biggamehunter

front astute tyre options or availabilty ?//

hi all , im struggling to find front and rear realy, tyres for astute wheels , the vanquish type hybrid rears will fit but the fronts are too wide i beleive , they need to be thinner like bearhawk and madcap fronts , can anyone help me in my quest to find a new set please , or something that will fit even ? thanks all :(

Part number is #53048 for the spike 2WD front tyres. Pretty hard to find on a good day.

There are other non-tamiya options like Shumacher, or Ballistic (Check the products page for Ballistic Tyres).

thanks guys , for your input , T,A, mark . i did look at the balistic but didnt know if they would fit , i think the size is 1.9" inside

Can't say I've seen a 1.9" 2WD front wheel on a buggy before. 1.55" and 1.75" (SRBs and vintage Tamiya), 2.0", 2.16" (Tamiya) or 2.2". I read on other forums guys are using these for racing on the Associated buggys, but I can't find anywhere that gives a dimension. My guess would be 2.2".

its definately smaller than 2.2" mark , im sure they are 1.9" inside and 2.9" outside , hence the dificulty in sourcing/finding them .

I was saying the Ballistic tyres are 2.2", not the Astute wheels. Given that the Astute front tyres are the same part number as the Bear Hawk's fronts, the Bear Hawk's front wheels are 2.0". Try these Shumacher's or these for a fit. These from CRP.

• Like 1