Toykid

RC10 original gold pan re-release - RCCA july 2013

RC10 talk members now whinging about the poor quality stamping of the chassis , although some say it's no worse than the early cars when the stamping process was still being refined.

RC10 talk members now whinging about the poor quality stamping of the chassis , although some say it's no worse than the early cars when the stamping process was still being refined.

Its pretty ridiculous TBH, we don't know how lucky we are to have this offered to us, and so many are plain whining, for the sake of whining, if its not up to par, buy a darn vintage 10.

Im still on the fence, as i never really dug any 2WD buggies, but i may cave soon, it does look a fun little car, and i have to keep telling myself id appreciate it, blooming great price too!

lee

• Like 2

Yep I agree ralphee.

We are so lucky that any re re are available yet alone a original RC10. What a joke. If you don't like it don't buy it. SIMPLE!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

I'm no AE fan but can appreciate the legendary RC10 and this will be my 2nd AE car in my collection .

• Like 1

I'm really not fussed by this at all, but on inspecting mine this morning there is a large sticker on the base of the box. A rather silly place to put one, but worse is the fact its full of wrinkles, it looks like its been applied by a nursery school child.

I'm not bothered, but its doesn't give a very good impression of the Quality Control / care of the packaging plant - it will be interesting to see if there are any kits with missing or incorrect parts; I wasn't going to break the seals on mine for some time but I'm really tempted now to check it's all there !

I've realised what's happened with all this production number talk.

They originally planned on making 2500, but Percymon bought all those and TA thought it wasn't really fair on everyone else ;)

• Like 1

I'm no AE fan but can appreciate the legendary RC10 and this will be my 2nd AE car in my collection .

I wasn't much of an Associated fan either - the SC10 RTR I sold on before I ever opened the box.

My RC10B4 was pretty good, enjoyed the rebuild and the few times I ran it - the brushless system lives on in my RC10 Team Car now

Other than having to source many of the vintage parts from the US (quite well addressed with the rere parts being available locally now) I've really enjoyed the team car rebuilds - nice to work on something non Tamiya for a change, and a lot less complex than an Optima !

Does anyone have experience with pinion choice for these with a 19 turn or equivalent motor?

Yey mine arrived today. What a **** sexy box! Can't wait to start building!

Australian agents have them in stock. :):):):)

My Pre order has arrived just need time to pick it up. <_<

I have mine ordered with ACE here in NSW. Still waiting for confirmation dammit.

Cheers

Got it today.

Geeee after all these yrs & looking back to my very first r/c purchase from a local hobby shop in 84. I asked what's that pointing to this very same box. I remember the salesman telling me that's a RC10 and is $550 for the car only.

My Dad bought me a red Mauri Galaxy with all the accessories to get it running. Still a very expensive gift and I was forever grateful.

The little piece of paper in the second pic with all the parts is a bags check list. So all parts are there. Just noticed the box says designed in the U.S.A made in China.

PA110091_zps4dbed93e.jpg

PA110092_zps2facead0.jpg

Call me crazy, but I don't understand the obsession with the number of kits being released. It seems like if you are an RC10 fan, you'd get one or two regardless of the production numbers.

Call me crazy, but I don't understand the obsession with the number of kits being released. It seems like if you are an RC10 fan, you'd get one or two regardless of the production numbers.

Crazy.

Only kidding ;)

I think the reaction to the numbers was down to the fact that TA announced it as a limited run with a specific production run number, which now seems unlikely to be true. If TA had simply said 'hey world, guess what, we're making the RC10 again and we'll keep making it for as long as you keep buying it' and everyone would have simply been going 'oooooh must buy, must buy, must buy'.

I think that's all that it boils down to. I've never really cared for the car and don't really care about how many are made, but when I saw the box art, it pulled that nostalgia string which triggered my wallet to open, money to fall out and land on a pre-order ;)

but when I saw the box art, it pulled that nostalgia string which triggered my wallet to open, money to fall out and land on a pre-order ;)

So true mate :D

I am in the US here and just saw towerhobbies got some in stock. I ordered 2. I think my dad would probably want one.

Thanks Mad Racer for posting a picture of the contents. I am extremely happy to see (hope it isn't your camera) that those white parts are in fact an off white/yellow colour - superb!!!! I am loving this RC10 more and more :wub:

No problem.

Forgot to say that there is also 2 decal sheets. One original and another in box art. Box art stickers never came with the original.

Just another bonus. Yes all white plastics is a very off white....

Is there any of you that ordered from Tower and got their kit already?

When i track mine there's no movement since october 10th-still hanging around somewhere in Chicago <_< ..

I'd like to know if this has to do with ongoing political issues in the US :wacko:

Is there any of you that ordered from Tower and got their kit already?

When i track mine there's no movement since october 10th-still hanging around somewhere in Chicago <_< ..

I'd like to know if this has to do with ongoing political issues in the US :wacko:

I ordered from Tower and recieved mine last Thursday.

I got mine from Tower last Friday. I'm gonna keep it stock, except for bearings, of course.

• Like 1

Can anyone tell me where I can get a cheap bearing kit for this.

Couldn't find anything on the Bay.

Cheers

I got 2 sets from diff vendors on the bay for mine 2 kits. I just searched rc10 bearings, one rom the US and one from HK.

Can anyone tell me where I can get a cheap bearing kit for this.

Couldn't find anything on the Bay.

Cheers

This is why I changed my mind on preordering one... when I found out it was bushed. I remember in the day seeing bearing kits for $135 and being all imperial flanged bearings, and lots of them I was not going to bank on kits being plentiful or cheap.