Absolutely nothing in the slightest bit official or confirmed but someone I know has said Bigwig rere this year.

Keep a look out.

J

• Like 2

Are they credible?

I'd be quite surprised at this one as it was a flop in the UK if I remember rightly, although I could see it have being a big success in Japan.

I am a fan though, so it would be great to get a runner. :)

i heard from a bigwig freak who owns a sinofile toy company in california that his contacts in japan seemed to suggest the same... that a bigwig re-re seems to be in development.

after the supershot and the fox, i'd believe it to be possible. i don't know about things like the blackfoot, monster beetle or super sabre... but the bigwig has a special significance in tamiya history. i guess i'd be curious whether or not they'd be changing the moon craft branding to something more generic... which would suck since those wheels are one of the hardest bigwig items to find.

will be interesting to see what happens.

here is a quote of the message i am referring to:

Your offer is very tempting, but I am a Bigwig lover and can't get enough of this buggy. It's probably because I couldn't afford it when i was younger and told myself that I would buy it one day when I had the money. Well, after the first one came another one and then so on. I went to my workshop to see how many I actually do have and it turns out that I have 6 built, 2 still on the work shelf that needs some extra parts and 2 new in box. To be honest, I saw your auction for the bigwig wheels with tires and decals and when it was at such a low price, I couldn't resist and I ended up buying it. I actually already have 3 brand new sets of Moon craft wheels still on the tree and 4 NOS decal sheets. With the re-release of the Boomerang and Hot Shot, I bought 22 pairs of fronts and 22 pairs of the rear tires direct from Tamiya so I'll have tires until the cows come home.

Again, your offer is very tempting, but I already have 3 Foxes and 4 Boomerangs. I actually also have both of them new in Box as well. I'll pick them up when I can find a good deal. The last Bigwig I got was for $648.00 from a local collector. The ones going for over $1000 is just too expensive I think. Also, there is rumors with my friends in Japan that Tamiya is considering to re-release the Bigwig since they already share some parts with the Boomerang. Of course this is only rumor so you never know. I'll have to pass on your offer now, but lets do keep in touch as you never know I may have something else you need or vice versa.

The source for the info I got is similar to Beef's. Looks like it could well happen. I hope so.

i guess i'd be curious whether or not they'd be changing the moon craft branding to something more generic... which would suck since those wheels are one of the hardest bigwig items to find.

Moon Craft was just a made up name rather than a genuine manufacturer wasn't it?

We can only hope !! . Would be good at christmas time maybe , just gives us all

time to save some more pennys up :D .

Would be perfect. Then my wife knows what to give me for christmas :)

Let's bring back the Technigold while we are at it.

• Like 1

nope - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mooncraft_Shiden

specifically:

"with a body designed by the Japanese automotive design company Mooncraft"

Interesting stuff, I never knew that. I agree then that it would be touch & go whether any re-release would still have that name on the wheels.

No chance of the Technigold coming back though.

If this is happening I reckon it will get presented at the November Tamiya Fair.

Another good thing about this, if it happens, would be the availability of fresh decals as some of them are starting to lift on my new built original.

jeeezz...where am i suppose to get the money for this?...huh?...where?...theres too many re-re's releasing...lol...i want them all...i need to win the lottery.

oh...by the way.... i hope this is true :)

Not sure if he actually founded the company anyway but Takuya Yura, the guy who designed the Bigwig body, is now the President and CEO of Mooncraft. :o

• Like 1

plus just bought the yellow Tamiya Bigwig A parts .. now just need original bumper and my money pit of rebuild is done

I wanted this one soooo bad, love the "realistic" looking buggies the most and this one packed a Technigold! I also seem to recall Tamiya touting the wider chassis tub for the newly released 8.4v NiCd packs..

Make it so, Tamiya! :wub:

NIB Bigwig sales already started - somethings happening :lol:

There seems to be a run of super champs on that Evil Bay at the moment ....

A NIB big wig would be great & to build on from new is even better .

Considering it was designed around the 8.4V battery it would be interesting to see how this one was presented for the current market. Do they still make their own 8.4V?