Toykid

RC10 original gold pan re-release - RCCA july 2013

Anyone here who's getting one running theirs with a Tekin or Novak?

Anyway I like it but I'm gonna be changing out the shocks for some Gmade piggybacks and adding some LED light buckets. I'll be running a Speedpassion ESC and motor.

Anyone here who's getting one running theirs with a Tekin or Novak?

Anyway I like it but I'm gonna be changing out the shocks for some Gmade piggybacks and adding some LED light buckets. I'll be running a Speedpassion ESC and motor.

I think that brings up a point that hasn't really been asked so far. How many that have been preordered will be run? If so with what upgrades?

I have a reedy 3000kv brushless, and two Tekin period ESCs and trinity monster motor combos.

That lot to spread across two rere kits and two team car restorations

well will be running one of 2 pre-orders not sure what i will put in it have a pile of speedmaster silver star and gold star esc + 1 ultimate silver star plus a futaba 210cb esc what would you use ?

I have ore ordered one from my local hobby shop though.

Will be a runner with a brushless combo. Have a stealth tranny ready as well. :):)

Yep - same. Not even considering using the 6Gear. Stealth box ready to go in. Will be a Brushless system, 4900KV Reedy, geared down a little.

Cheers

ACE Hobbies just confirmed they are expecting shipment in next 2-3 weeks.

Fingers crossed.

Cheers

• Like 1

I get mine soon, hope these stealth trannys are available soon as well..

You guys read that they have beefed up the 6 cog to cope with brushless right?

I realise the stealth has less reciprocating mass but if should be safe to hammer the 6 gear :)

• Like 1

Oh my god those photos...those photos! Just beeeeeeeautiful!

Latest advert in RCCA has no mention of limited edition - one guy on RC10Talk was told the kit is 'limited' to 3500 units, almost double the original suggestion of 2000; and is exactly the scenario Roger Curtis aluded to in the radio interview !

I'm considering cancelling one of my two pre-orders - its not going to be particularly limited, and I already have two Team Cars in rebuild.

Gotta admit that I'm toying with cancelling my one and only pre-order since the mention of the egress re-re...as the £200 from this would go well towards a 3rd egress preorder :)

That's why it's taking so long to arrive. They saw the stir and preorders, and just decided to make more. That's my guess anyways. ;)

I still think the 3500 number will be correct and that will actually be enough to satisfy the demand from those that want a NIB. They will make a zillion parts though, no doubt about that.

I wouldn't hold my breath and hope the 3500 number is going to be it. The numbers of preorders plus the ones going to distributors would make it higher and still not close to being cost effective. There's still no mention of any assigned numbers to this run and it makes you wonder how to really know what you'd be getting. Number 2 of the production run or number 5000 for example.

also note expected date of release: 19th of September...

Ha oops, that news was likely the bigger of the two lol, I meant to mention that but carried away with the eye candy ;)

I'd actually just gone to the page to take one last look at the bad photo they originally had before cancelling my pre-order to put the dosh towards another Egress, but then saw the photos...needless to say, I'm settling for 2 re-re Egress's now, not 3 ;)

also note expected date of release: 19th of September...

I wonder how reliable that release date is compared to the previous 'end August' one ?

I think I'm going to settle for the one kit, I was never in a rush to build either of my pre-orders so one NIB seems sensible. With the promise of the stealth transmission to follow it would be very easy to re-re the team car variant , which I can imagine would be a 2014 release if sales of the gold pan are good.

I wonder how reliable that release date is compared to the previous 'end August' one ?

I think I'm going to settle for the one kit, I was never in a rush to build either of my pre-orders so one NIB seems sensible. With the promise of the stealth transmission to follow it would be very easy to re-re the team car variant , which I can imagine would be a 2014 release if sales of the gold pan are good.

I hope the date is true because the wait has become pretty tedious.

This thread started in May, so 4 months of discussion. If the Egress does hit our doorsteps in early December then that will be a similar timescale !

This thread started in May, so 4 months of discussion. If the Egress does hit our doorsteps in early December then that will be a similar timescale !

Yeah, Tamiya could do a lot better than they do with the build up. If anything, the RC10 has done much better at building hype as they dangled the carrot with that amazing magazine ad. Tamiya just seem to go 'oh yeah, forgot to mention, we're launching xxx in a couple of months'.

They could do SOOOOOOO much better with a solid hyped marketing campaign. Imagine if they started a re-re website dedicated to this sector of the market and had an area where people could vote/poll for the next car, and have an unveiling area with a countdown built in. Or build up over 6 months with super close up shots of parts of the cars to get people guessing what they could be. Not to mention product photo's ****, Tamiya are terrible at this now. We used to drool like salivating dogs over those catalogue images, why can't they do that now and in ULTRA hi-res for us geeks to pour over for months in advance of the release.

Also, if Tamiya did some limited run extra's, collectors would break their spines to get hold of them. Imagine with the upcoming Egress is they did a special edition box with a handful of prints/posters included that only had 50 numbered copies. It'd be dirt cheap to make and we'd go bat sh!t crazy to get those. Argh. Man, they could make SO much more of the re-re thing.

I could go on, but I'll explode with childlike excitement if I carry on.

• Like 2

I know what you mean, the wait is similar, it just seems like this one has been long and drawn out, probably because it took them so long to throw up any photos of it. For some strange reason the wait feels like it has been longer than 3 months since the official announcement date.