Toykid

RC10 original gold pan re-release - RCCA july 2013

Is there any of you that ordered from Tower and got their kit already?

When i track mine there's no movement since october 10th-still hanging around somewhere in Chicago <_< ..

I'd like to know if this has to do with ongoing political issues in the US :wacko:

Ahh-Update: passed customs clearance in switzerland allready-Jippie! :rolleyes:

hmm I hope these are still available after I have bought the egress :/

Just found out I won't be getting my kits until early November now. At this rate I will indeed have the re-re Egress before my two RC10s. :angry:

It's not the fault of my supplier though, who has been left high & dry by the U.S distribution system. In fact it seems AE have generally handled the distribution of this kit abysmally, but especially in the USA. Oh the irony .

At least their abysmal performance means there will probably be kits still available at Xmas :lol:

I don't believe these are even limited. 2500 world wide, yeh right.. It's all a marketing hype.

I don't mean to be picky, but cos I don't have anything to compare the gold pan with in my collection, im a little - dare I say - disappointed, with the quality of the pan. Chinese built obviously we know, but what I've noticed is the counter sunk holes for the gearbox etc are not really "drill perfect" round. And the extension to where the rear bends up around the motor is not as good as it could be. Still I've got my kit, and I'll make it all fit how it's intended....anyone want to buy a spare 6 gear...box?...I'm using a stealth.

I don't mean to be picky, but cos I don't have anything to compare the gold pan with in my collection, im a little - dare I say - disappointed, with the quality of the pan. Chinese built obviously we know, but what I've noticed is the counter sunk holes for the gearbox etc are not really "drill perfect" round. And the extension to where the rear bends up around the motor is not as good as it could be. Still I've got my kit, and I'll make it all fit how it's intended....anyone want to buy a spare 6 gear...box?...I'm using a stealth.

I don't think the QC is perfect by any means, but bear in mind you are basically buying a kit designed and 'tooled' 25+ years ago - compare to Tamiya metal parts on the SRBs and you see plenty of casting marks / flash on those. Whether thats acceptable is purely a personal view, but rere scorcher/buggy champ still had similar casting / roll bending marks to the originals. I guess its part of the 'character' of the kit ;)

If they'd made the chassis from gold coloured injection moulded plastic there would be uproar :rolleyes:

Trying... really... hard... to resist... buying... RC... 10... Classic...

Failing... But trying...

• Like 2

Just found out I won't be getting my kits until early November now. At this rate I will indeed have the re-re Egress before my two RC10s. :angry:

It's not the fault of my supplier though, who has been left high & dry by the U.S distribution system. In fact it seems AE have generally handled the distribution of this kit abysmally, but especially in the USA. Oh the irony .

Wandy just to satisfy my curiosity: What supplier and how's this possible? Sounds like a 2nd batch launched despite al the limited 2000 rumours??

Wandy just to satisfy my curiosity: What supplier and how's this possible? Sounds like a 2nd batch launched despite al the limited 2000 rumours??

It's Bill Cline of http://clinehobbies.com/ ...so a reputable U.S seller.

He was told by Great Planes that the kits would arrive at his store today, the 17th but they didn't show up. This is because West Coast kits are arriving via the Reno distribution centre but AE failed to deliver them to it. Seemingly all of the kits that have been delivered so far have come from the Illinois centre. The kits that came from Tower Hobbies must have come via Illinois.

They have now been guaranteed to arrive from Reno next Friday, the 25th.

It's not Bill Cline's fault of course, and to say he is not happy with the way things have gone is an understatement.

:( Sad to hear, Wandy. Obviously AE to blame then...what a shame. You're correct that Tower orders are delivered from Illinois (got mine today btw-took quite a while but i'm located in switzerland).

Hope you get yours soon mate!

• Like 1

Well, according to the discussion in the link I posted above, the pan is one of the very few American made parts.

• Like 1

The kit is awesome. I have mine built and waiting for paint. Everything went together without a problem. For me, since I've never owned an original six-gear RC10, the fit and finish is just like my other 7 stealth RC10s. The gold color is great. The only thing I wish for are cut lines for the nose and shock areas of the body. It's kind of a pain but if you cut slowly and small sections at a time, it'll come out great. Oh, they could have included a couple extra e-clips. LOL!

• Like 1

HI!... I just went on EBAY and bought one for $259 delivered. 4 days later it showed up. Already built and painted. :)

When i got through inspection of my kit i discovered that my pan is little bent on the rear section :blink:

Is this normal ? Maybe for giving more traveling space for the rear suspension arms?

Sorry, i'm not really familiar with RC10's. I'm not worrying too much as i suppose this cannot be seen when built...

That's normal and a symptom of the stamping/ folding process. Some are better than others, both on the originals and the re-release.

Found one from a LHS, sort of ... it was interstate, but at least it was in Australia.

It was in a hobby shop in Queensland.

So some shops in OZ must have their shipments already.

Found one from a LHS, sort of ... it was interstate, but at least it was in Australia.

It was in a hobby shop in Queensland.

So some shops in OZ must have their shipments already.

Yep they should all have there shipments apparently, just got a pic from my LHS, 2 for me ;)

%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i702.photobucket.com/albums/ww29/mtbkym01/Vintage n Re Release/IMG_1399_zps3421a65e.jpg

EDIT - Well its got me *******, just finished posting heaps of pics in my Japan Visit thread, and now I'm having issues again, seems the whole editing is up the creek :(

• Like 1

Yep they should all have there shipments apparently, just got a pic from my LHS, 2 for me ;)

Have a few days off now, so I;m going to check my LHS and see if they have any.

I have to pick up a layby anyway ... so fingers crossed on a second one. ;)

Well its got me ******ed, just finished posting heaps of pics in my Japan Visit thread, and now I'm having issues again, seems the whole editing is up the creek :(

That's a bummer. Is it the normal EDIT or FULL EDITOR that;s up the putt ?

That's a bummer. Is it the normal EDIT or FULL EDITOR that;s up the putt ?

Both, I cant figure it out??

This is a known bug caused by how the forums software is handling photobucket picture links in certain browsers.

I maybe being completely stupid (very likely) but I've not been able to upload images to the forum for months. In any way, form or manner.