TA-Mark

Tamiya's New Release TBLE-02 60A Sensored ESC.

I couldn't get this working with a hobbywing sensor less motor.

I think I just found the TBLM-01: http://www.tamiyausa.com/items/radio-control-parts-70/radio-control-electronics-28000/tble-01-brushless-esc-01-45038

Looks like the specs and manual for the 18t motor list the ESC with the numbers transposed. Tamiya part # 45038 not 54038. Pretty rare mistake for TamiyaUSA I think and easy enough to do.

So, it looks like the TBLE-02 will not work with sensorless motors? Probably need to buy the TLBM-01 then.

the tble-02 s('S' denotes sensored only, ) will work with any sensored motor so you are not limited to just tamiya motors , i have tried a trinity epic duo2 10.5 , hk x-car 10.5 , trackstar 13.5 and powers 15.5 sensored motors and they all worked a charm ,

a note on set up, to select functions you must let go of the set button when the chosen led colour is displayed,

brushed/brushless selection ,you must push the set button while the selected led is lit , press when green for brushed , orange for brushless , press set button after selection and then the LED's will flash to show your current set up, refer to the diagram for the flash patterns

:)

I am having a bit of a headache trying to set this esc up with a speed passion 13.5t.

The motor came with a sensor cable but after I set it up it just flashes red/green, which stipulates either brushed mode or sensor cable disconnected, it isn't in brushed mode so going to pick up another sensor cable from LHS.

This is my first sensored setup.

Also ordered a Speed Passion reventon esc just in case... <_<

I am having a bit of a headache trying to set this esc up with a speed passion 13.5t.

The motor came with a sensor cable but after I set it up it just flashes red/green, which stipulates either brushed mode or sensor cable disconnected, it isn't in brushed mode so going to pick up another sensor cable from LHS.

This is my first sensored setup.

Also ordered a Speed Passion reventon esc just in case... <_<

hi Berman, it sounds like you may still have the esc in brushed mode , when you first switch on the esc what colour is the led ?

Orange. When I turn the esc on, it has the green and red light together (indicating orange).

I have set it up numerous times: turn on with button pressed, red -> green -> orange back to red (click setup button on orange).

Led flashes orange -> green -> orange press setup when orange,

Led flashes orange -> press setup once more.

Esc arms and flashes orange, then goes directly to red/green flashes alternately.

This is what made me think the sensor cable was faulty, picked up a sensor cable from LHS and no different.

I am worried I bought a dud motor but I have no other sensored escs to check it with.

Thanks Alfa :) I appreciate your help anyway mate!

I went to see a crawler mate and we plugged the motor into a castle mamba max pro and it ran fine, with his and my sensor cable. I tried the new sensor cable from LHS with the TBLE 02S and no dice. I have the throttle reversed as per instructions.

All other settings are 100% and no extras. It works fine with brushed...

Sometimes it will blink red/green straight after it arms, sometimes it will take throttle input (forward or reverse) to blink red/green.

I will have another go today...

Cheers Neil

The sensor port is quite tight on the esc, just check the cable is seated properly. I have had the rapid flashing lights and then just used a thin driver to push the cable in the little bit further.

Thanks guys. I got a brand new speed passsion reventon on the weekend, it wont run in sensor mode even with a new cable, must be the second hand motor then. Think I will be sending it back to the previous owner.

Thanks guys. I got a brand new speed passsion reventon on the weekend, it wont run in sensor mode even with a new cable, must be the second hand motor then. Think I will be sending it back to the previous owner.

Hi folks I got one of these TBLE 02S with the Tamiya Unimog I just bought. I want to use oit with a Spektrum Dx4 I have just aquired as part of a RTF plane I bought. Now to my question, after several attempts I managed to change it to recognise the brushed motor set-up and got it going forwards with the brake function if I pull the stick back. However no mater how many times I go through the set up I cannot get reverse to work. I know from my trucks that you normally have to go from forward to brake and only then do you get reverse. However with this set up nothing... The only thing I have not done is reversed the throttle channel as if I did it would not be good for my plane. Help..... :blink:

Wish I could help, sorry.

I have another question to add on, actually:

I've been away from the hobby for a while, but now have a re-release Hornet that came with this ESC. Whenever I plug in a battery and turn on the switch, the controller flashes green and beeps while flashing. Any ideas what this means? I looked through the manual, but still have no clue. The batteries are old, but fully charged.

Funny, local hobby store here in NZ sold me the sensor-less motor to go with this ESC. After reading the box of the motor I decided not to even try and install it and took it back, so I'm using the ESC in brushed mode with the stock silver can 540. It's soooooo much louder than the 105 and makes some odd noises. Is this normal? Seems to run fine...