Sign in to follow this  
Kenny G

Fixing the Bruiser front track width...for freeeeeee!

So I realized a long time dream this spring and got a Bruiser, albeit a re-release. It took a lot of saving, that being said I had nothing left over for the custom parts I wanted. The build was awesome, wish it could have lasted longer.

The thing about the Bruiser is I never actually saw one in person until I got mine. I was aware of the different widths of the axles, but I didn't foresee that it would bug me so much. I know it's part of the quirky charm of the Bruiser, but alas I had to find a solution to either widen the front or narrow the rear. I didn't want cut up the rear axle so much. I really wanted to get the Rc4wd Bruiser Truescale wheels especially since they correct the narrow front axle issue. I don't have and extra $130 to unload :(

I started to look around my house and found an unlikely source for some front spacers

DSCN4102_zps97dd0756.jpg

I got the black spacers form this flexi pipe. This pipe was left over from when I redid my water heater. The spacers are almost perfect. And by perfect I mean I had to stretch the shizam out of them to get them to fit.

DSCN4093_zps42287d33.jpg

DSCN4092_zps6fa29d28.jpg

Had to use some longer wheel screws, they were actually too long.

DSCN4098_zpscaababbe.jpg

Drilled out the center so I could attach the diecast hub to the wheel and then attach the whole wheel at once. I had to "true" the wheels. I'm not sure this mod would handle heavy use, but for the shelf looks just fine.

DSCN4097_zps2c942b27.jpg

DSCN4099_zps51350080.jpg

My Disney jack

DSCN4100_zpsa69f5464.jpg

Nice ad wide.

DSCN4105_zps58c74de0.jpg

I think it's about 1mm off

DSCN4106_zpse86cfc0d.jpg

Not bad for free.

Luvvly jubbly - cool mod B) btw , where has the 'shizam' gone to ?

Thanks!

Did the 'shizam' scram?