Sign in to follow this  
yogi-bear

Nichimo Manual help please

Hi all,

I recently purchased and early model Nichimo, the chassis is very similar to the early Tamiya Porsche 58001 and 58002 kits. Its chassis only and a bit of internet searching has shown that there were a number of different body version available - A Pantera, Corvette, BMW M1, a Mazda, a Lancia Stratos and a Porsche 935.

These cars seem to be very rare and there is very little information available on the net about them. The wheels make me think it was the Porsche 935 version. The chassis looks to be pretty much complete but a little battered and porsche body from the Tamtech range should fit. However what would be nice if I could get hold of a manual. I'd be happy with just a scan. I am particularly interested in the gearbox as the one I have doesn't look right. The underneath guard is on the opposite side to the gears. Plus the differential doesn't feel right. So if anyone can help out with a scan from a manual of one of these cars, it would be greatly appreciated,

Nichimo_935_Porsche_low_1.jpg

regards

Johann

The wheels suggest Porsche 935. Tamiya Tamtech bodies will fit, perhaps needing an alternative to the huge wiper speed controller !

Did youhave any success finding a manual ?

The wheels suggest Porsche 935. Tamiya Tamtech bodies will fit, perhaps needing an alternative to the huge wiper speed controller !

Did youhave any success finding a manual ?

Hi Percymon,

yeah, I agree wheels suggest a Porsche 935. No luck with a manual yet, I see on Tamiyabase you have the Europa? Any chance you got the manual as well :D hint hint

In my vintage cars I like to run new gear, but for this one I think I might repair the original speed controller. I'm tempted to get the tamtech 935 Porsche kit and use the body, and put another body on the remaining chassis,

regards

Johann

Hi Percymon,

yeah, I agree wheels suggest a Porsche 935. No luck with a manual yet, I see on Tamiyabase you have the Europa? Any chance you got the manual as well :D hint hint

In my vintage cars I like to run new gear, but for this one I think I might repair the original speed controller. I'm tempted to get the tamtech 935 Porsche kit and use the body, and put another body on the remaining chassis,

regards

Johann

Europa is not mine - I've asked Johnny Retro for a copy of his manual, I'll let you know if I have any success ;)

I've ordered some Tamtech Porsche wheels n tyres, not sure how compatible they will be , but I can only try ;)

I can't be certain which model mine started as - it hass black 5 spoke wheels with Dunlop tures, so I think its most likely the Pantera (even though the boxart shows gold wheels the kit was black as far as I can tell).

That Pantera body looks pretty good - might be a cheaper option - the Tamtech Porsche body sets seem to be coming in around 30euros +shipping although the factory painted ones are under 50euro so begs the question whether its worth the time and effort. With paint another 10 euros its hardly worth painting yourself for the sake of another 10 euros !

Glad you got the manual scans OK - let the fun begin, will get some pics of mine up tomorrow.

Its surprising how many different variants Nichimo made - Porsche 935, BMW M1, Lotus Europa, Mazda RX7, Pantera, Stratos and a Corvette are what I've found so far.

I guess its overall its cheaper to buy a pre-painted body, but thats not as much fun :D

I can get the tamtech porsche 935 as a complete kit for around $120UAD delivery, whereas a body only is at least $50 delivered, so in this case I'll get the complete kit and use the porsche body. The chassis I will put on it an Otaki Countach body I have, it should fit.

I'm kicking myself - 3 months ago i binned a Porsche 935 hard body from a Taiyo type toy - it was 1/12th, was nicotine stained and had a clear lens missing in the front bumper. Grrr, i want it back :lol:

yeah, I think we all have regrets of things we've let go. My worst basically giving away the 40 odd star wars figurines I'd collected to a friend. My second is attaching rocket engines to my Celica LB Turbo and smashing it to bits, which is also one of the most fun things I've done!