faithful and came in the original packaging.

You are true a fan with a credit balance still in your credit or bank account.:-)

At $500 big ones ...that would be about $160 to $240 too much as i am basing it on around the axial or the twin hammer, depending if radio gear, motor, electronics come with it. I guess will have to wait and see if will be re release and the street sticker price.

I dont know if Tower have just always stocked these bodies:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0001P?I=LX2697&P=8

But I just picked one up for a project. I dont have an original to compare it to, but it looks pretty faithful to me. One major difference I suspect, Made in China.

Surely this could keep the price of a re-release down, Tamiya do not make all their re-re's in Japan anymore do they?

Figures they would re-re the RC10, I have recently bitten the bullet on a project. After my Avante, Wild One, and Fox projects, I am starting to think somebody is watching me? <_<

All I need is for Kyosho to start re-re'ing things! Nooooooo!!

C..

I dont know if Tower have just always stocked these bodies:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0001P?I=LX2697&P=8

But I just picked one up for a project. I dont have an original to compare it to, but it looks pretty faithful to me. One major difference I suspect, Made in China.

Surely this could keep the price of a re-release down, Tamiya do not make all their re-re's in Japan anymore do they?

Figures they would re-re the RC10, I have recently bitten the bullet on a project. After my Avante, Wild One, and Fox projects, I am starting to think somebody is watching me? <_<

All I need is for Kyosho to start re-re'ing things! Nooooooo!!

C..

Gosh, you mention Kyosho, how cool would a land jump re-re be?

that body has been readily available for decades, it's nothing new.

i hope it happens. i have a fleet of rc10's in various configurations, fresh white parts would be great. rear arm mounts being the most important.

i also hope for a 2.25 stealth re-re. i need stealth parts, and lot's of'em. i am not a fan of the original 6 gear trans at all.

Can someone explain to me what this "stealth" thing is that I keep seeing people refer to? I feel out of the loop. :lol:

Can someone explain to me what this "stealth" thing is that I keep seeing people refer to? I feel out of the loop. :lol:

It refers to the second transmission that AE came out with the car. Much better and prefered for racing. The origibnal was a 6 gear tranny and the stealth was a "revolutionary" 3 gear that as a basic design is still used in most cars today.

• Like 2

Ah cheers. I was thinking it had something to do with the chassis or suspension.