Toykid

RC10 original gold pan re-release - RCCA july 2013

The body on the gold pan don't fit too well .

You would have thought that would have been sorted on the released version !.

O-Well hope the worlds car is better fit .

The body on the gold pan don't fit too well .

You would have thought that would have been sorted on the released version !.

O-Well hope the worlds car is better fit .

It's never been a great fit at the rear shock tower - you can retain more of the shoulder flare over the rear tower by mounting the shocks to the outboard holes - better for the looks and fitment, not necessarily the best position for racing though.

This is my original team car, but with fibrelyte CF towers. You have no chance of mounting the shocks further inboard without losing the shoulders of the shell..

IMG_0013_zpsbfda1f66.jpg

I managed slightly better with the second team car, using original AE tower, slightly more shoulder removed..

IMG_0004_zps9c8a245d.jpg

• Like 1

It's helps to cut down the wing tubes a bit. This allows the body to sit flush with the top of the shock tower

Realize that the RC10 was a racers buggy that needed a bit of tweaking to make it perfect. People who didn't have the skills to perfect it bought Tamiya's instead

Picked up my Worlds Car kit today, looking forward to the build (in the cue it goes)

• Like 3

And here is one World's Car, minus electronics. The shock bottom arrived today!!!

20140410_145026_zpsiqcipxm0.jpg

• Like 3

Where did you get yours from Kym???

Mark I got mine from my LHS, RCHobbyzone (rchobbyzone.com.au) I'm lucky enough to receive support from them for my 1/8 offroad racing, so they are kind enough to extend that support to me with any other purchases I make. Its also where I got my 2 classics from
  • Like 2

And here is one World's Car, minus electronics. The shock bottom arrived today!!!

20140410_145026_zpsiqcipxm0.jpg

Looks great, I'm digging the contrast between the white and black parts.

Me too. Wish they would have thrown the white wheels in the kit rather than the yellows.

• Like 1

Me too. Wish they would have thrown the white wheels in the kit rather than the yellows.

Speaking of, what wheels are these? Pin drive and that offset, to get white wheels should I be looking for Thunder Tiger Phoenix wheels or something else?

B4 fronts and RC10 2.2 3/16th rears is what you need. Pretty standard AE stuff usually found at most hobby places.

• Like 2

B4 fronts and RC10 2.2 3/16th rears is what you need. Pretty standard AE stuff usually found at most hobby places.

Excellent, Cheers

Excellent, Cheers

& at this point he's heading back to the hobby shop to get them rim's :P ...
  • Like 1

Local mobs seem to be asking A$380-400 for their stock of Worlds kits.

Think I'll wait.... no rush, right? It's unlimited edition... :P

Realize that the RC10 was a racers buggy that needed a bit of tweaking to make it perfect. People who didn't have the skills to perfect it bought Tamiya's instead

methinks kids of yesteryear were less whingey than these days :)
  • Like 3

Started my build tonight, basically to see how the top shaft and stealth is, mines good, seems our Australian stock got good top shafts. Happy :)

• Like 2

Started my build tonight, basically to see how the top shaft and stealth is, mines good, seems our Australian stock got good top shafts. Happy :)

:lol: good excuse i think :P ... O-well you might as well keep going .

So do you have all the parts ?. Or did you even do a parts check .

• Like 1

:lol: good excuse i think :P ... O-well you might as well keep going .

So do you have all the parts ?. Or did you even do a parts check .

Didn't do a parts check, will just find out as I go

Didn't do a parts check, will just find out as I go

I have just opened mine & it does not have tyres ? So we have too get our own ?.

That don't matter , just wondering as it seems odd . :D

I have just opened mine & it does not have tyres ? So we have too get our own ?.

That don't matter , just wondering as it seems odd . :D

Thats correct mate, AE released this kit to be raced, so didn't include tyres to keep the price lower, as different tracks require different tyre patterns and compounds

WOOHOO !!!

Will be using one for racing ..

b439a13e2884d7ec3abc165ccb983cb1_zpsf0bf

• Like 2

Thats correct mate, AE released this kit to be raced, so didn't include tyres to keep the price lower, as different tracks require different tyre patterns and compounds

Hay mate , did you get team associated world champion r/c cars Gift certificate ?