Big Duke 6

Carisma 959

Does the 959 have droop settings on the suspension arms?

No, the arms do have holes you could put grub screws in, but there is nothing but air under the holes, so no way to adjust it.

Does it come with CVDs one drove line and axles or dog bones?

12mm Hex. That surprised me lol. Only found out after I checked when I saw your post. Here are some body off shots.

20140311_104555_zpskkdmxcxj.jpg

20140311_104615_zpsty2i4kem.jpg

20140311_104823_zpsezs9obmb.jpg

That is surprising. Makes replacement wheels and tyres a bit tricky.. I guess 1/10 scale buggy?

Does the front of the chassis have a kick up like most buggies or is it flat?

Good.. Will make it more tuneable on Tarmac.

It's sleeker and more proportionate than the DRX

It's very much so more proportionate than the DRX. I love my DRX, but it is very boxy. Hopefully I'll get to run it Sunday, weather permitting. It appears to be more tarmac oriented, but should do OK on flat dirt. The tires don't seem to be good for dirt, but we'll see. For what I paid for it, it should be a fun, good looking car for cruising around the neighborhood with. I'll post up a video too. I feel like I've got my moneys worth just staring at it these few days. It is REALLY good looking lol. Now, if only Tamiya would re-re their 959......

I used to have the inferno GT which was a caricature of a GT.. Then I updated to inferno gt2, which is more scale. Kyosho seemed to have lost interest in updating with new chassis and bodies so I sold it and picked up a TRF801x and converted it to brushless on road. I raced it in a GT8 class hoping someone else would do a conversion and we could develop the track set up.. Unfortunately everyone else seemed to do Losi E8ght conversion. Later a few guys showed up with converted slashes to on road, running 2S and were just as fast as the 1/8 brushless. Then Tamiya gave up on the 801 series and I went back and forth on to sell or not to sell.

Well Sunday I finally placed my 801GT on fleebay.. It's already bid up over $200.. I'm hoping it will hit $400.. That way I can pick this one up and out some money back in my pocket lol.

I would like to see Tamiya come up with an 1/8 on road belt drive platform..

In the meantime this scale looking Carsima will do just fine

• Like 1

Ok, so it runs fine. The stock radio is rubbish, but I figured it would be. The tires surprised me, they work decently for all around fun. Enjoy the video!

• Like 1

Wow . That looks quite a capable runner. Add some rally lamps ( Tamiya Lancia 037 ? ) and it would look as if it's entered The Safari Rally .

• Like 1

Even more amazing than the Carisma was that video and the setting - I think: forget the rally lights; it already looked like it was taking part in the Safari Rally!

• Like 1

i just have a soft spot for Rally Lamps at the moment Grastens ;)

• Like 1

i just have a soft spot for Rally Lamps at the moment Grastens ;)

Well and truly understood - I was making a note more about the excellent setting of the video, but of course rally lights just look awesome!

Looking again at the photos of the chassis, the tires feature a very nice tread pattern.

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind words on the setting. I live in Colorado, and that's the bike path behind my house lol. I'm truly amazed at the wonderful terrain I have to play with here in CO. Just about any spot that is not covered in concrete here in Colorado Springs is amazing for RC due to the high desert type vegetation. My crawlers and scalers have wonderful sandstone and red rock trails to play on, and for the off roaders, dirt as far as the eye can see. It's very similar to all the wonderful shots Seth takes in WY. My YouTube channel shows off just a few of my favorite spots in the videos, but just about any place here, you can pull off at some parking lot and have a great field next to it for RC. If you have time, use Google Maps and search for Palmer Park and Garden of the Gods in Colorado. Check out the pictures and you'll see what the terrain is like. On a side note, one of these days, I'm going to mount a GoPro on the front of my car (real car) and drive one of my RC's up Pikes Peak in front of it. That should make for either a great or horrible video. If only I had an Escudo body for that lol.

How crowded is Pikes Peak? If there is not a lot of traffic, it could happen; either way, an epic video idea!

Who knows - you could be the driver of the first Porsche 959 to climb Pikes Peak ;)

• Like 1

Depends on the day. Im sure a week day could work.

How crowded is Pikes Peak? If there is not a lot of traffic, it could happen; either way, an epic video idea!

Who knows - you could be the driver of the first Porsche 959 to climb Pikes Peak ;)

[threads merged]

Hello friends...can anyone here share their experiences with Carisma vehicles (good or bad)? I do have one of their body shells and am pleased with it, but don't know much about their complete vehicles.

In my search for a Porsche 959, I stumbled across this at modelsport UK....

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/carisma-m48s-porsche-959-brushless-rtr/rc-car-products/380238

At first I thought of just purchasing the body, but it is 1/8th scale, and I don't have an 1/8th scale chassis I can put it on. The complete RTR is reasonable in price, just don't know the quality of these vehicles. Maybe I can pick up a TRF 801, make it brushless, and put this body on it. But I don't know the dimensions of either.

Any help/opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

On a side note...

See what you're making me do Tamiya..I may possibly defect to another brand of RC because you won't re-release an icon! :/

At first I thought of just purchasing the body, but it is 1/8th scale, and I don't have an 1/8th scale chassis I can put it on..... ......Maybe I can pick up a TRF 801, make it brushless, and put this body on it. But I don't know the dimensions of either.

Any help/opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I doubt a TRF801 is much use to you.

801X buggy has 320-327mm wheelbase and 307mm width

801xt truggy has 373-375mm wheelbase and 428mm width

Carism M48S 959 is wuoted at 280mm wheelbase and 231mm width