Origineelreclamebord

Subaru Blue: What backing colour for PS-16 (Metallic Blue)?

If you back with ps4 blue or black it gets a little darker. Maybe try some samples on scrap pc first.

Back it with white, you will obtain a brighter lighter metallic blue color.

Max

Digging this one up.

Anyone have more insight? Thanks.

I recommend you cut up , clean and dry some plastic soda clear bottles , and try it out on them - gives you an almost exact look at the final product- 

Larger bottles work better, but any size will do-

Enjoy! post some pictures maybe when you get it done?

• Like 3

If your PS-16 is sufficiently thick it makes no difference. Assuming it's a rally/touring car then you'll want to use the whole can.

One of these cars I backed with PS blue, the other three with PS silver. Can you tell which uses the blue?

img43050_1124201652545_3.jpg

img43050_101201614557_3.jpg

img43050_29202071517_3_1100_.jpg

img43050_372019102245_3.jpg

• Like 3

As @Truck Norris says, I've found the Tamiya Metallics to be nicely opaque by themselves. The only colour which seemed affected by a dark backing was PS15 Metallic Red.

As for the Subaru with blue backing...I have no idea. They all look the same, but that's the point I guess :lol:

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies. I have silver, bright silver, bright gun metal and white all at my disposal. I will do some tests. I figure I will use silver and finally a light coat of white.

@Truck Norris I can't tell which one is which. What I can tell is that they are all AWESOME! :o

I have a Bug Eyed Subaru same as photo #2 as per above that I took possession of second hand painted in PS-16 without backing.

My main race colours are PS-16 and PS-57 pearl white, which is also the backing colour.

The Subie has a darker and slightly 'dull' look compared to the shells backed with white.

White backing makes the blue more vibrant and brings out the metallic.

As per other suggestions, do some trials on soft drink bottles and find a combination that you prefer.

• Like 1