23 minutes ago, VagabondStarJXF said:

Nice job on the decals. That nose sticker is the one decal that kept unsticking itself on my Striker. It's like that Edgar Allen Poe Raven... it just kept annoying me... coming unstuck... sticking it back down... coming unstuck on one corner... sticking it back down... then the other side... sticking it back down... ... ... ... ... ... ... :wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko: [goes to window and screams at the moon!]

But seriously, nice job! :) 

Try to glue it with some transparent nial polish for women. :D

Max

• Like 1

really glad this build thread got revived as I'd have missed it otherwise - stunning work Kontemax - just stunning

• Like 1

On 22/3/2017 at 4:09 PM, jonboy1 said:

really glad this build thread got revived as I'd have missed it otherwise - stunning work Kontemax - just stunning

Thank you very much.

Max

On ‎22‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 3:09 PM, jonboy1 said:

Jon have you got a Striker too? If so post it up, there can never be too much of this gorgeous car

no, never really loved it as much as some of the others, but I think like a lot of guys here, after seeing Kontemax's version, we are having our eyes opened to how good it can look

• Like 2

lol don't worry, when my possible pig ugly one arrives and gets stuck up here it will restore the balance ;)

• Like 1

Mine has landed, no doiubt I might re-read this entire thread if I decide to try and restore some of it.... not that I'm very skilled ;p

0kguYLZ.jpg

W7wCdwH.jpg

znatvMz.jpg

JQ8XttG.jpg

BfR9vn6.jpg

• Like 2

That looks like a great car you got there, should be a lot of fun.

There are loads of very talented and helpful souls here, so if you needed any help I'm sure you'll not go wanting for long 

• Like 1

Hi guys, can someone out there can provide me a link to download the manual for this Striker, I can normally find manuals online but not this  time, any help is appreciated.

2 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

Hi guys, can someone out there can provide me a link to download the manual for this Striker, I can normally find manuals online but not time, any help is appreciated.

It's in the TC manuals section dude. It might be the best or only way to get it. 

5 minutes ago, Supercoolnothing said:

It's in the TC manuals section dude. It might be the best or only way to get it. 

Ha I only use the forum section haven't looked around the rest of the site.. thanks I just found it, cheers.

On 28/3/2017 at 8:22 PM, Jason1145 said:

Mine has landed, no doiubt I might re-read this entire thread if I decide to try and restore some of it.... not that I'm very skilled ;p

znatvMz.jpg

Can't wait to see this restored.

Max

On ‎30‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 4:09 AM, kontemax said:

Can't wait to see this restored.

Max

Now now Max, don't be putting expectations on my little shoulders.

I just ordered the Black CRP Front bumper brace and some custom Striker decals from MCI Racing, I'm going for a black and gold themed Striker, sorry it won't be box art ;)

I also ordered a new Grasshopper 2 Re-re  kit just to get the new wheels and tyres, there's dedication for you.

Btw, my Striker is old, and yellowed, with sticker peel, and it stinks of........ well...... smells a little like *******! Lol.... maybe I shouldn't share that fact but it does stink..... ahhhh that's Tamiya history right there ;p

I'm going to remove the stickers, detach every part from the chassis and clean and scrub away before..... actually I've no idea how to do this so I will go back to page 1 of this very thread for some pointers ;p

One thing I noticed is the gearbox might be sticking.... when I spin one rear wheel the other rear wheel rotates in the same direction.... but if I then switch and rotate that wheel the other one does not move at all.... and pushing along the floor the wheels are kinda locked up and it takes some down force to get traction to make the wheels roll a bit.

This might be caused by the current old silvercan motor though being seized?

This is my main concern because I want this to be a runner first and foremost so it needs to work as intended.

I'll start my own thread soon and detail my trials and tribulations.

• Like 1

It might just be an over tightened wheel nut. I've done that with my Striker a few times over the many years and it has that kind of effect. Try taking off the rear wheels and doing the same test. If it isn't that, then it might be a seized/broken gear or the motor as you'd originally suspected. BTW I've snapped a few wheel hubs through over tightening the wheel nuts. Have you ordered a set of aluminium ones?

• Like 1

Hmmm, I'd investigate the motor first. If you remove that first that should narrow your fault finding area quite a bit.

You bought a complete re-re hopper 2 as a parts bin??!!! I am in the wrong trade :) I admire your commitment though - bravo!!

Give us a shout if you have any questions about painting/prepping the body.

looking forward to seeing more of this!!

• Like 1

On 31/03/2017 at 0:58 PM, VagabondStarJXF said:

It might just be an over tightened wheel nut. I've done that with my Striker a few times over the many years and it has that kind of effect. Try taking off the rear wheels and doing the same test. If it isn't that, then it might be a seized/broken gear or the motor as you'd originally suspected. BTW I've snapped a few wheel hubs through over tightening the wheel nuts. Have you ordered a set of aluminium ones?

Where do you get the aluminium wheel hubs from I'd be interested.

I took the rear wheels off and same effect.

On 31/03/2017 at 2:01 PM, jonboy1 said:

Hmmm, I'd investigate the motor first. If you remove that first that should narrow your fault finding area quite a bit.

You bought a complete re-re hopper 2 as a parts bin??!!! I am in the wrong trade :) I admire your commitment though - bravo!!

Give us a shout if you have any questions about painting/prepping the body.

looking forward to seeing more of this!!

Thanks Jon I'll ask away when the time comes... actually need to be brave and actually peel off the original decals gulp... what am I doing to a vintage car?!

On ‎31‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 2:42 PM, kontemax said:

Maybe too grease in the gearbox?

Max

I spent 5 mins on this tonight looking at it and then got the motor out, there was no pinion on the shaft lol so it wasn't the motor ;)

I see it has 2 different sized pinion holes, my manual linked to me and emailed byJonboy is too small when printed out I can't see page 12 ( or any page really) is it 16t and 19t pinions the gearbox accepts?

5 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

I see it has 2 different sized pinion holes, my manual linked to me and emailed by Scouser is too small when printed out I can't see page 12 ( or any page really) is it 16t and 19t pinions the gearbox accepts?

Striker uses 18T and 19T 0.8 module pinion gears.

Max

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

Where do you get the aluminium wheel hubs from I'd be interested.

I took the rear wheels off and same effect.

Sorry. I forgot to reply on my 3D thread...

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 5:52 AM, Jason1145 said:

Think I found the alloy hubs is it these?

http://www.pargustore.com/tamiya-fox-alloy-rear-wheels-hub.html

Yep. Those are the ones.

5 minutes ago, VagabondStarJXF said:

Sorry. I forgot to reply on my 3D thread...

Yep. Those are the ones.

Scchhwweeeeeeeeeeeet, that confirms the Fox wheels fit on the Striker too as the hubs are listed as FOX ;p

Ordering them now, thanks pal.

Falcon, Grasshopper 2, Striker and Wild One wheels share the same wheel adapters.

MAx