Toykid

RC10 original gold pan re-release - RCCA july 2013

Seriously....as soon as the first word of where to pre-order hits the net please let people know, even if it's been posted elsewhere on other forums. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity and cannot be missed.

• Like 1

Seriously....as soon as the first word of where to pre-order hits the net please let people know, even if it's been posted elsewhere on other forums. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity and cannot be missed.

Sure... AFTER I get mine in. ;)

• Like 1

Wow Wow ! Never thought I would be this fired up about a non Tamiya Re release. And the best part I can afford it, many years later !!

If it's true that it's only going to cost $250 then a great day just got a whole lot better. :D

Got one signed by Jammin' Jay at the show today! I'll prob head back tomorrow for a bit.

56D0714A-8D6B-4847-886B-6C665A9C8C18-274

before I post more pics... no Tamiya booth at the RCX show????? what???

more re-re rc-10 content from the show:

IMG_7881_zpsfc4326ab.jpg

IMG_7882_zpse206ae1b.jpg

IMG_7883_zpsc589ce28.jpg

IMG_7884_zps00e97bc7.jpg

IMG_7886_zpsb5b4bbd9.jpg

IMG_7942_zps1084efaa.jpg

This is great news. Woohoo!! The RC10, and the Fox all in the same year!

All I need now is for Kyosho to wake up and re-re the Javelin from the same era and my big three from the 80's I'll be able to build from NIB.

Thank goodness AE delivered on the goods. It was looking dicey with the 1:1 posted earlier...

I'm not sure what the complaint about the instruction manual is about. I downloaded the RC18 manual and compared it against my B4 FT manual, and they're comparable. I didn't have any problems building the kit with the instructions.

Hmm, 2 Fox's, 2 RC10's and a Bruiser to purchase this year, probably gonna struggle

• Like 1

This is great news. Woohoo!! The RC10, and the Fox all in the same year!

All I need now is for Kyosho to wake up and re-re the Javelin from the same era and my big three from the 80's I'll be able to build from NIB.

Javelin would be great along with the landjump.......

Well, just placed a pre-order with tower for 1 at this stage, may get a 2nd one later, but want some cash for my 2 fox's :P

I just pre-ordered two of them. What are Tower's shipping charges to the UK like? Reasonable?

Just tried with a Hotshot to figure the shipping to Denmark, at is 63,29 $. Probably the same to the UK.

Thank goodness AE delivered on the goods. It was looking dicey with the 1:1 posted earlier...

I'm not sure what the complaint about the instruction manual is about. I downloaded the RC18 manual and compared it against my B4 FT manual, and they're comparable. I didn't have any problems building the kit with the instructions.

My complaint was, that in comparison to your standard Tamiya manual the RC18 book is sparse and unhelpful. I never claimed impossible to build, I just said lousy because I'm spoiled by Tamiya. ;)

Pre-ordered my RC10 Classic from Tower last night aswell :) That's my B'day present for September.

i'm definitely going to get one (hopefully?) but i've never been a pre-order type. i did a preorder ONCE for the re-re pajero since i was so excited to paint one up like my '91 montero but the experience kind of sucked. it didn't come any sooner than if i'd ordered it after it came out. in fact, it took a bit longer and my money was already tied up so i couldn't order it elsewhere. BUT - and this is a big but that i don't like - it would be a shame if the only way to actually snag one was to line up and pre-order. but with both this and the nova fox i'm going to take my chances and not pre-order and just grab them when they are in stock. and hopefully i won't get screwled in the process.

i'm definitely going to get one (hopefully?) but i've never been a pre-order type. i did a preorder ONCE for the re-re pajero since i was so excited to paint one up like my '91 montero but the experience kind of sucked. it didn't come any sooner than if i'd ordered it after it came out. in fact, it took a bit longer and my money was already tied up so i couldn't order it elsewhere. BUT - and this is a big but that i don't like - it would be a shame if the only way to actually snag one was to line up and pre-order. but with both this and the nova fox i'm going to take my chances and not pre-order and just grab them when they are in stock. and hopefully i won't get screwled in the process.

I'm kind of in the same boat. I almost pre-ordered from Tower this morning, but then I couldn't remember my customer password and I was in a hurry so I just left it. Now i'm thinking that i'll call the local shop and ask them about ordering me one. This feels like a "go to the shop and pick it up" sort of occasion, rather than just sitting around waiting for a shipping notification.

And if I miss out, then i'll just snag an original off ebay. They're not particularly hard to find.

If I do source one, it'll be froma uk seller - even if its £260 it'll be no more expensive than paying the shipping, handling fee and import duty from the US

Can't you just cancel a pre-order at any time up to the point when you receive the invoice stating that the kit is in stock?

Can't you just cancel a pre-order at any time up to the point when you receive the invoice stating that the kit is in stock?

not sure it works that way with tower. they're great, but communication is not one of their strong suits and you won't know anything about when it's in stock until it ships. you're in the dark. i'm not sure about the cancelling... it must be possible but the only reason to cancel as opposed to just not pre-ordering is if you know you can get it elsewhere. by the time that's true yours might have already shipped without you even knowing till your get the email saying it has shipped - in the past tense.

Out of interest, since most AE stuff is now manufactured in China, are their current products available from Hong Kong sellers etc?

not sure it works that way with tower. they're great, but communication is not one of their strong suits and you won't know anything about when it's in stock until it ships. you're in the dark. i'm not sure about the cancelling... it must be possible but the only reason to cancel as opposed to just not pre-ordering is if you know you can get it elsewhere. by the time that's true yours might have already shipped without you even knowing till your get the email saying it has shipped - in the past tense.

Tower does not charge until the product ships. You can cancel any pre-order/backordered items at any time before the order it goes to the warehouse to ship. The Customer Information Center (CIC) gives you the ability to see all backorder status and cancel if the option is still available.

You are correct that Tower does not send an email quickly when backordered items are shipped. Sometimes the email telling you your order has shipped won't arrive until a day after the backordered product shipped to you. In fact, I am fairly certain even the "in-stock" email notification can be a day late - as in your order may have already shipped by the time you see any emails from Tower (which I think is what you were saying too). It is kind of annoying, but I like the fact that Tower tries to ship as quickly as possible.

What I do is save a browser link to the item I've backordered and check it every day/night. By checking this way, usually I'll know an item I backordered is in stock before I even get the email from Tower. When it comes in stock, I log into the CIC and check out my backorder to see if it's been sent to the warehouse. Sometimes it takes a day or two for backordered items that arrive and are "in-stock" to be packed and shipped. I've always assumed this to be caused by other orders that were made before I made my pre-order. First order in, First order shipped out. If they run out of stock before they get to my order, I have to wait for the next shipment.

If a couple of extra days makes a huge difference in where you order a kit from, and you don't mind risking losing out on a "limited edition" (who knows what that really means), then I'd just sign up to receive an email when the kit is in stock and then decide where to order after it's in stock.

For me, ordering from Tower is usually and almost always the best decision for me because as a Tower Super Saver Club Member (and Gold Preferred Member sometimes too), I get free shipping and discount coupons that simply cannot be beat by any other seller on the planet, including Stella, Dinball/RCMart, or any other discount HK seller. Plus, Tower will honor the lower price if the item goes down in price while in backorder. It used to require an email to the Customer Service department to get them to change the backorder to the lower price, but the last time it happened to me (Bruiser, I think?), the backorder price dropped automatically so I didn't have to do a thing. The only risk there is losing out on the discount coupon because the order total went below the minimum for the coupon (if you were that close to the minimum to begin with). In that case, I've successfully asked Customer Service to apply the next lower tier of coupon.