Sign in to follow this  
john893

bruiser best price and tower gold coupon?

Hello everyone. I'm pretty close to taking the plunge and buying a Bruiser. Tower currently has it for $750, with a $75 coupon. Is this the best deal/price, or does someone else have a better deal. Also can anyone use the tower told discount or does the email address have to match the offer code?

Thanks.

John

Tower discount should be $150 for a $750 purchase.

You have to order from the email address the discount code was sent to.

I get sent two different sets of codes a month, presumably because I am a super saver club member and one is because of this.

edit: Not sure if thats a gold member discount, pretty sure I am not a gold member purchasing 3 items in 5 years :lol:

Tower discount should be $150 for a $750 purchase.

You have to order from the email address the discount code was sent to.

I get sent two different sets of codes a month, presumably because I am a super saver club member and one is because of this.

edit: Not sure if thats a gold member discount, pretty sure I am not a gold member purchasing 3 items in 5 years :lol:

I think that must be due to your SS club status...my last two coupon emails from Tower topped out at $75 off a $600+ purchase.

If I were the OP wanting to buy a Bruiser, I'd definitely join the SS Club...

Gold member discounts are $105 for $700 and $120 for $800.

These are slightly better than their standard super saver club numbers. As of a few months ago, Tower raised most of their prices a few percent so you really need to join their "club" to get good prices. And need to buy a substantial amount of stuff to get to the second tier of codes...

I actually bought my Bruiser from a US ebay seller as I got a better price than Tower had at the time.

Stellamodels are $605 for the kit, then shipping which I'd imagine would keep the order uner $700?

Stella's shipping to the US is about $80 for that kit size.

I paid $642 + $30 shipping from a place in NY. Either way, its pretty easy to beat Tower's pricing on this one via a variety of vendors! :)

Hi guys. I'm gonna post this just for future reference in case others are searching for information about Tower's coupons.

This information is about USA customers only. Coupons are different for overseas customers. I do not have information about overseas coupons other than in the past they were better than the USA versions. You lucky sods.

Tower has three "levels" (for lack of a better term) of coupon codes for USA customers:

Level 1: Regular customer that is not a member of the Super Saver Club. Coupons vary month to month and are displayed on front page of website. Generally, these are the lowest savings percentage-wise. Sometimes free shipping is offered for orders greater than $99.

Level 2: Super Saver Club (SSC) member. Annual membership cost is $10 per year or $20 per year depending on how SSC promotional signup is priced. The coupon qualifying amounts and savings are always the same* and new coupon codes are sent via email twice each month. Coupon codes may only be used by Super Saver Club members. The discounts are as follows:

• Order more than $150 and shipping is free (automatically applied to any SSC order amount over $150 - no coupon required)
  • $15 off $100
  • $20 off $125
  • $25 off $150
  • $30 off $200
  • $35 off $225
  • $40 off $250
  • $50 off $300

* Starting in January 2011 some coupon amounts were adjusted lower than previous years (ex. $60 off $300 is now $50 off $300). The above coupon amounts reflect the current savings as of June 2013.

Level 3: Gold Preferred Plus (GPP). Once certain purchasing criteria have been met (exact details are not known), Tower will promote a customer to Gold Preferred Plus status for a limited amount of time. Presumably a certain dollar amount of products must be purchased within a certain time frame to qualify for GPP status. It is not known if the customer must be a SSC member in order to qualify for GPP status (anyone know for sure?). I am guessing there is no requirement to be a SSC member because the GPP email does not mention the free shipping for orders over $150 like the SSC coupon email does thus allowing for the possibility that the customer is GPP but not a SSC member (and thus no free shipping unless Level 1 has it active at the time of ordering). The duration of the promotion is one month ending on the last day of the month. Coupon codes are only usable by the email address that received the coupons. It is possible to be in Gold Preferred Plus status for multiple months in a row. The discounts are as follows as of June 2013:

• $60 off $400
  • $65 off $450
  • $75 off $500
  • $90 off $600
  • $105 off $700
  • $120 off $800
  • $135 off $900
  • $150 off $1000
  • $180 off $1200
  • $225 off $1500
  • $300 off $2000
  • $375 off $2500

So, for the current Bruiser price of $750,

• a SSC GPP member can purchase the kit for $750 - $105 = $645 with free shipping.
  • a SSC-only member can purchase the kit for $750 - $50 = $700 with free shipping.
  • a GPP-only member can purchase the kit for $750 - $105 = $645 with free shipping (because Level 1 has free shipping for orders over $99 until June 20 2013) = $645.

By the way, that's a great price. I paid $680 for mine, including GPP discount, last year. The price of the Bruiser has dropped considerably in the past month (was $810 last time I looked).

This information is about USA customers only. Coupons are different for overseas customers. I do not have information about overseas coupons other than in the past they were better than the USA versions. You lucky sods.

I replied to Johns email just now, stating what you had posted above, I think they were international savings I was on about. :(

Our Aussie comrades are the lucky ones, as they get the international and super saver club discounts, plus Customs wont look at them for anything under $1000,

anything over about $300 usd here in NZ and you can expect a letter for a $100+ tax fee. At the bottom of the barrel are our Brit friends, who get stung for anything even remotely smelling like a bargain.

So unfortunately it only really works for me on the cheaper stuff (like the $155USD Axial Exo I bought), unless you chance running the gauntlet and get away with it.

Most times I would rather just pay my money to Stella. It's competitively priced, superbly packaged, quickly shipped, and valued at whatever I need it to be :)

• Like 1