Sign in to follow this  
Shaggy39

Tlt drive issue

Hi all

After finishing the tlt about 2 months ago I finally gave it a proper run today around the garden. I was literally running for about 5mins (just over grass and decking) when I seem to lose drive.

I picked it up and revved it and the wheels turned (well I think the back turned faster than front) but when I put it back on the ground it would move but drive train was spinning.

Took front and rear axles off and opened up centre part of chassis that houses drive train and every seemed ok. Motor turns, spur turns, belt turns and diff turns.

I know that the tlt diff style drivetrain are not supposed to be the best but I thought that issue centred around belt popping off or slipping which is not the problem I've got because as I say the whole drivetrain seems to working.

I tightened up the diff bolt (it was pretty tight anyway) and will try it again when it's all back together meanwhile any suggestions as to what it can be?

I bet the centre diff is slipping. I used to get this a lot with mine, gave up trying to adjust and tighten it all the time and locked it - no more problems :)

Cheers for that, yep you are spotted on! Sorted it now. Does anyone know of a step by step guide to fitting the stampede gearbox?