Toykid

RC10 original gold pan re-release - RCCA july 2013

Are there really that few people that want an original RC10 that a number like 6000 wouldn't have sold out already? Amazing.

i think the main point is that, whatever the number, they really are only doing one run. So either 2000 was the number that they were planning on and they then decided to double it to 4000, or they were initially only planning on making 1000 of them.

Lett says later on in the interview that the Team car is totally feasible for a re-release and it's reintroduction will depend on the success of this gold pan re-re and any growing interest in the Vintage class.

Some more information via Cliff Lett himself via this interview.

Once again confirmation that it's a one time limited run and they were all sold, presumably to the stores, within 2 days of the RCX show. The reason they won't be making any more of them is to preserve the heritage of the original cars.

New info snippets :

* Initially wanted to make the kit completely original, whereby a lot of individual building skills were needed, but realised that this could hurt the company's reputation and thus needed to be easier to build to cater for the modern customer.

* Has been brought back solely because of the rise of the Vintage class. AE believe Vintage is the next "big thing". They hope other manufacturers follow suit.

* They doubled the amount that they planned to produce following the reaction from the facebook hints and RCCA ad.

* Will not be mass produced, so that the original cars will not be devalued.

September can't come quick enough. :)

Somehow i don't buy into it.

State the production number . Have the numbers audited / verify and proof the tools are destroy once the stated quantities are done.

To keep the build simple for buyer...who do you think will be buying this re release..hobbist with skills. if TA is worry build skill...have sone in RTR.

Are we sure TA wants other factory to get into re release? Money spend on other factory products will not be spend on TA. What other model TA is planning to do a re re ...if any or what model their existing customer would like to see re re?

I think TA wants to make sure every kit made is sold

I think TAsthinking about others getting involved is to make the vintage racing class bigger in the US, where it appears a lot of the tracks have been progressively enlarged for tougher short course racing - all well n good but the average punter is not enjoying wrecking trucks and spending time fixing them. Daves956 stated this is another thread a month or so back when he visited a local track, everyone sidelined with busted trucks

If they can get Losi and a few others more interested in vintage it'll get the class established and growing - which translates into lots of parts sales as people buy up old cars to race. As Cliff says, it could be the next big thing in RC - which basically says companies are all seeing sales drop in truggy/truck/SC sectors !

• Like 1

TA is actually AE (Associated Electrics), very minor point, but it bugs me a little bit when reading the posts referring to them.

Sorry to bring it up

TA is actually AE (Associated Electrics), very minor point, but it bugs me a little bit when reading the posts referring to them.

Sorry to bring it up

So THAT'S what AE stands for. I've been thinking 'how the badword do you get AE out of Team Associated' for the entirety of this thread. And just to be completely awkward, I prefer the name Team Associated ;) I'm guessing there was a take over at some point as they used to be called Team Associated right? Or am I just dimwitted? In fact, you needn't answer the last question ;)

So THAT'S what AE stands for. I've been thinking 'how the badword do you get AE out of Team Associated' for the entirety of this thread. And just to be completely awkward, I prefer the name Team Associated ;) I'm guessing there was a take over at some point as they used to be called Team Associated right? Or am I just dimwitted? In fact, you needn't answer the last question ;)

Yeah, the company name is still "Associated Electrics" from its slot car roots but today it has a common name "Team Associated" (to compete with Team Losi, Team Novak, Team Tekin, etc.).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Associated_Electrics

More company history here: http://www.teamassociated.com/news/announcements/1159-Roger_Curtis_of_Team_Associated_Receives_2013_RC_Hall_of_Fame_Award

If they can get Losi and a few others more interested in vintage it'll get the class established and growing - which translates into lots of parts sales as people buy up old cars to race. As Cliff says, it could be the next big thing in RC - which basically says companies are all seeing sales drop in truggy/truck/SC sectors !

Looks like Yokomo are re-re ing the Dogfighter !

post-35378-0-15033400-1373296237_thumb.j

Daaaaaaamn, I nearly exploded with excitement when I read that, until I realised it wasn't the super dogfighter. Please god let this lead to them moving onto the Super.

• Like 1

Is this legit? Where did you get that pic from?

Which model Dogfighter is that then?

Is this legit? Where did you get that pic from?

Which model Dogfighter is that then?

another pic then ?

post-35378-0-30328300-1373299510_thumb.j

taken from Japan RC Magazine apparently - Yokomo and AE were pretty close to each other in the past so perhaps no great surprise after Cliff Letts radio commentary :lol:

• Like 1

another pic then ?

attachicon.gifdogfighter advert2.jpg

taken from Japan RC Magazine apparently - Yokomo and AE were pretty close to each other in the past so perhaps no great surprise after Cliff Letts radio commentary :lol:

Interesting! Which site did you find this on?

Will Kyosho cave in and jump on the vintage bandwagon?

Interesting! Which site did you find this on?

Reported on oople

I would wager that Tamiya are feeling very smug right now as this vintage boom becomes more mainstream seeing that they started it all off ages ago. Five or six years ago those other companies probably sniggered as cars like the Hotshot came back and only now do they realise that they must get on board.

It's funny I built one as a kid but for some reason don't have any feelings in me to buy one It just don't do anything for me and what I think it is because to me it's to modern not to much different from todays buggies so it don't appeal to me now. I had a hornet before I got my RC 10 and I remember we had a backyard track we ran on as kids and when I got my RC 10 done and drove it on the track my jaw dropped watching how it's suspension soaked up all the ruts and bumps and just went where you pointed it..... it's funny I have hornets now even though they worked like junk I still purchased the re release hornets.... rc10 to modern to me may as well buy a new buggy not much different to me.

another pic then ?

attachicon.gifdogfighter advert2.jpg

This is very interesting, hopefully an 870 will follow this 834, wonder if and when release will be, and wonder if I find anything further in regard to this when I go to Japan in Oct.

I wonder why one of the front suspension arms is black when the rest of the chassis is white?

I wonder why one of the front suspension arms is black when the rest of the chassis is white?

Test mule, testing out different materials on the same car? Best I can come up with.

If Yokomo really does bring this back, then it's a far bigger deal to me than the RC10 re-release is. RC10s aren't rare (at least not here in the USA), or particularly expensive unless they're pristine, but a Yokomo 834 is a rarity indeed. I've only ever seen one in person, and that was 20+ years ago. I know very little about them, but hey, chain-drive, monoshocks, trailing arms, what's not to like? :)

Test mule, testing out different materials on the same car? Best I can come up with.

If Yokomo really does bring this back, then it's a far bigger deal to me than the RC10 re-release is. RC10s aren't rare (at least not here in the USA), or particularly expensive unless they're pristine, but a Yokomo 834 is a rarity indeed. I've only ever seen one in person, and that was 20+ years ago. I know very little about them, but hey, chain-drive, monoshocks, trailing arms, what's not to like? :)

Too much off-white plastic? It doesn't grab me like "hey I want one". I need to learn more.

Once other companies start doing their old products re-release, Tamiya will not be a pair of happy Stars.

Reason? We are have limited amount of money to play with RC. And once spend, will have to wait a few months to replenish the funds again. So if TA a.k.a AE only releases a limited fixed number to keep it true fans happy, big mistake because true fans will always be true to the company. What TA needs is new fans /customers base. So far the most of RC company products look the same to me with the exception to Axial and Veterra. The right look is more important to me than how it will actually function. My thinking is when it looks right it will usually works right.

• Like 1

I think re-releasing key models is the key thing. TA have done it right here, but what is going on with Yokomo? No Works 91?

Tamiya have brought back some odd ones and some classics, but rest assured, if Tamiya feel threatened by competition they've got an epic back catalogue to pull out. And on top of that, all they need to do is do a few 'Black Specials' of each new model to make even more. They'll rule th re-re scene forever.

I'm just glad to see other companies getting into the re-re business (shame Tomy aren't still in the RC game), I just wish Yokomo were starting out with a car I gave a **** about. Everything pre the YZ10 Super Dogfighter Works XX models (to me at least) means nothing and I don't even remember seeing these oldies back in the day. Butt ugly!

another pic then ?

dogfighter advert2.jpg

So much details in Japanese words 😅...... What are they saying? 🙈

I think re-releasing key models is the key thing. TA have done it right here, but what is going on with Yokomo? No Works 91?

Tamiya have brought back some odd ones and some classics, but rest assured, if Tamiya feel threatened by competition they've got an epic back catalogue to pull out. And on top of that, all they need to do is do a few 'Black Specials' of each new model to make even more. They'll rule th re-re scene forever.

I'm just glad to see other companies getting into the re-re business (shame Tomy aren't still in the RC game), I just wish Yokomo were starting out with a car I gave a **** about. Everything pre the YZ10 Super Dogfighter Works XX models (to me at least) means nothing and I don't even remember seeing these oldies back in the day. Butt ugly!

No disrespect at all, but I think opinions on things like this are either entirely based on how old you are, or when you got into the hobby/left the hobby, I personally remember the revolution that they were, they weren't ever pretty but yet again they changed the game, I have similar feelings about the Avante that everyone appears to adore,yet does nothing for me, I was doing other stuff when that came out, I am with rc, firmly only really interested in about 1979-1987 as it was when I first started and raced during the latter period of that, there is room I think for all tastes!