Toykid

RC10 original gold pan re-release - RCCA july 2013

Apparently the Avante Black Special was pulled because they couldn't meet demand for it

lol where do these types of rumors come from? Doesn't even make sense.

Looks like a '94 Worlds edition is being released too - kit #6037, $339

It's on the Android app from Associated, although it appears I may have jumped the gun because below it are the B2 and B3. Because it mentions revised rear bulkhead I assumed it was for lipo as a rere .

Sorry to disappoint, but I bet your wallets are relieved

It's on the Android app from Associated, although it appears I may have jumped the gun because below it are the B2 and B3. Because it mentions revised rear bulkhead I assumed it was for lipo as a rere .

Sorry to disappoint, but I bet your wallets are relieved

I thought something wasn't right about it. The price was what had me scratching my head.

If it did come out at that price you could count me out, considering how much cheaper the classic kit is going to cost.

Well, at least some of the kits are definitely on the street, as a guy from Hong Kong has listed detailed photos of his on RC10talk.

Looks like Tower is gearing up for the mass shipment soon. Just received this email today:

Dear Tower Hobbies Customer,

It may have been a while since you put the Associated RC 10 Classic Kit on back order with Tower Hobbies.

We anticipate a delivery in the very near future. This email is to remind you that you have this item on order and when these come in we will automatically charge the payment method you provided. In some cases we may need to perform some credit card verification so please make sure we have current contact information on your account. Our goal is to give you advanced notice of the upcoming charge and shipment, if you get excited about the product arriving, well, that's just a bonus!

Enough inventory to fill all our back orders is anticipated but not guaranteed. Due to the demand, we limited the quantities of these items to no more than 2 per customer.

Tower Hobbies appreciates your business.

Kim Johnson
-Tower Hobbies

Apparently they have been in stock in Hong Kong since September 27th. Bizarre.

It's not bizarre at all. It takes a couple weeks for a container ship to move from China to the US or UK, unload the containers, go through customs inspection, etc. Whereas Hong Kong is in China, so the shipping time is reduced to a couple of days at the most.

Well at least we can be certain that the USA/Europe kits will now arrive mid October.

It's a pity Stella are not offering this kit, I bet their price would have been superb.

UK kits are currently in customs awaiting clearance - retailers expect to ship out late this week :D :D

UK kits are currently in customs awaiting clearance - retailers expect to ship out late this week :D :D

Modelsport says 2nd October :)

DOH, just spoke to Modelsport and according to the supplier 'they basically have no idea when its due' lol. Even Modelsport are bemused by this. Apparently they 'could' have their stock by Thursday/Friday, but it could just as easily be next Friday...or the Friday after that. Basically, nobody knows, anything, anywhere in the world.

Question is, with TA being new to the RE-RE thing, can Tamiya beat them to market with the Egress...that would make me chuckle if they did.

I got an email today telling me that my kits will be posted to me next week (UK seller).

I suspect thats from MBM ?

I had a separate email last night saying they expect to ship them late this week, then the official mail this morning saying they will ship next week.

I appreciate they are int he hands of the customs clearance people, and can only send on when they get them.

Be grateful you're not buying at a US seller - I bet there's a whole lot of kits sat with their government workers in customs at present (inbound from China, never mind going out of the country).

I placed a RC10 parts order with Tower a few days ago - was shipped this last night not sure when it will arrive but I'm not expectign it to be the usual 5-7 days. I needed a few more parts, I actually decided to source those within the UK last night, just in case the US customs folk are laid off

Be grateful you're not buying at a US seller - I bet there's a whole lot of kits sat with their government workers in customs at present (inbound from China, never mind going out of the country).

I placed a RC10 parts order with Tower a few days ago - was shipped this last night not sure when it will arrive but I'm not expectign it to be the usual 5-7 days. I needed a few more parts, I actually decided to source those within the UK last night, just in case the US customs folk are laid off

Everything I'm reading suggests US customs should continue to operate for now.

yep had a your kit is coming soon email other day :)

Just got such an email from Tower yesterday -- ordered on June 12th. We'll see when it shows up!

Everything I'm reading suggests US customs should continue to operate for now.

Indeed it does suggest that but I can imagin a scaled back operation if thing don;t get resolved soon - heaven only knows what will happen come D-day 17th :rolleyes:

I ordered on June 4th. Status says waiting for product from manufacturer. Just got a bearing set last week so, I'm ready to build.

Mine arrived yesterday from rcmushroom, fun fun fun

• Like 1

Mine arrived yesterday from rcmushroom, fun fun fun

This post is pointless without pics. ;)

• Like 1