Truck 4x4x4

Two small nubs...

Hi,
There are too many clever people on eBay.
Click on the links below, and tell us what you see:
If you check the pics with attention, you'll note that the chassis is the same.
Before he tried to sell (3 or 4 times) the chassis alone as "used". After he sold the chassis as "never run" with a new body kit...
The transmission has two small nubs near the rubber motor cover. I have many HiLux/Blazer but I have never seen those small nubs...

What are you on about ?. I have got alot of stuff from him & had No problems .

All the goods were in good condition .

What's odd is that you don't get 1239 sales and a 100% feedback rating by ripping people off.

I have had a few things from that seller as well and had no problems either.

He just has a lot of stuff? As he is always listing more things. Excellent ebayer though just my 2 cents😁

I'm no 3spd expert so the "nubs" in the pic's are something I've never seen. But I will echo everyone else above in saying I've bought a few vintage Bruiser parts from him and have had no problems either.

I've bought some parts from him when I was restoring my Bruiser, and it always was a good experience.

Quite frankly, I don't believe the guy deserves to be called "clever" in that way.

I don't want to say that he is a swindler, but he should not sell a used chassis as "never run".

If I pay $ 1,670 (+ Customs) for a chassis called "never run" and I get a used one... I'd be very disappointed.

• Like 1

Perhaps there's a language/interpretation problem here. I would not assume that "never run" meant "new" so, by definition, it's "used".

Of course, you didn't buy it, so you've saved yourself from disappointment. I don't think you can extrapolate your feelings on this point to everyone else.

• Like 1

fair comments on both sides guys ,....................... but i hope this thread dont go square and end up in a witch hunt again !!!!!!!!!!! :ph34r:

I don't want to say that he is a swindler, but he should not sell a used chassis as "never run".

If I pay $ 1,670 (+ Customs) for a chassis called "never run" and I get a used one... I'd be very disappointed.

When something was originally sold as an assembly kit, just by it being built means it's 'used', whether it has been run or not.

A 'new' Hilux 4x4 would be still in it's box, and never have been opened.

Can anyone verify that they're even the same chassis? I certainly can't but I'm hardly familiar with Bruiser chassis.

Comparing the pictures between the two auctions, it does appear to be the exact same chassis. The bends in the motor wiring and splices are exactly the same. The silicone sealant on the transmission is exactly the same.

Also, note that the chassis+body parts auction sold, whereas the chassis only auction was ended by the seller shortly before the chassis+body auction finished.

So perhaps the seller had two auctions going for the same chassis, one with body parts for more money, and the other for chassis only. Not sure if doing that follows eBay policy (same item in two different auctions).

But like others have said, you don't get 100% feedback from poor service or misrepresenting items.

I agree with Mark: "never run" is still "used" because the kit was built. "Never run" is a fair term for an assembly kit that was built but not driven. Any Tamiya collector knows how to interpret the term. The chassis+body auction didn't specify the condition because the chassis was used but the body was new. There is no swindling here.

• Like 1

The chassis 4x4 had all ready gone through on E-Bay , as i was looking at it .

Then he relisted it , But it looks like he removed the chassis from the bay &

Made a package deal , with adding the body set . The time's on the two are

are different , by about 40 min's . chassis ended 809.40 PDT & the lot sold

@ 848.37 PDT .

I have said b4 , I have got alot of parts from him & all is good . Packed well &

good postage price etc .... He has alot of bruiser & toyota 4X4 stuff . Great

source of them parts .