BigSteve

Vintage HotShot Parts Compatibility.

Hi all I've bagged myself an original hotshot that's in need of a new chassis. My question is are the parts from a re re hotshot compatible/interchangeable with a vintage hotshot.

Steve.

• Like 1

never had a re re mate but i think they will fit , well most of em anyways

never had a re re mate but i think they will fit , well most of em anyways

I need to replace the chassis,body,wing and find some decals. I should have spares for other bits and pieces left over from my re re boomerang build.

Steve.

• Like 1

Hi Steve,

The body, wing mechanism box, and mechanism deck are all interchangeable. A nice to have is the mechanism deck aluminium cover plate and body mount for the shell, but it will stay on without it.

did you find a chassis cover plate steve ?? i dont have one sorry :( maybe someone else here can help ?

did you find a chassis cover plate steve ?? i dont have one sorry :( maybe someone else here can help ?

Not yet my friend. I would prefer to use a re re hotshot chassis for my restore instead of a vintage one because I intend to run it and it would be handy to be able to access the radio gear.

Steve.

i have sent you some links and info in a pm mate , dont know if you got it ?

shaun

Hi Steve,

The body, wing mechanism box, and mechanism deck are all interchangeable. A nice to have is the mechanism deck aluminium cover plate and body mount for the shell, but it will stay on without it.

By any chance, will the front re-re gearbox casing fit a vintage Big Wig buggy?

Bigwig front and rear gearboxes are identical to Hotshot/Boomerang, they will fit perfectly

Bigwig front and rear gearboxes are identical to Hotshot/Boomerang, they will fit perfectly

Most certainly, but what about the re-re Hot Shot gearbox?

Yes the re-re gearbox will also fit, but the vintage gearboxes (front or rear) were designed to use the dreaded C-clips. The re-re gearboxes use thicker E-clips and different gearbox joints. Ive read of other TC members using very thin E-clips with vintage gearboxes, Ive never tried it myself but apparently it works. You cant use the Tamiya supplied E-clips from the re-re in vintage gearboxes they are too thick. Hope that clears everything up! :rolleyes: