A NIB big wig would be great & to build on from new is even better .

see main TC page then !

Considering it was designed around the 8.4V battery it would be interesting to see how this one was presented for the current market. Do they still make their own 8.4V?

My thoughts too - i could see it being a BW body on a boomer chassis with changes for the front shocks and yellow parts

My thoughts too - i could see it being a BW body on a boomer chassis with changes for the front shocks and yellow parts

I don't see them doing that mind, it would be suicide as nobody would buy it IMO. I think they will just make internal changes to the existing chassis, if needed, for LiPo etc.

Actually, do Hotshots, Boomerangs etc accept LiPo batteries? It's something that I have never even thought about before to be honest.

Considering it was designed around the 8.4V battery it would be interesting to see how this one was presented for the current market. Do they still make their own 8.4V?

Here's the thing... remember what they did with the Buggy Champ and Sand Scorcher since Tamiya no longer made hump back batteries and a typical stick pack will not fit in the electronics compartment? A foam spacer to suit the M-style LiFe battery. It isn't inconceivable they could do the same here to make a typical 7.4v battery fit without sloshing around.

• Like 1

Here's the thing... remember what they did with the Buggy Champ and Sand Scorcher since Tamiya no longer made hump back batteries and a typical stick pack will not fit in the electronics compartment? A foam spacer to suit the M-style LiFe battery. It isn't inconceivable they could do the same here to make a typical 7.4v battery fit without sloshing around.

The 7.2V already fits as the chassis was originally designed for both. An inner raised fin is moulded into each end to stop the 7.2 from sliding around.

bigwig002_zps50c8d4ed.jpg

bigwig001_zpse859a231.jpg

Would the LiFe fit in this small cavity if supplied with the same sponge adapter supplied with the Buggy Champ & Scorcher?

• Like 1

i never realized that!

Yeah both original styles fit in snugly.

If this really is coming I think they will just recommend the old stick-pack style batteries. To fit modern stuff into that cavity looks to me like a major internal rework would be required. I don't see them "wasting" money on that.

i can say that my bigwig chassis can fit the 7.4 round case but had to cut the battery stops away and use a foam pad at that end but works fine

Why not just use the stickpack size lipos?

Perfectly feasible but Tamiya themselves won't recommend that since, as far as I am aware, they don't do a stick LiPo themselves. They would only advise use of their own types of batteries.

• Like 1

Perfectly feasible but Tamiya themselves won't recommend that since, as far as I am aware, they don't do a stick LiPo themselves. They would only advise use of their own types of batteries.

Fantastic! anyway good thing we know better :)

post-14464-0-58266200-1372207876_thumb.jI love my Big Wig, but it looks much much better without all the yellow plastic everywhere IMO.

Yeah both original styles fit in snugly.

If this really is coming I think they will just recommend the old stick-pack style batteries. To fit modern stuff into that cavity looks to me like a major internal rework would be required. I don't see them "wasting" money on that.

Just remember , that the lipos are longer & this chassis would be great for them . Fit with NO problems .

I run my BW with a lipo & i didn't have to do a thing with it wooohoo .

• Like 1

Same here, matman. Bigwig and LiPo = Light(er).

Absolutely love running mine but I think I'd just have to buy a rere Wiggy 'if' it came out.

I hope they do something different enough to tempt me into getting one. I'd buy a vintage Fox all day long over a rere. Same with Hotshot, Boomerang etc but for whatever reason I'd quite fancy buying, building, running a new Wiggy.

Same here, matman. Bigwig and LiPo = Light(er).

Absolutely love running mine but I think I'd just have to buy a rere Wiggy 'if' it came out.

I hope they do something different enough to tempt me into getting one. I'd buy a vintage Fox all day long over a rere. Same with Hotshot, Boomerang etc but for whatever reason I'd quite fancy buying, building, running a new Wiggy.

I'm going to get the BW re re & build one from new & have NIB as well . I love running my Wiggy ( as you put it :D )

As well & so much better with the lipo as well .

Just remember , that the lipos are longer & this chassis would be great for them . Fit with NO problems .

I run my BW with a lipo & i didn't have to do a thing with it wooohoo .

Are LiPos the same width as a standard stick pack too?

If they do re-re it then they absolutely must not tamper with things that made it unique. I want to see the original rack & pinion steering with rubber boots remain in place for starters.

• Like 1

Are LiPos the same width as a standard stick pack too?

Yes i'm sure it is & i use them in my Boomerang as well , But i have

changed the battery holder to the 8.4 setting on that as well & the battery

fit's fine .

Just out of curiousity,do you think that the "winger" shell for the Boomerang,could have been the original idea for the BigWig?

Possibly designed before MoonCraft and the 10th anniversary where considered?

Also i was thinking,do you reckon that the name maybe started as BIG WING and got abit lost in translation?

Maybe a new BigWig could have the unique feature of coming with a more performance motor (Tamiya brushless) and promote a newer racing pack (Tamiya Li-po/Life relaunch)?just as the original did.

Its surely a model that would deserve something special,just like the original

Just out of curiousity,do you think that the "winger" shell for the Boomerang,could have been the original idea for the BigWig?

Possibly designed before MoonCraft and the 10th anniversary where considered?

Personally, I don't believe because Takuya Yura has never been linked to the Winger body in any way.

Still, the Winger body remains as one huge mystery.

Winger and other bodies like Thunder Dragon, Super Dragon, Saint Dragon, Fire Dragon were made for television purposes.

I know that Coro Coro Racing Team bodies were the replica of bodies seen in a manga cartoon Coro Coro Comics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bakusō_Kyōdai_Let's_%26_Go!!

Winger body was used in a live action studio program in tv. It also came from the Bon Bon Comic, you can also find it on Wikipedia.

Max

Personally, I don't believe because Takuya Yura has never been linked to the Winger body in any way.

Still, the Winger body remains as one huge mystery.

Very interesting Max. Link did not show any photos, though.

Here's one of the very few pics I could find online.

Bakusou%20Kyoudai%20Let%27s%20%26%20Go!!