TA-Mark

Tamiya's New Release TBLE-02 60A Sensored ESC.

Had anyone else noticed the TBLE-02 (#45057) 60A release at this years hobby show? It looks like a budget version of the TBLE-01. TamiyaUSA.

Priced pretty good too for a sensored system.

~$50 for the ESC

~$65 for one of the compatible 14T, 16T or 18T TBLM motors (about the right range for most of the basic Tamiya's and vintage re-res). $115 for a sensored 'combo' is quite affordable.

One thing I did notice when looking around at information on it, that there is still no low voltage cut off for Li-Po (6.0v), but only for Li-FE (5.0v). Shame... could have been a good competition to the EX-Run (and similar) full size 540 sensored systems.

TBLM motors I think go down to 12 turns. The only thing that leaves me skeptical about this ESC is the fact they say it's only compatible down to a sport-tuned brushed motor. This says the continuous amperage is more like 20A (ie 101BK), rather than a true 60A. It does "look" nice though, and sells for around $45us on ebay. Of course for that price I would probably rather take a chance on a Turnigy 120a Turbo ESC.

Tamiya-Fahrtregler-ESC-TBLE-02S.jpg

LiFe cutoff = no sale to me. Also, aren't the motors with integer winds (14T, 16T, 18T) actually 380-size rotors/stators with 540-size cans? I thought the half winds (13.5T, 17.5T, etc.) were true 540-sized rotors/stators/cans.

#54272 is 10.5 turn sensored.

This helps with what Tamiya BL motors are what: Tamiya.com.

All Tamiya's BL motors are a 540 rotor in a 540 can. Still, the lack of a Li-Po cut off will prevent me from using them. Why Tamiya insist on the beta side of the 'beta vs VHS' battle of battery chemistry has me baffled. By the time I add in the price of an external cut off, and the shipping, I'm at the same price as a Castle basic system, which I can plug to the PC to program.

I'll stick with Hobbywing/Speedpassion thanks... :P Those motors are way overpriced too.

One of these had just arrived with my Neo Scorcher. Bit confused.

I'll stick with a Novak setup.. my Havok ESC/ SS13.5T motor is super fun and has lipo cut off! Traded a $110 Castle 10.5T setup for it!

Lack of lipo cuttoff is super-fail. Even us Tamiya-heads aren't interested. :(

One of these had just arrived with my Neo Scorcher. Bit confused.

Are you sure you didn't get a TEU-105BK which looks similar?

• Like 1

Don't take my thoughts for granted, since the following are just assumptions:

- GT Tuned could be OK, since this motor is also approved for the TEU-101BK/-104BK/105BK.

- Super Stock RZ/BZ/TZ is most likely way too much, the speed controller may go into overheat protection mode and will switch itself off temporarily.

finally got around to plugging in a TBLE02S, T's latest ESC supplied in plastic RC kits

got 2 arrived here, found both had their bags restapled... probably to add-in a little note

"45057 Sensor Cable Notice (11054677)" saying you have to buy the TBLE-01S sensor cable

separately for use with brushless motors, choice of 4 lengths from 12cm to 35cm

Given that its supplied in kits with a brushed motor, you'd think its plug-n-play... its not.

Plugged in to power... it flashed red & green on its single LED. Did nothing.

Decided to read the manual. :)

Instead of other companies usual "Quickstart setup"... had to read past 1st page & onto 2nd

for to how to setup ESC to your radio gear, section handily labelled "High Point Setup" - huh?!

hmm... still flashing red/green :ph34r:

Only in tiny corner of graphic on 1st page does it tell how to hook it up to a brushed motor

(if you're too lazy to read, LEAVE THE ORANGE BL MOTOR WIRE UNCONNECTED :P )

Fine, did that.

It still did nothing. <_<

Read manual some more... 3/4 down the 2nd page of pretty darned fine print...

sounded like you've gotta CHANGE MOTOR MODE to "brushed".

that done... ok it now works ^_^

the 'SET' button is also very stiff & hard to press, if you use anything too sharp it'll dent the label

plus the button is set so darned close to the 'LED' your (ok my fat) finger obscures the vital 1 LED

Gets my vote as "least noobie-friendly gadget of 2014".

No mention of low-voltage cutoff (other than under 'Troubleshooting')

or if LVC is settable/switchable.

Also no mention of unsensored brushless capability.

I assume not, as it won't work with sensor cable unconnected.

• Like 2

It's pretty smooth driving the brushed Torque Tuned. :)

None of that high pitch TEU whine at low speeds.

The 6V 1.5A BEC is also keeping up with thirsty

torquey servo demands without brownouts (so far)

Haha, it took me 4 tries to get mine set up on my NovaFox and I'd like to think I know what I'm doing (said in a Finnish voice!). Once I did get it, I now know how to do it again. It is really fiddly to set up, but as Willy said, it's pretty smooth once it's going. I don't mind the not having an LVC as I have a few LiPo LVC warning units I got from ValueHobby for cheap. They are loud, you just need a place to Velcro them on the chassis.

Thanks Willy, I almost threw my TT02 out of the garage this morning. Will have another go with your additions after work!

Are we sure this doesnt work with sensorless motors?

Arrggggghhhhh, I am trying to get this thing to work with my FJ Cruiser, and I must (sorry Mr. T), say that this is the worst c... I have tried for a long time, or sorry, what I mean, it is not so easy to set up!! Fortunately I had a NIP 105 esc.

I have one of these, came from a GF01. I am hoping that this would be a good cheap solution for a slightly faster DB01 and longer run. Thinking of using a 10.5t tblm. I am willing to live up with the hard to setup. The 10.5t tblm is the same price as a esc + motor combo of cheaper brand such as hobbyking x-car, hobbywing + yeah racing motor.

Is the tble 02 and tblm 10.5t better for the same price as the HK cheap combos?

finally got around to plugging in a TBLE02S, T's latest ESC supplied in plastic RC kits

got 2 arrived here, found both had their bags restapled... probably to add-in a little note

"45057 Sensor Cable Notice (11054677)" saying you have to buy the TBLE-01S sensor cable

separately for use with brushless motors, choice of 4 lengths from 12cm to 35cm

Given that its supplied in kits with a brushed motor, you'd think its plug-n-play... its not.

Plugged in to power... it flashed red & green on its single LED. Did nothing.

Decided to read the manual. :)

Instead of other companies usual "Quickstart setup"... had to read past 1st page & onto 2nd

for to how to setup ESC to your radio gear, section handily labelled "High Point Setup" - huh?!

hmm... still flashing red/green :ph34r:

Only in tiny corner of graphic on 1st page does it tell how to hook it up to a brushed motor

(if you're too lazy to read, LEAVE THE ORANGE BL MOTOR WIRE UNCONNECTED :P )

Fine, did that.

It still did nothing. <_<

Read manual some more... 3/4 down the 2nd page of pretty darned fine print...

sounded like you've gotta CHANGE MOTOR MODE to "brushed".

that done... ok it now works ^_^

the 'SET' button is also very stiff & hard to press, if you use anything too sharp it'll dent the label

plus the button is set so darned close to the 'LED' your (ok my fat) finger obscures the vital 1 LED

Gets my vote as "least noobie-friendly gadget of 2014".

No mention of low-voltage cutoff (other than under 'Troubleshooting')

or if LVC is settable/switchable.

Also no mention of unsensored brushless capability.

I assume not, as it won't work with sensor cable unconnected.

I just gave up and nipped out and bought an HPI ESC for £25 that's waterproof and much better in my opinion... :D

K

I set mine up for a silver can in 2 mins. My only complaint is the setup button has no feel. I used a wooden golf tee.

• Like 1

I still cant get mine to work! Just flashes green and red, and the set button has no response when I press it, think its faulty might just revert back to getting the tamiya TEU105BK!

Interestingly these seem to be surfacing on US eBay for around $20, clearly parts of a kit that would otherwise be discarded. At that price they're a pretty good deal...

How do fella,s , after reading some of the comment's on the new ESC I was ready to flog it before it arrived , but I gave it a go anyway, it is doddle to set up and adjust , in operation it is typical Tamiya , smooth and gets the job done so well you just forget about it and have a blast.

I do wish it was lipo ready but I may get some LiFe packs,

Waterproofing would be good too .

For an included esc in such a cheap kit it simply is superb.

Has anybody determined for sure if this will / won't work with a sensorless motor? I've got a TBLM-01 16T sensorless motor and am trying to determine which ESC is appropriate.

This is what I've got, but in 16t rather than 18t. http://www.tamiyausa.com/items/radio-control-parts-70/radio-control-electronics-28000/rc-tamiya-brushless-motor-01-54181

The specs on the site above call out a Tamiya Part # for the right ESC but that number brings back no results on the TamiyaUSA website. :blink:

The TBLM-01S seems to be for sensored only? I don't see a TBLM-01 for sensorless motors though.

Confused now.