Toykid

RC10 original gold pan re-release - RCCA july 2013

Page 125/126 of the thread over on RC10talk has load of build pics

Niiiiiice!!

Kindly pleasing anybody to post some pics from the kit and the inserts??!! Pleeeease :wub:

There are no box inserts as such - just a load of parts in various sealed plastic bags, thrown in the main cardboard box

Hmm, thinking of cancelling my back order at Tower, apparently I can't add some parts to the order to save on postage, and also not sure if a voucher code can be added, to reduce cost. I've got one on order locally, which could easily be 2.

• Like 1

Modelsport just confirmed, all pre-orders are shipping over the next 2 days. Latest time to expect delivery will be Friday. Result, weekend sorted!

Anyone know what colour paint to buy for the bodyshell?

Just had word from my U.S supplier that they arrive in the States on the 13th.

Just had word from my U.S supplier that they arrive in the States on the 13th.

Lol, imagine being an American retro RC fan now. A cool US RC car that stole the heart of its own nation back in the day is now made in China, delivered to the far east first, Europe second and then the US being left until last. They must be gutted ;)

Lol, imagine being an American retro RC fan now. A cool US RC car that stole the heart of its own nation back in the day is now made in China, delivered to the far east first, Europe second and then the US being left until last. They must be gutted ;)

Very sad actually!!! Team Associated selling point use to be that it was made in America, very sad. :(

Now if only we can get Tamiya to re-re the Astute. I use to race against my buddiesGraphite RC10 back in the day with my Astute. They got theirs, bring back the Astute!

They're certainly not very happy on RC10talk, some have even cancelled their orders, which seems a bit OTT to me.

• Like 1

I find that not so great that the RC10 classic is made in China. A real classic RC10 kit must come from America with the proud "Made in USA" sticker.

"Team Associated is now owned by Taiwanese company Thunder Tiger, and the RC10 Classic is made with mostly new molds, new tooling, new materials, and of course a mix of parts made in China vs the USA – so inevitably it has differences to the original, including the absence of that shiny “Made in America” sticker on the front of the box."

http://rctoymemories.com/2013/10/03/team-associated-rc10-1984/

Colour wise there is no defined paint type/code for the box art - a bit if trial n error although mad racer seems to have pretty much nailed it.

I'm tempted to go a bit more metallic with mine to complement the chassis a little.

They're certainly not very happy on RC10talk, some have even cancelled their orders, which seems a bit OTT to me.

Well of cource it would for you. Yes it seems a little hypocritical coming from me who dumps tons of money into Tamiya but Tamiya wasnt nor prided themselves in being a born and bread American company. It's a sad commentary on companies leaving the country due to horrible unions and gov taxes.

I find that not so great that the RC10 classic is made in China. A real classic RC10 kit must come from America with the proud "Made in USA" sticker.

"Team Associated is now owned by Taiwanese company Thunder Tiger, and the RC10 Classic is made with mostly new molds, new tooling, new materials, and of course a mix of parts made in China vs the USA – so inevitably it has differences to the original, including the absence of that shiny “Made in America” sticker on the front of the box."

http://rctoymemories.com/2013/10/03/team-associated-rc10-1984/

Well said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well of cource it would for you. Yes it seems a little hypocritical coming from me who dumps tons of money into Tamiya but Tamiya wasnt nor prided themselves in being a born and bread American company. It's a sad commentary on companies leaving the country due to horrible unions and gov taxes.

Don't get me wrong, I understand the upset, but cancelling orders because of it is just crazy.

:( It is kind of sad... AE should put a big gold label on the box with black writing made in china :P

Don't get me wrong, I understand the upset, but cancelling orders because of it is just crazy.

I agree Andy.

Truth is Associated can't win whatever they do, if they produced, packaged and distributed from the USA it would be $270-300. People have already commented that the global rere is more expensive than modern US made Associated buggies. The fact that the signature parts (chassis and nose plate ) are US made should be some consolation but people are already baulking at the parts cost of those items. Heck they get a full kit for 200 bucks when the US made parts are 100 bucks. That 200 bucks includes shipping from the other side of the world.

Us Brits have to pay over 300 bucks locally, even with the Chinese parts.

Ah well , let's just rejoice in the knowledge that without Thunder Tiger there'd be another 10 year wait for this to happen at all .

• Like 1

It's quite strange that the components being made in the USA are the metal parts. I would have thought that it if anything it would have been cheaper to do it the other way round and produce the plastics in the States and let the Chinese do the metal, where it would surely be cheaper to produce, or even better still just produce the whole car in China. I don't really understand why the kit's production has been divided between countries.

The re-release would never have happened without the involvement of Thunder Tiger but I would go further than that. It truly would never have happened without the success of the Tamiya re-releases.

• Like 1

I have to admit that I'm flabbergasted at the £209 UK price tag, it's so cheap for a high end re-re rc car. Compare that to a UK Avante! BIG difference.

I have to admit that I'm flabbergasted at the £209 UK price tag, it's so cheap for a high end re-re rc car. Compare that to a UK Avante! BIG difference.

Well I suppose there's only half the parts in the RC10 compared to the Avante - if it wasn't for all the checking that you have the correct imperial screws its a very easy build. You should be able to get a fully built chassis in a couple of evenings, even trimming all the plastic parts of sprue/ push pin markings. Part count wise its more akin to a Fox than the Avante, so after factoring in the alloy shocks and chassis parts £200 is about right, but I take your point that for something that dominated for many years at top level it could easily have been £275-325.

Perhaps they are leaving a bit of headroom for a CE/Worlds carbon version, plus of course the stealth transmission.

Just checked my RC10 order at Tower:

Order Now Being Picked and Packed in Warehouse
Please allow a minimum of two business days for your order to ship (our shipping companies do not accept shipments on Saturday or Sunday)

modelsport has the delivery date for them to receive their shipment from customs as the 8th , tomorrow ??

my supplier posted this over on Oople tonight..

The Team Associated RC10 Classic is due to arrive with us tomorrow, if you are yet to pay in full for your kit please give us a call tomorrow or drop me a email and i can send a PayPal request.

We have few kits remaining from our Pre-Order and these are available to buy now on our website!

http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/index.php...sult/?q=AS6001

We also have a large number of spares for this model and these should be available to buy on our website later tonight.

Thanks to everyone who Pre-Order

• Like 1

modelsport has the delivery date for them to receive their shipment from customs as the 8th , tomorrow ??

Yep, spoke to them today, they arrive tomorrow afternoon apparently :)

• Like 1