Toykid

RC10 original gold pan re-release - RCCA july 2013

I am going to guess:

1. Made in china

2. Not limited

3. Full parts back up

James.

That's what I'd like to hear. I guess the "Made In America" logo would vanish off the box though. <_<

I love being wrong... Now, AE, make it a kit. Not only that, but ONLY a kit. If the Traxxas bashers want to join in on the fun, building it themselves is the price of admission.

• Like 3

I'm officially a member of RC10talk now. :)

It makes so much sense for companies to do this kind of thing because, speaking from a personal point of view, I am now about to take a lot more interest in Associated as a company and will probably start getting involved in their modern stuff too. When a company delivers like this and shows that it cares about it's history & potential new customer base then that in itself instantly generates a bond and promotes loyalty. Are you watching, Kyosho?

I love being wrong... Now, AE, make it a kit. Not only that, but ONLY a kit. If the Traxxas bashers want to join in on the fun, building it themselves is the price of admission.

I like your style of thinking. :)

Hmmm, Kyosho re-release of the Turbo scoprion - sign me up. Then I wouldn't have to stress so much about running mine in the sea ;)

img50_25112008043657_1.jpg

Agreed. These will be gone before they even hit the stores. No messing about here, blink and you will miss it.

Agreed. These will be gone before they even hit the stores. No messing about here, blink and you will miss it.

I don't think it will be THAT limited. They're not going to go through all the trouble of re-tooling everything to make 1000, or even 10000. My guess is that it will be limited in time, 6 months or a year or something, and not in number.

But before it comes out, I plan to pick off one or two originals from ebay for cheap. I already have a couple of Stealth-transmission cars, but I always wanted a 6 gear.

I don't think it will be THAT limited. They're not going to go through all the trouble of re-tooling everything to make 1000, or even 10000. My guess is that it will be limited in time, 6 months or a year or something, and not in number.

But before it comes out, I plan to pick off one or two originals from ebay for cheap. I already have a couple of Stealth-transmission cars, but I always wanted a 6 gear.

I hope you are right as I was planning on getting them for Xmas. To be honest though I won't be taking the chance and will just have to fork out immediately.

How many do we think they will make?

Phew - I can relax if that is the case, I hope so.

I hope you are right as I was planning on getting them for Xmas. To be honest though I won't be taking the chance and will just have to fork out immediately.

How many do we think they will make?

Oh, I have my credit card standing at the ready, if the price is right. My wife will kill me, but maybe I can convince her it can be both Xmas and birthday gifts this year.

At the very least, I'll order a couple of sets of wheels and tires as soon as they're available.

All eyes on TowerHobbies for the announcement of the pre-order :)

They missed a trick not having it timed to the news today.

James.

Kinda stole Tamiya's thunder though... "Finally, the one you've been waiting for... the Fox!... what? Oh. Never mind."

Kinda stole Tamiya's thunder though... "Finally, the one you've been waiting for... the Fox!... what? Oh. Never mind."

They should try and claim some commission from AE in a "If it wasn't for us testing the water with this new niche then you never would have dared do this" kind of way. :)

very happy to see this car new in a box again
and thanks Dan for getting those cool pictures, wish I could of come with you :)

I really, *really* hope that they step up their instruction manuals from the paltry state that is their current lineup. I mean, I'm still going to buy the RC10 re-re but as paying customer I'm alowed to gripe B) RC18 kit manual is pretty much worthless, more like a few pages of exploded views.

Schumacher still around? Is there anough interest for them to put out a Cat re-release? I'd probably buy one... :wacko:

I really, *really* hope that they step up their instruction manuals from the paltry state that is their current lineup. I mean, I'm still going to buy the RC10 re-re but as paying customer I'm alowed to gripe B) RC18 kit manual is pretty much worthless, more like a few pages of exploded views.

Schumacher still around? Is there anough interest for them to put out a Cat re-release? I'd probably buy one... :wacko:

Have you ever seen the original RC10 instruction book? Left side: block of typewritten text. Right side: photos with hand-drawn arrows and part numbers. It's a thing of beauty. Not as beginner-friendly as Tamiya's instructions, but contains a lot more information about why something needs to be done a certain way. If they simply re-print that manual, it would be fine with me... if not, I will build my re-re from a download of it.

Have you ever seen the original RC10 instruction book? Left side: block of typewritten text. Right side: photos with hand-drawn arrows and part numbers. It's a thing of beauty. Not as beginner-friendly as Tamiya's instructions, but contains a lot more information about why something needs to be done a certain way. If they simply re-print that manual, it would be fine with me... if not, I will build my re-re from a download of it.

Nope, never ever seen an original manual. Only things I built from the era were tamiya and kyosho. If its as you say, it'll be fine. If it's like the RC18 T2/B2.. Ugh. :lol: And I'll beg you for a pdf of the original manual!

The RC18 isn't really representative of what AE is famous for. If you have ever built a RC10 B4 or any of their other "proper" kits you will see they do have great instructions. I would say that the smaller ready to run models from AE are not developed by the core team that is responsible for their championship winning kits.

It wouldn't surprise me if an entirely different part if the company produce those smaller RTR's.

James.