Toykid

RC10 original gold pan re-release - RCCA july 2013

The name Stealth came about from its prototype form in the Rc10 at the 89 Worlds in Sydney.

It was top secret and no one knew of the new 3 gear tranny till scrutineering was done. It was totally under the radar hence "Stealth"

• Like 1

Can someone explain to me what this "stealth" thing is that I keep seeing people refer to? I feel out of the loop. :lol:

There were 2 different RC10 transmissions: the original "6 gear" style, and the later "Stealth", which is the same design used it current Associated cars.

I am very excited to see the full size RC10 at RCX this year. If they are going to the trouble of making a full size RC10 then I hope they will make a Re-Re of the original 6 gear RC10.

Thanks for all the additional info guys. Good to see many are talking about this.

James.

I am very excited to see the full size RC10 at RCX this year. If they are going to the trouble of making a full size RC10 then I hope they will make a Re-Re of the original 6 gear RC10.

James.

The 1:10 will be re release. The full scale is a warm up or the calm before the storm. Else...why go to the trouble. The signs are good.

The stealth is Associated's three gear transmission which borrows much of its design from the MIP tranny who borrowed the design from the sand scorcher

RCX starts tomorrow and on the RC10talk thread there seems to be quite a lot of confidence that the show will yield the much desired result. I just hope this doesn't turn into one almighty anti-climax. :ph34r:

if they do this someone from ae needs to attend the vintage off road nationals with one, or twenty lol.

i'll get one or two no matter what they are regardless. i'm still racing original rc10's and rc10t's on a pretty regular basis.

parts are plentifull so i keep running them. old losi's too.

The original wasn't exactly cheap but the prcing of any re-re will really determine its popularity outside those intent of having one again. I know you can say the same of any re-release but if comments of $800 RRP are anythign to go by it will be a rather niche customer base.

The guy who posted a pic of the wing of the 1:1 RC10 he was supposedly building has now deleted the photo. Not sure if that is a good or bad omen. :unsure:

This is going to be interesting. Hopefully I can get there pretty close to opening. I hope I am not disappointed. LOL!

I remember flipping through a magazine and seeing that same spread. Despite having only owned Tamiyas, it was easy to tell the ad was hinting at something very special. I personally believe the RC10 will return.

But I wonder if the possibility exists that we will instead see an RC10 with a number of detail changes to the chassis that differentiate it from the original car...

Oh dear. Here is the finished 1:1 at the show. I can only assume the guy was looking at the reference model through the bottom of a glass bottle when he built it. Not in the same league as the 1:1 Scorcher.....and I hope any re-re doesn't look like that!

375653_3209225125223_38057454_n_zps0b440

401885_3209245165724_2143049210_n_zps31f

Oh dear. Here is the finished 1:1 at the show. I can only assume the guy was looking at the reference model through the bottom of a glass bottle when he built it. Not in the same league as the 1:1 Scorcher.....and I hope any re-re doesn't look like that!

375653_3209225125223_38057454_n_zps0b440

401885_3209245165724_2143049210_n_zps31f

Hahaha, that's terrible. It looks like any old Offroad buggy, with a wing added, and painted the same as an RC10. Terrible result IMHO

Well, there's your answer... it's going to be that stupid SC10B thingy with a "classic" paint job. Nothing to see here. Move along.

Of all the buggys available for sale in CA they chose this?! I am sure they are going to run it in some sort of race series to justify the investment (or some sort of logic like that) - but seriously?!

You can say what you want about Tamiya Re-Re, but atleast the 1:1 scorcher was awsome. I flew all the way from the USA to Germany to see that in person. I can't say I even want to make the 20 mile drive to see this.

Come on boys, sort it out.

James.

Here's how it should have been done...

getuserimage-2_zps7ff1477d.jpg

Look at the size of the screws. :lol: It's an RC car with people super imposed infront/behind it.

But I agree, it should have looked like the RC like so many other 'scale-ups' have done. Their end result is poor at best.

I think the look on the face of the dude in the Associated T-shirt sums it up.

:lol::lol::lol:

• Like 2

Only Tamiya has true quality fans. Its product rubs off to its fan base. If i was Team Associate CEO or Marketing director, i am not sure if i want to have this 1:1 seen with my product. Or by having it along TA rc10 will remain the focus of attention instead of the 1:1. If a fan if rc10 build it....OK. But if it was commissioned build, need some explaining for the result...unless rc10 is not a re release but an updated 2013 model. guess we all have to see the actual rc10 if and when is release.

looks more like their current sc10b....

• Like 1

It's an RC car with people super imposed infront/behind it.

You don't say? :lol:

I guess when that guy said he was building a 1:1 RC10, what he meant was he was building a 1:1 RC10 wing. No wonder he tried to delete the thread. :lol: :lol:

Honestly, if by this time tomorrow there is not a proper re-release announced then this is an embarrasing joke for AE.

I think the look on the face of the dude in the Associated T-shirt sums it up.

:lol::lol::lol:

Just noticed that. :lol:

unless rc10 is not a re release but an updated 2013 model. guess we all have to see the actual rc10 if and when is release.

If the AE release looks anything like the 1:1 that is shown, how many would buy that? Not me anyway!

Well the good news is, even the RC10talk fans are equally dissapointed. I know that style buggy is currently raced, but AE seriously missed the point trying to apeal to the target consumer here.

Wow, this has got me all fired up :angry:

James.