Toykid

RC10 original gold pan re-release - RCCA july 2013

That's a lot of RC10s!!

I've been in touch with Tower about my discount and have got it sorted. I've got to say that I'm really happy with the service I've received.

Ha, 'limited run' my Aunt *******, Modelsport now have stock, and with all the pre-orders shipped, they are still showing 'GOOD STOCK' which says to me that they have looooooooads.

Although, if they made 100,000,000 units, that is still 'technically' a limited run I guess. Clever wording.

MB Models sold one of their remaining 8 kits (after pre-order allocation) yesterday

Be interesting to see how long it takes to clear the other 7.

I suspect Apex and Wheelspin also have 'excess' stock too.

Anyone ordered from Model Motorsport had any contact/confirmation from them today, yet?

Anyone ordered from Model Motorsport had any contact/confirmation from them today, yet?

Yep, all existing pre-orders will be out of the door today for next day delivery :)

Yep, all existing pre-orders will be out of the door today for next day delivery :)

Hmmm, I've not heard anything :(

Hmmm, I've not heard anything :(

Me either, I rang them as their stock levels say 'good stock' and my order status says 'back-ordered', so I wanted to ensure I was getting one. When I rang them he basically said that its shipping pandemonium there today as they have a bazillion RC10 pre-orders to post out in time for next day delivery tomorrow. So don't expect your status to change but do expect your delivery tomorrow.

• Like 1

Me either, I rang them as their stock levels say 'good stock' and my order status says 'back-ordered', so I wanted to ensure I was getting one. When I rang them he basically said that its shipping pandemonium there today as they have a bazillion RC10 pre-orders to post out in time for next day delivery tomorrow. So don't expect your status to change but do expect your delivery tomorrow.

Thanks mate! Blimey, I thought each shop were only getting a dozen or so each. Obviously not ;)

Thanks mate! Blimey, I thought each shop were only getting a dozen or so each. Obviously not ;)

I get the impression we're talking hundreds even. I asked if I could add some paint to my order...he paused...and then basically said no lol. Reason being is that there are SO many RC10's going out that to make any order changes now would basically be impossible. He sounded stressed ha haaa.

• Like 1

I still don't understand the cynicism towards the limited edition tag. Even if the 2500 number is true and those kits have been divided between North & South America, Europe, Asia & Australasia then that means that each content will each receive on average 500 kits each. In my opinion that will be more than enough to satisfy the demand from the early adopters and will leave enough spare to see the kit still available for another 6 months or so after release.

The 2500 figure seems spot on to me.

If MB Models is typical of uk retailers then 80% of their 35 allocation has gone. I'd expect modelsport to have more than 35 allocation.

I wonder if other brands will see how popular this re-re is, and consider something similar (Kyosho Optima/Mid, Yokomo SuperDogfighter, Schumacher Cat etc...), any of those bad boys would sell 2500+, no problem.

Yokomo already working on a re re, Kyosho won't be far behind !

• Like 1

Yokomo already working on a re re, Kyosho won't be far behind !

Really?? Flippin ek, that would be really sweet. Super Dogfighter/YZ10 I hope.

Really?? Flippin ek, that would be really sweet. Super Dogfighter/YZ10 I hope.

Dream on, its the butt ugly 834 Dogfighter I'm sad to say ;)

If MB Models is typical of uk retailers then 80% of their 35 allocation has gone. I'd expect modelsport to have more than 35 allocation.

How many UK retailers are actually selling them though? Not many as far as I can see.

Wooh got my e-mail from modelsport they are on there way and they refunded 40 quid as well :)

I'm curious now as to just how many Associated shipped. Based on what they say, it appears that they only did one production run, but the numbers have to be higher than a few thousand kits. Hopefully we will get a real number for the run.

Uk retailers I know of but probably many more

Modelsport
MB Models
Apex models
wheelspinmodels models
Steve Webb models

DMS Racing

Probably at least another 10 !

Let's for a moment assume that the 2500 figure is correct and that distribution of those kits around the world went like this :

North America -- 30% = 750 kits

UK & Europe -- 25% = 635 kits

Asia -- 20% = 500 kits

Australasia = 20% = 500 kits

South America = 5% = 115 kits

So the UK gets 300 kits and they are distributed amongst approximately 10 retailers. That means that each one has around 30 kits each, which tallies in perfectly with the amount that the likes of MB Models etc have indeed received. Maybe the likes of Modelsport have received a larger amount of the 300 whilst the smaller retailers only got a handful of them,

In the USA my supplier has had the number he is receiving significantly cut whilst Tower have also limited their supply to two per person, so it seems like over there too the big retailers get the bulk of the kits, the smaller independents get a lot less but more importantly there really are not massive amounts of kits to go round. The fact that stores in some countries still have plenty still in stock makes perfect sense if they are on average all getting 30 kits each.

I'll say it again. The 2500 figure seems accurate to me.

• Like 2

Based on my conversations with my LHS, plus 1 other retailer, there is no way Australia got 500 kits, so I'm with ya Wandy, I still think the 2500 could very well be accurate.

Based on my conversations with my LHS, plus 1 other retailer, there is no way Australia got 500 kits, so I'm with ya Wandy, I still think the 2500 could very well be accurate.

Yeah I guess it's just an estimate of who got what but the general point is that even if the number is 3000, there really are not going to be huge numbers of these around.

• Like 1

I wish they would have marked the boxs x/xx. It would have made this so much easier lol.

• Like 2

Australian agents have them in stock. :):):):)

My Pre order has arrived just need time to pick it up. <_<