Toykid

RC10 original gold pan re-release - RCCA july 2013

I heard that the one I bought was one of the last few in Aus, might have to keep it in its box for a while now.

Has anyone else had the problem of the groove for the e clip that holds the diff in place being machined too small so the e clip goes on and off far too easily and in fact would fly off during running?

I have but to no avail, I have also used other brand e clips and none will grip, but thanks anyway!

Mad Racer- just started building mine today, and had the exact same issue with one of the shocks. One was smooth operating, the other had friction, and if you look closely when the piston is at full compression, is slightly off kilter.

Mad Racer- just started building mine today, and had the exact same issue with one of the shocks. One was smooth operating, the other had friction, and if you look closely when the piston is at full compression, is slightly off kilter.

Mine was more than just a little off kitter. I really should contact AE about it. Had problems with the 6 gear tranny too but waiting on my bearing set to arrive and will give it another go. <_<

Having built many of these over the years, they all require a little "work" to build right. Nothing like a Tamiya build which is always smooth as silk. ;)

Usually, if you have problems with friction while compressing the shock, it's due to either burs on the o-ring assembly or that it's not pushed in all the way so that it clicks in.

As in my case it's a warped bore. !!!!!

The piston slides down in one bore around 3mm then binds up. Keep pushing it keeps getting harder. Use the shaft with the piston on in the other shock bore and is perfect. So it's that one bore.. Not the piston, O rings or burs on the piston. It all clicked into place fine during assemble. Having owned 2 B4,s & 2 Graphites i know how the shocks are built.

The shock is built properly. The shock body seems to be warped as Mad Racer said, it's not bad, but definitely not centre and smooth operating like the rest of the shocks. No burrs on the piston, they are actually all smooth from factory as they don't come attached to a sprue tree, they are just in the shock bag separated already. I have the gear tranny for sale unopened if anyone wants one, and the wheels and tyres.

Picked up one of these at the local shop today. It looked so lonely up there with all the RTRs, I just had to. One thing I can tell you: mine will NOT be box-art. :)

• Like 2

Well a "mere" 161 days after being one of the first to pre-order, this saga is finally over and they are here! Dear God, what a carry on this has been but I guess it has been worth it. It is now over six months since we started discussing this kit though. :wacko:

Being used to the large and imposing boxes of the Tamiya re-releases these ones look tiny! The artwork is fantastic though. Well done AE for being brave enough to bring back such an iconic kit....just try to do the marketing & distribution a bit better for the next one, eh? :lol:

I haven't checked the kits yet for any QC issues though, so maybe the saga isn't quite over. :unsure:

rc10_zps076ec94b.jpg

Nice arrival Andy - enjoy them now they are finally with you

• Like 1

Nice arrival Andy - enjoy them now they are finally with you

Cheers bud, I will indeed. Just have to decide now whether to build the first one for the shelf or the track. Decisions, decisions. :)

nice one sir my runner is built and ready to race on Tuesday shelf queen is still to build at min in mancave wrapped in brown paper waiting for a raining day off or over Christmas to build .. should do a rc10 race at next dt-02 event if it happens next year

• Like 1

Cheers hammer. Must admit I'd love to see an RC10 category at DT-02 2014. Even if it was just a lunch break shootout.

• Like 1

I got my two kits and am happy as a clam. I'll agree with others that the some of the kit parts are not as refined as they could have been but overall I'm happy that associated rere'd the kit.

If associated were going to produce thousands of the kits I'm sure they could have refined out the production issues. But for just the 2500 they made, they did a very good job and really all of the issues I've heard of seem pretty petty.

The anodising on both of my kits is perfect, I'm very happy to say.

Chassis tubs have been cut and formed beautifully too. :)

• Like 1

i got mine, and it's tempting to open it, but it's still shrink-wrapped and i think i'll keep it that way. i'll pick up a used one to restore and run... have had little time lately to build anyway.

so am i to understand that the limited scale of this release really is true? they are only producing 2,500, period? no other re-re's or anything after that?

so am i to understand that the limited scale of this release really is true? they are only producing 2,500, period? no other re-re's or anything after that?

Nope. Looks like they have been as good as their word. Only the UK seems to have any left.

• Like 1

It certainly seems that it is true, both the big US stores being Tower and Amain were both unable to meet full demand. I guess there is still speculation that a team/worlds car may be released due to the new chassis being pre-drilled for a stealth transmission, and also the fact that there are black anodized spares available as well.

With this kit being such a limited run, AE has actually made this release a very collectible item, and perhaps more exclusive than the plethora of original cars out there. Not sure if I think that is a good thing or not, based on me being in the hobby for the hobby, not for the $$$, having said that I did buy 2 kits, 1 to build, 1 to keep NIB.

• Like 2

With this kit being such a limited run, AE has actually made this release a very collectible item, and perhaps more exclusive than the plethora of original cars out there. Not sure if I think that is a good thing or not, based on me being in the hobby for the hobby, not for the $$$, having said that I did buy 2 kits, 1 to build, 1 to keep NIB.

yeah i'm sure the speculators will be selling these for $500 soon. but for me i just like having a NIB in addition to a runner or shelfer. originally i was a stickler for vintage NIB's but i had to sell off a bunch to free up some funds and found i could keep 3-4 re-re NIB's for each original i let go. so that's been my MO lately. save the NIBs to build with my son when he's old enough. so keeping this RC10 NIB actually falls right into that framework for me. glad i got one and didn't hold off...

So what stores have rc10s in stock? I was gonna ask for one for Christmas, but if the price gets inflated, I'll get an egress instead.

Past 24 hrs Tower & a few others in US let loose some kits but not sure if these were later stock delivered or just released from being trapped their system.

All sold out within the hour i hear.